1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes you have made to RFC.

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by smile286, May 27, 2008.

1. smile286

smile286 Chieftain

I mean XML-balance changes. Eg i have:

- Increase cost of some techs: Scientific Method (to prevent early Industrial era), Chemistry (same), Gunpowder (to add more time to use "classical" trebuchets, knights and macemans);
    - Edit Madrassa: in my games they give only 10% research, 4 slots for priests and reduced cost to prevent Arabia become a tech leader (which is unhistorical);
    - Edit Keshiks: 12 strength to represent the power of Golden Horde.

Sorry for bad English.

2. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

I have the Inquisitor and Zoroastrianism modcomps, I tweaked the religion spread rates so that for example Judaism/Zoroastrianism hardly spreads at all while Christianity and Islam spread very easily and I gave the Mongolians more starting units and strengthened their UP in an attempt to make the spread more rapidly but it didn't really work.

3. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Arabia is never a tech leader in my games and it's not that unhistorical anyway.

Personally, I had reduced the Russian UP a bit (I dislike that UP 'cause of its defencive nature - the AI's are already bad at attacking).

Increased the number of free Colonists for European powers.

Increased some stability bonuses, unhistorical expansion is less penalized.

4. Theodorick

Theodorick King

Fix the obvious foreign stability bug for Egypt.

5. Disenfrancised

Disenfrancised Beep Beep

Removed that mountain in Cuba ;).

6. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Oh, I think I'll do it too! Careful editing the map - it seems that Egypt, China and India get an extra settler and warrior after every edit... Or it was so in Warlords, I had to delete the lines in the map file.

7. Theodorick

Theodorick King

I could never really figure out why there's a mountain there. I'd think at the least there'd be a hill, since that part of Cuba is hilly, but nothing anyone would consider mountainous. Can someone explain why Rhye did this?

There's also a few other strange things in the game considering mountains. For instance it's impossible to make the traditional silk road, because there's no mountain pass in the western Taklamakan Desert. Instead you have to go north, basically skipping right over Kashgar--which is impossible to build. As a result you have a silk road that's longer, harder to build, and less secure than the traditional silk road. If the correct pass and area to build Kashgar was there, the silk road would more likely be built, especially if you were playing China or Persia, and it wouldn't be wrecked constantly as easily by barbarians, and would actually do its part to foster trade between China and the middle east. As for now it's a pain to build, because you have to go more out of you way than you should have to.

Other unusual mountains I have actually removed before are the Appalachians, which should just be all hills, as well as the seemingly randomly placed mountains in northern africa, especially the sahara.

8. sennomulo

sennomulo Friendly

Another mountain that really irks me is the one in Taiwan. You can build a city there but it won't ever be able to have any production, which considering the number of items I own labeled "Made In Taiwan", seems rather unrealistic.

9. astrognash

astrognash TXT_KEY_CUSTOM_USER_TITLE

I got rid of the mountain where Honolulu should be, and the southern one on the big island of Hawaii. I also am working on changing some leader names. If cities have names in the language of their owner, leaders should have names in their language.

Examples:
    Asoka->Ashoka
    Saladin->Sh'al Adin
    Tokugawa->Tokugawa Ieyasu
    Peter->Tzar Pyotr

10. Metal Alloy Man

Metal Alloy Man Back in Black

Hmmm, interesting. Maybe I should try this.:cool:

11. MrPopov

MrPopov King

I gave Babylon vulture and the bowman UU. I also gave them the Zigg and Garden UBs

I filled in some holes in Japan to give them more land to play with (I don't usually play them so it helps the AI a bit) I cleaned up some marsh around Khmer (again for AI) I cleaned the marsh in Louisiana. I added some oasis for Mali and pre-placed cottages on them. Lots of other map changes that I felt made the game fun too but those are the biggest.

12. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

I have no idea how to do anyhting with XML, but I always thought it would be cool to have a fort appear at Suez and Panama at the appropriate times

13. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

many (really many) european middle ages technological advances came from Arabs. If there's a period in RFC where Arabia can get the tech lead is the MA. After that it's unlikely to be a tech leader.

14. Theodorick

Theodorick King

That would be a tad useless. The AI often builds the Suez in one form or another--sometimes even as early as 1000BC--and the Panama too if you wait long enough. And if the Panama is never built, it's likely one city built by the Mayans or even Aztecs does the job just as well.

The only canal's that are never built by the AI and would be useful, depending on the game, are:

White Sea-Baltic Canal - It's hard to build, but you'll be able to have a decent navy due to it.
    Berlin Canal - Self explanatory, especially useful early, since it's hard to find a decent city to build a navy with early on.
    Great Lakes Canal system - Now Chicago can be connected to the ocean, or even Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal if built.

I once even made a huge canal stretching from the black sea all the way to Lake Balkhash, but this was pretty useless, and just for fun.

15. Dabur

Dabur Prince

Hi ,

carefull with that , or the map might be entirly brown , .... :mischief:

now where is my anti mongolian vaccin again :confused:

Have a nice day :)

16. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Removed some jugles, and replaced Germany with the HRE.

17. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

18. Metal Alloy Man

I tried to do this last summer, but all I did was allow everyone to build Lansknechts and Rathauses. Could you please tell me how to do this! I'd be very grateful.:crazyeye:

19. Metal Alloy Man

How'd you do that cause I'd like to make that change as well.:crazyeye:

20. Lokolus

Lokolus Retired...

Change "GERMANY" in the WB save to "HOLY ROME".