Changing City Tab Colour for player.

Chieftain
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the colour for player's civilization city tab, on the main game screen. I am using a modified BUG mod.

The city population number (17) is in gray and black (indicating stagnation)
Colour Examples.jpg

What I want is for the current player to see their civ's colours instead of the default growth stagnation colours. Basically change what's in the top red circle to what's in the bottom one haha.
Colour Examples 2.jpg

Hopefully I explained that somewhat clearly. Thank you in advance for all the help.

I don't know that I've ever seen the code that does the color change for the city bar, though it undoubtedly is written in Python and probably has some links to CvScreen.py or CvMainInterface.py. You could try looking in those files for some links and pointers to what you want to do. You will most likely have to override the mechanism that shows city stagnation.

Two years later and I still haven't been able to figure it out. If anyone has any more advice on the subject I would greatly appreciate it.

This can be done. You would need to edit the dll (i.e. change the source code and recompile it), specifically the function CvCity::getCityBillboardSizeIconColors.
Your desired change would be pretty easy to implement if you are able to compile the dll.

Thank you Luna, this is good news. I'm going to start learning how to do this. Any free programs you'd recommend for doing such?

I would recommend you to follow this guide: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-easiest-way-to-compile-a-new-dll.608137/
All necessary programs are available for free.
The contents of the CvGameCoreDLL folder should be overwritten by the one from your mod if you are currently not using the default BTS dll. (Are you currently using a modified dll? I.e. does your mod's assets folder contain a dll file?)

Yes my mod is built from Better BUG AI so it has CvGameCoreDLL & CvGameCoreDLL_50_Civs, I assume I should work off those?

And Visual C++ is the program that allows me to interpret and edit the files? I tried opening them with it but apparently am missing components so I think I need to start fresh with the installations. Thank you so much for this help, the dream of seeing my Civ's colours lives on!

The program from the link is Visual Studio 2010 Express. You should follow the steps of "setup from scratch". I can try to help if you have a problem with a certain step.

Top Bottom