Changing Visibilty Question

sman1975

Emperor
Hi everyone,

Am working on a mod that's about driven me to drink, not that the destination is ever far away... :lol:

In the mod, the map is already visible (with MapVisible set to 1 for TECH_AGRICULTURE).

I'm trying to offer the player 4 different degrees of visibility:

1. "Normal" Visibility: if you own the tile or have units near the tile, you can see what's going on there.

2. All Land Tile Visibility: as the name suggests, you can see everything that is happening on every land tile on the map.

3. Land + Surface Ship Visibility: you can see all land tiles and every surface ship on the map. (an easy one if you use the FOW_SetAll(0) method)

4. See Everything: all land and see tiles visible, including submarines.

As you can see, the visibility escalates as you move from 1 to 4, the higher the number, the more you see.

The problem: I can't figure out how to reduce the visibility level with LUA.

It seems like once a tile becomes visible, I can't figure out how to make it "invisible" again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've toyed around with various settings, borrowing solutions from IGE, Live Tuner, WHoward's TechSatellitesRevealCities, etc., and have no problems going from 1 to 2, then 2 to 3, then 3 to 4. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to go from 4 to 3 to 2 to 1. Nothing seems to work. The documentation is scarce, and evidentially, some of the methods are buggy).

Just a reminder, I'm not talking about Fog of War, only visibility (since the map is already revealed).

So, I guess my question is: Is it even possible to "reset" visibility to the normal variety?

And if so, how????

Thanks!

Top Bottom