Changing ammunition for bombers+cruise missles in subs

mRhapPy

Chieftain
I think you should be able to cange the type of bombs in your bombers. im pretty sure i saw a forum about firebomeing, but maybe you could have cluster bombs to fight in fantry, mavericks for tanks,and maybe even nukes for a ww2 kindof thing.
ALso it has always annoyed me that subs cant carry cruise missles, besides recon thats all subs are used for in really life if ya think about it.

Civ assumes that your weapons officers in your air force are smart enough to put the right kind of bombs in your aircraft. (If that is the case, you may need fire your Officers.) Civ is not a tactical game as long as it is not, you will never see an idea like yours enacted.

I agree with you about the ability to carry cruise missiles. These should actually come as a "built in feature" for subs and AEGIS cruiser. It would get to fire one (or more) missile at a target.

hey i tried.....

I don't want missile units in the game. I'd rather subs and modern ships (aegis cruiser, missile destroyer) get some serious bombard range to emulate the power of missiles. In a game where you control an entire nation, making sure each ship is fully armed is a little too low level a decision to be making.

I'd only do that for neuclear warheads, since they've made them for everything from landmines to artillery shells to cruise missiles, ICBM's, bombers, fighter bombers...

Subs and Aegis cruisers should be able to launch cruise missiles - whether you load each one up individually, or they just get a very good bombard rating, doesn't really matter.

I think it would be better bto actuallym load the cruise missles in the sub or w/e, and then you have to launch them out of the ship so that it wouldnt be all to overpowering and it would be more entertaining to actually see the cruise missle

once you develop the requiste technology for CMs or whatever, you should be able to upgrade certain ship classes to be able to carry them, and all ones that you build afterwards should have the option of having CMs or not. Like different batches of the same ship class.
What i would like to see is some options for ship classes. I know some would say that its micromanagment but really does it make sense for all the nations to have the same class of SSN or DDG or FFH?

Suki said:
I'd only do that for neuclear warheads, since they've made them for everything from landmines to artillery shells to cruise missiles, ICBM's, bombers, fighter bombers...

That's still a tad much for micromanaging. Better to have a one-shot unit, the "Nuclear Bomber," that comes before the development of missiles. Also, I don't recall the nuclear landmines ("recall" as in remember, though I never sent out any orders to return them to the manufacturer either). And the Nuclear Artillery was abandoned after it was discovered that Russian troops were arming themselves with grade school-level wooden desks, thus rendering the weapons useless.

Top Bottom