1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes to QM/EQM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Noble Zarkon, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Today we have announced the beta of the new version of Buffy, if all goes well with the testing this new version will be recommended from 10th January and compulsory from the 10th March 2018 (after the current Challenge finishes).

In parallel to this we are aiming to update the website for the 10th March update to reflect the following changes in response to the discussions around Space Colony / Space Race and the requirement to play games in Vanilla / Warlords for QM/EQM:-

1) A new "BTS Only" Drop Down Filter that can be set in your profile page (another new addition), this will enable those wishing to focus on BTS only to set the filter and always see the data presented with Vanilla/Warlords excluded.

2) A new BTS category for QM & EQM, this would exclude Space Race but include Espionage victories. We feel to demonstrate a mastery of BTS it is not unreasonable to require a minimum of 2 Espionage victories.

3) The existing All Expansions / Vanilla + Warlords QM and EQM will be retained with no changes.

Early next year (after the planned Deity Major Gauntlet) we are planning to run a 3 month Warlords Space Race Gauntlet so that people who still want to play that version have a chance to do so, and also get any required technical help etc.

We hope players will find this a positive response to the concerns raised and a sensible way forward.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  2. elitetroops

elitetroops Chieftain

This seems like a nice compromise. Especially since I've already got my two espionage victories. ;)

A random thought for the Space Race Gauntlet.. How about making it Emperor/Normal speed/Any map size? All the options have rather beatable dates with 1816 AD being the fastest. If people can compete on different sized maps, it would allow for more people to grab #1 slots in the tables, which could encourage more participation. And I think one can be rather competitive on any map size. No option has a clear advantage.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  3. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I'm going to go for this option - would people prefer to pick their own Civ and opponents or does anyone have any suggestions

4. Noble Zarkon

I've started working on the website changes to support the new BTS only options - if you see anything funny try again in 10 minutes and if it's still wonky then please let me know!

5. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

I cannot find the new BTS drop down filter for QM. What am I missing?

6. Noble Zarkon

I've started work on it but it's not publicly available yet, sorry for the confusion.

7. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal Supporter

OK, no worries. Thanks for reply.