Changing Warmonger Decay

Mudrac

Orc Warchief
Hello everyone. Just yesterday I was looking how the math for warmongering works, and realized that decay simply takes too long, it's only 5 per turn. So I am interested where in files could I change that?

WARMONGER_THREAT_PER_TURN_DECAY in the <Defines> table, found in the GlobalDiplomacyAIDefines.xml file

On a related topic, does anyone know how to change the decay for stuff like being caught stealing? There doesnt appear to be any decay implemented, so the AI will hate you forever if you are caught stealing. I tried changing all the spying related values in the AI defines file to 0, but that did nothing...

Hello.

I'm looking to do the exact same thing, though I have additional questions, so i thought I'd use this thread instead of starting a new one.

Now that I've got the disclaimer out of the way ...

I'm looking to increase the decay rate of the warmonger penalties. Will the following code work?

Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>
	<Defines>
		<Update
			<Set Value="5"/>
			<Where Name="WARMONGER_THREAT_PER_TURN_DECAY"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

Hopefully that will be okay. I don't know of any quick way to test this, so I thought I'd ask.

The main reason I'm asking here is because I'm not sure what value to use for the decay. I still want Warmongering to be something that I need to keep an eye on, but I don't it to automatically mean I'm in a permanent state of denunciation and prevented from trading.

I play exclusively on Marathon speed, and I've noticed that the XML files seem to be for Standard speed, with multipliers coming into play for slower speeds. For example, production from chopping forests is set to 20 in the XMLs and provides 20 production in game at standard speed. At marathon it provides 60.

Is this multiplying factor something I'd need to take into account for this mod? Can anyone recommend a specific value to provide more balance between war and peace? It feels like I have to go total war or total peace at the moment.

Thanks.

Code:
<GameData>
	<Defines>
[B]		<Update[/B]
			<Set Value="5"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

If only you weren't missing something. :crazyeye:

*cough ... ahem ... I would have found it eventually.

It built without errors.

Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>
	<Defines>
		<Update[COLOR="Red"][B]>[/B][/COLOR]
			<Set Value="5"/>
		</Update>
	</Defines>
</GameData>

How about my query on the value I should use? Any suggestions/info?

It will build 'without errors' because the type of errors that get reported during the build process are a different animal altogether. Typos and syntax errors within xml, sql, or lua are not reported during 'build'.

Your code would not increase the 'decay rate', it would actually add more warmonger penalty since the original code is:
Code:
<Row Name="WARMONGER_THREAT_PER_TURN_DECAY">
	<Value>-5</Value>
</Row>

Ah. That makes sense. Would have been annoying if I'd left it like that.

Top Bottom