Changes you'd like to see in the next patch?

Japper007

Prince
With the second 'Winter' patch right around the corner, what do you think should be the issues to get rid of in the patch after this one (i.e. Patch 3)?

Here are some of my ideas:

Tile improvements:

These should get a significant rebalancing, right now it's pretty much Academies>>> everything else>>> Terrascapes. Some bonuses from Affinity would be nice (like Purity and it's farms).

Quests:

I would like these to get a more significant role, in the pre-release material they were hyped as a be-all-end-all way of getting Affinity, as it is they barely get you a few levels worth.

Simply more of them would also be nice, the current ones are getting a bit stale.

Game pace:

One major problem with the game right now is that it's over before it has really gotten started. Around turn 100 I usually have all core techs, 5+ cities and it is now just a matter of spamming academies and roads, and shift-clicking all +Affinity techs. At around turn 250 the game is over.

As a comparison: in Civ 5 turn 100 would be the time you get to the mid-game and turn 250 you enter the late game face. And Civ 5 was already quite a lot faster paced than it's predecessors.

Moving victory requirements to Affinity 18 could perhaps solve this somewhat, which leads into my next point:

The victories:

Oh man, the victories. They are samey: all of them (except Domination) require you to research techs and then build a wonder. Purity and Supremacy require excessive micro-management and the others just require a lot of sitting around twiddling your thumbs while clicking next turn.

I'm sorry if this post comes of a little rantey, I just really want to be able to love this game, it has so much potential!

Great suggestions!

I would like to see

Make the game harder

More health penalties
Less easy to trade (maybe that will happen with this patch)
Less easy to gain energy
Less science so academies need to be adjusted

Balancing the sponsors
Right now the African Union is so overpowered

Balancing the colonists
Artists is overpowered

Balancing the virtue trees
I like to to see knowledge become stronger (or perhaps Industry weaker)

Improving victory conditions
Too easy, too fast, too boring right now
Maybe victories should requiem a certain amount of available resources

Improve the aliens
They are OK in the very beginning but they need to be able to put up more of a fight as the game goes on
They should be able to develop some immunity and attack trade routes and units more towards the end.

More involved diplomacy

Top Bottom