Changing screen resolution hangs the game

Vynd

Prince
Hi all. I've been having a problem with Civ 4 in recent months that I just haven't been able to figure out. I go into Options -> Graphics, and attempt to change the Screen Resolution size....

Spoiler :
The resolution changes, and I'm asked to confirm if I want to accept the new resolution. If I click yes, the game hangs. The mouse still responds and music plays but nothing else happens. I have to use task manager to kill the program.

I tried reinstalling Civ and updating my video card drivers to see if that would get rid of this issue, but it didn't work. Although after reinstalling the game defaulted to a different resolution than I'd had it set at before, any attmept to change it causes the game to hang.

It's not a critical problem, but I've also experienced random crashes since I first bought Civ years ago, and lately I've had some hard-to-describe display errors. This is the only reproducible problem I've found and I was hoping if I could resole it the other problems would stop too.

I'm running Civ IV 1.74 with the curent HOF mod. DxDiag attached.

I realized right after posting this that I should really try loading up the game without any mods and see if that would help. And it did. :blush: So apparently the HOF mod 1.74.002 was what prevented me from changing screen resolution.

I'm leaving this post here just in case someone with the same issue comes looking for answers.

Top Bottom