Changing from 0% sci to 100%

Pentium

Digital Matter
When I have Great Lib, I put research to 0%, don't build libraries...
When I get Education, I try to stay in lead in tech. But then I have to build Libraries, Universities... Do you think it's worthy?

Well it depends on your goals and level. Me I would say no need to even build the GL below Demi. Just make troops and kick some butt.

The GL shines best at sid, I feel I must go for it there.

IF you want to play builder and maybe peaceful, then your plan is fine.

What were you doing with all that money you were making at 0% research?

He is likely going to rush those libs and spend the money on that and max researching, after the GL expires.

I would not think a builder is going to spend it on troops.

Yes, my money goes mostly on rushing improvements. When I go to space, this is my usual plan. But in AA your income is less than 100gpt, and later it is over 1000, so saving the money doesn't work.
And I build only enough troops s they don't attack me.

My best games at demigod have been when I have built the GL, used 0 science and saving money till republic govt is learnt and installed. Then I check which techs have been giving to the scientific civs at start of 2nd age, trigger a GA and research a separate tech line at 100% science funded by tech sales gained from the GL to lessor civs. The GA combined with libraries built prior to the 2nd age or rushed at that point allows me to beat thew AI civs to the tech I choose, allowing me to sell it at a good price to the tech leadersfor high GPT or cash only, I do not need to trade for techs they learn as GL gives them to me. Their learning immediately slows down as they reduce their science rate to pay me and by the time my GA ends I have gained a solid tech lead which with appropiate deals pays for many rushed building and units and the strongest civ economically.

Top Bottom