Character Military Groups - Please Read!!!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Before it gets any worse, let me say...

PLEASE STAY ON THE CURRENT TECH!!!!

We have NO techs to work with, so any sense of organization, defined groups, etc. is unrealistic. Orders as seen in one thread, is more along the lines of Code of Laws, if not Fuedalism.

Remember, we're in a village, surrounded by other small tribes. We haven't settled yet, so we don't have a nation. We only have access to maybe a couple hundred items of weaponry, if any at all. Please, no 1,000 racoon berrets (where do they come from? We only exist on an acre or so of land). If you need to get those items, have a character with a tracking trait join one of yours to hunt for racoons. Even still, there aren't going to be 1,000 racoons in a few acres. More like 50-100 at the most. You're going to have to barter with other tribes for tools and weapons. Not only that, you have the despot to content with.

Another example is recruits. In ancient societies (looks like my Anthropology class paid off!), children were trained as fighters from the time they could stand. Recruits imply conscription, which is at Nationalism. It's FAR, FAR too early for recruits.

The conflict manager agrees. We're looking more along the lines of a simplistic, basic tribe. Any troops would have to be raised by the Emperor once the actual game starts, since he controls all the resources. He could place someone else in charge, though.

Remember, I will be determining the outcome of all battles. If you guys win all the time, it's no challenge. Also, I will create NPCs from time to time that represent other tribes.

Even though I have no direct control in this area, let me say I concur. After all, the most advanced weaponry we have right now consists of a sharp rock lashed to a stick. Our primary tactic is to rush the enemy "en masse", and hope we kill more of them than they do us.

Top Bottom