1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing leader images

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Daveyleo10, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Daveyleo10

Daveyleo10 Chieftain

Ive downloaded a leader mod but I'd like to change the images that have come with it.
    I'd like to learn how to do it.

I've got limited knowledge but I'm not new to modding. Is it really as simple as going into the texture folder and pasting over the DDS files or is it more complicated than that? I've downloaded paint.net as that seems to be what people use.

Any advice would be great. As I say I just want to replace the images of the leader (loading screen etc)

Thanks!

2. raen

raen Coat of Arms

you can look into my Portugal mod if you want, I only use DDS and a solution that does not need mod buddy. I based my civ on sikh civilization, that maybe is better to use in first place because has only one leader, an unit and a building.

Also I only use paint.net for pictures, that have to be saved in a particular format: A8B8GR8. I believe you have to download DDS plugin for paint.net if donĀ“t have it already.