Changing icons on the civics tree

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
I've been changing the policy types for my mod and want to get unique textures into the government and civic tree screens. I know about Rule with Faith and have tried to work from what JFD did with that and have managed to sort out everything with respect to the government screens, but cannot seem to change the policy icons that show on the tree, i.e.

So, I want to change the green diplomacy icon to a custom icon. I'm sure that it's a change in the CivicsTree.lua and/or CivicsTree.xml files, but cannot seem to find exactly what I need to change.

Can anyone help please?

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\TechAndCivicSupport.lua:
Code:
			elseif(slotType == "SLOT_DIPLOMATIC" ) then
				icon = "ICON_TECHUNLOCK_11";
ICON_TECHUNLOCK_11 tracks back to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons\Icons_TechUnlocks.xml

The data in the quoted lua lines is then sent back up to a function named PopulateUnlockablesForCivic within the TechAndCivicSupport.lua file, which I think is called somewhere in the CivicsTree.lua

And all this is just to track down the Icon that is used in the civics tree for a policy-type

It is all very simples and not at all convoluted :lol:

Who'd have guessed that a policy icon would be found under "unlocksframes"? Thanks a lot, Lee, that's a massive help.

EDIT: Got it working in game. It's so simple once you can find the right part of the file to amend! Thanks again, Lee, that's three days worth of getting all the UI parts of the tech tree and government screens within Anno Domini to work over and done now!

Top Bottom