1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to city management window won't save.

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by CainStar, Feb 20, 2017.

1. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

This a "cut" from another thread where I originally posted so don't be confused by the "formating".

Oh and one other thing. In the "empire/city management window"(don't if that is it's real name quick is F1). There is the overview panel which shows list of your cities, how much health, money research etc. what the city is producing. To ease the management of my empire I like to add the "AUTOMATION" option/bar from the edit window to 'Overview' tab, so I can see which cities have growth restricted and which do not(displayes this red toast at the end of the row). Now I have to do this everytime when I load my game, even thou I click the save icon in the "editorial page", but for some reason it doesn't save anything. I have even tried making a new tab/window completely and naming it anything, but "Overview". Well anyway not a big deal just wondering why it doesn't save my changes.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Just like the BUG setting changes, try to save and then immediately save again. So do a double save where the game actually asks you if you want to "Overwrite". Click the OK and it should now lock in your changes. We still don't know why you have to do it this way. Just that it works.

JosEPh

3. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

Ok I will give it ago.

4. CainStar

CainStar Warlord

I added the 'automation' section to the 'overview' list, then then proceeded to do this:
    1. Click on the save button 10-15 times.
    2. Closed editorial page
    3. Open editorial page again
    4. Clicked on the save button
    5. Closed editorial page
    6. Repeated step 3-5 maybe 3 times.......still no luck in actually saving the changes to the 'overview' page.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

None of this is what I said to do. :nono::shake:

JosEPh:cringe:

6. Harrier

Harrier Deity

@CainStar

Having created all the files in UserSettings and saved the CustomDomAdv file when you update it. Try cutting the folder "CustomDomAdv" to your desktop (so you can retrieve it.).

I have a suspicion, that if that folder is present it ignores the file you have updated.

The folder was added not to long ago - not sure why. Probably the different languages.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The folder was added both for different languages but also because if you did not have it you could not start to edit or change things.

Not sure if we got the editing from BUG or Revolutions. Either way it is not "ours" so no one knows how it works.