Changes to UUs/UBs (includes new civs)

Well, if we are to do the Enkang we need a graphic for it. For the Kraal we would also need one, but I think since the Enkang is more specific to the Maasai we should shoot for that one. The Kraal could work for a few other African civs, so we should keep that one in the holster for later use.

I like the "out of style" point, just had to put that in there one more time eh? ;)

The kraal seems like it would be a good UB, but for another civ. I didn't think the Masaai were from that part of Africa, but I could be mistaken. Maybe the boma would be a better word for it? We could certainly look in that direction though.

EDIT: Does anyone have CivGold still on their computer? I am pretty sure the Masaai are in there, what do they use for the UB and the UU?

On a lighter note; anybody see this business with Civciv5? Hilarious. He put me in his signature.

If it helps, nobody really cares about Civciv5. He's completely lacking in talent, and his leaderheads are mainly just mangled versions of LHs you and Ekmek have done. Technically I'm in his sig as well, as I've downrated everything he's done, since they're all pretty damn hideous imo, and the bulk of the work wasn't done by him.

I don't have CivGold anymore, but I could download it and give it a shot, though Boma could be used as the UB.

Well, as far as I know Boma's are temporary structures used for hunting for the most part. And much like the Kraal are used by many African cultures (there seems to be a lot of overlap in what is called a Kraal and a Boma anyway), in fact the mention of the term Boma makes me think that the Enkang is a better UB for the Maasai anyway. So I was thinking of lowering the defensive abilities of the wall, but I figured that since it is just a videogame I'd leave that in, give it a different technology (in this case Animal husbandry) and give it some bonuses from Pig, Sheep and Cattle (i.e. the domesticated animals). I think that is a pretty unique UB.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also posted a request for the graphic in the graphics request thread, so hopefully someone does it. While it requires a bit more work since it is a city-wall replacement, I think it will be generally easy to do.

And as far as CC5 goes, The_J deleted the posts, but I pretty much got fed up with Civciv5 and called him on the fact that his LHs are just slight retouchings of things I have done (I didn't notice the Ekmek stuff, but I am not surprised) and the fact that he wanted better ratings for his crap LHs that are based on my crap LHs (Dido for example). So basically I said that his leaderheads sucked, he made no effort to improve his abilities, had no shame in taking the work of other people and claiming them as his own and on top of that didn't make an effort to mention that or improve upon them even after I told him about shading and sculpting. Then he went nuts and lost his cool, I was able to not lose my cool, which made it easier to make fun of him, then The_J stepped in.

I've grown kind of tired of CC5 myself too yup... he's kind of losing it quite often IMO. Right now he's having a rampage over at RFCA's thread trying to push civ-addicted into using his lh's through argumentation based on feelings, not logic, which I have to say are not really a good way to argument. He's not really getting anywhere though :p

I support your use of enkaeng now. I like the bonuses.

Enkang it is, hopefully we can get the graphics done somehow. I want to finalize the Armenian civ though, because I have learned it is better to focus on one thing at a time and we are very close to finishing Armenia, so we might as well get that one done. I also plan on getting my computer fixed (or at least diagnosed) on Tuesday, so if all goes well I can get the updated mod from my old computer, tie up a few loose ends and put up a playtest including the Armenian module within a week. :goodjob:

But let's focus on the UB, are we all agreed on a Carpet Weaver? I know I was really the only one that didn't want to do it, but I will agree if we come up with a better name, have a good graphic and appropriate bonuses.

Enkang it is, hopefully we can get the graphics done somehow. I want to finalize the Armenian civ though, because I have learned it is better to focus on one thing at a time and we are very close to finishing Armenia, so we might as well get that one done. I also plan on getting my computer fixed (or at least diagnosed) on Tuesday, so if all goes well I can get the updated mod from my old computer, tie up a few loose ends and put up a playtest including the Armenian module within a week. :goodjob:

But let's focus on the UB, are we all agreed on a Carpet Weaver? I know I was really the only one that didn't want to do it, but I will agree if we come up with a better name, have a good graphic and appropriate bonuses.

For a name, we could always go with the Armenian term for weaver, if anyone happens to know it.
As for bonuses... I'd figure a market replacement with +2 culture and +2 happiness from silk.

Here's wiki on the Armenian Carpet article:
The Armenian words for carpet are "karpet" (Armenian: կարպետ) or "gorg" (Armenian: գորգ). Though both words in Armenian are synonymous, word "karpet" is mostly used for non-pile rugs and "gorg" is for a pile carpet.
Maybe "Gorg factory/weaver" or something?
dF's bonuses is fine with me

I remember we were talking about the Aztec UU a page or two ago (and actually it was discussed a bit in this one). Basically after looking up Aztec warfare I determined that I should add a couple of units to the mesh to display the different warrior societies (I guess the most appropriate term for this would be "knights") that the Aztecs had, and it occured to me that the Jaguar Knight wasn't the top order either, this would be the Cuachicqueh, or "Shorn Ones." So I created a unit for the Eagle Knight and the Shorn One and added it to the mesh group for the Jaguar Knight unit. Here it is in a preview image (along with the new Teotl missionary):

Were these units (Eagle Warrior, Shorn One, Priest) ever released or does anyone have a copy of them from a playtest they could upload? I'd like to use one or a couple in HR if it's okay with Capo.

I posted in the main thread the terrible news; I have lost all of my modular civilizations. I still have their flags and buttons and all that (at least I think I do) but the civs themselves are gone and will require a lot of extra work that I really thought I wouldn't have to do. This does make me want to get the mod released though, so that I can get started on these civs since they make a great addition to the mod and are a chore in themselves.

I am going to start by downloading the ones that are posted to the database, hopefully they are still there. I think this means I should reorganize how I do them. For the first mod I had a few "random" packs that had civilizations that had nothing to do with eachother and then I had "themed" packs like "the Americas" or "Europe" for example. I was thinking maybe I could go in a different direction this time. Thoughts?

EDIT: this means I have lost all of my Phoenician medieval units.

EDIT: and my Apache and Maasai units.

Can't you just use my Phoenician Medieval Units?

Guess it's harder with Maasain and Apache, but still, I bet you could find it somewhere (if you didn't do them all yourself and never uploaded or got any backups of them or sent them to someone to help test them)

The only reason I wouldn't use your Medieval-era Phoenicians is because that is for a more historically-based mod, not to mention I have modular civs and one plan was to do a "Cross and Crescent" pack along with a mini-scenario about the Crusades, and I don't want to have unit-graphic overlap etc. Regardless, I found the Phoenician medieval units on my computer anyway. The only positive thing about this loss of modules is that it will force me to make even better ones.

Top Bottom