Chapel Hill shooting: Terrorism? Hell no! he was a "lone wolf"

So wait, since faith of this variety is by definition faith free of factual support, simply being a person of faith is an act of evil? Now that's an old and tired twist on things.
Hate the sin, not the sinner. ;)

Having (trusting?) faith is evil, the person is just a human.

And for comparison, since the attack in Denmark is interpreted to be an attack against people who dare to speak their mind, it is classified as a terrorist attack. If, in the end, it seems like that guy was simply annoyed at stone buildings or clothes of a certain colour, it will likely be classified as a hate crime. :p

So having a belief you don't hold is evil. A different path to enlightenment/respectful peace is wrong. We don't hate gays, we hate the sin. Bleech. Tripe. Or is this satirical? I miss that often enough without a lot of signposting. Usually just means I'm stupid.

I could be stupid. Or it could be tha fact that I'm just drunk. But I did't get your post at all. They look like disconnected sentences to me. :)

Believing things without a scientific hypothesis to back it up still sounds ivil to me.

No they don't. It's a common complaint that they do not, even when asked to comment.

I think "willfully ignorant" is indeed a descriptor that applies to you as a person in general.

^ Yes indeed. It's really not hard to find examples of Muslim organizations condemning terrorism. All it takes is a simple enough google search and you find thousands of them.

And frankly I'd expect nothing less. It's plain that IS isn't doing Muslims in the West any favours at all. And no doubt it's their intention to do just this: alienate the West and Muslims from each other. They may well succeed. Especially with the help of the far right, random racists, and the outright xenophobic.

What you need to is point to them rallying against such things. I mean they rallied some youtube video, the first Danish cartoons and other things. But so far i have not seen one rally against the use of violence by some Muslims against other Muslims and non Muslims. Words are cheap, but showing you actions is a better way to you mean it. I mean many organisation in the Mid East would say they are against violence in English but incite violence on their Arabic communications.

Yeah if you deliberately avoid looking for stuff that contradicts your bigotry, and that stuff doesn't get a whole lot of coverage, you tend not to find things.

It's a shock.

Why don't you focus real hard and try to identify it for yourself.

I wouldn't be asking you if I could identify the alleged bigotry, but defending your insults and accusations aint my responsibility

What you need to is point to them rallying against such things. I mean they rallied some youtube video, the first Danish cartoons and other things. But so far i have not seen one rally against the use of violence by some Muslims against other Muslims and non Muslims. Words are cheap, but showing you actions is a better way to you mean it. I mean many organisation in the Mid East would say they are against violence in English but incite violence on their Arabic communications.

Thanks for moving the goal posts. The complaint was that Muslims don't speak out against terrorism. They do. All the time.

Here's a like to the Center for American-Islamic Relations, a group which Islamophobes groundlessly claim is a front for terrorists in America.
http://www.cair.com/about-us/cair-anti-terrorism-campaigns.html

classical_hero argues that all these condemnations count for nothing unless Muslims get out and march. Let me turn this argument on its head. How many Christians do you see marching against terrorism? How many Christians do you see marching against anti-Muslim hate crimes? Zero! Therefore, using classical_hero's analysis, this must mean that Christians secretly support terrorism and hate crimes.

I submit a person cannot require someone else to do that which he himself has yet to do.

Isn't doing something about terrorism what we pay the government for? Why should I be required to march against it? The price of defending America against terrorism is already going to come out of my pay check (when I get a pay check). And I wasn't the one who marched against the movies and Charlie Hedbo.

Firstly, it would be the height of lunacy to claim there weren't many thousands of Muslims among the four million who marched in January. Especially since there have been specificlaly Muslim rallies against ISIS in France previously.

Secondly, given the climate of reprisal attacks against Muslims that's a pretty big disincentive to people putting themselves out there in public right now and make themselves a target by holding Muslim-specific events. Would be a prime target for hot-heads.

But no, continually denying that Muslims condemn violence isn't deliberately ignorant bigotry at all. Nosiree.

Cultivating or feigning a deliberate ignorance is different to being ignorant. C H knows damn well what he's doing and he's been told of these things before.

Top Bottom