1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Changing the colors of the civ symbols

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by j51, Jun 14, 2011.

1. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Does anyone know how to change the colours of the little round symbols for each civ? I want them to match the colours I've changed the civs to.

2. Optik

Optik Chieftain

you must create 2 .xml files:

PlayerColor.xml
    Color.xml
    You have to set them with ModModActivated/UpdateDatabase

Have a look there for a color sample, in your CIV5 folder:
    Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/Gameplay/XML/Interface/...

3. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

No, I've already done that. I mean those shiny round things. When I change the colours in those two xml files, it dosn't effect the round things, only the border and uniform colours. Also what's "ModModActivated/UpdateDatabase"?

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

If by "shiny round things" (and there are many shiny round things in the game) you mean (for want of a better phrase) the civilisation logo (eg the crown in a dark red circle for Elizabeth), those colours are fixed in the graphic .dds files - so you'd need to re-colour the graphics.

5. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Oh, ok, thanks!

6. yorkgrass

yorkgrass Warlord

so where are these graphic files? are they in dds? I can't find any, please help!

7. drwcody

drwcody Chieftain

I cant find the graphic files either. anyone know where they are located?

8. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

They are in the .fpk files (see the Resource directory in the game install location), Dragon Unpacker can unpack them.

But some of the .dds files are in a non-standard .dds format, you need this tool to convert them to png. After editing you can convert them to standard .dds and include them in your mod with VFS set to true. It's best to use different names than the original files, and create your own icon atlases.