1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Characters showing up as &#nnnn;

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DanyKreep, Nov 28, 2017.

1. DanyKreep

DanyKreep Chieftain

I seem to be the only person having this problem, and I can't fin any solution anywhere. I'm trying to read the language translations for leader sayings, but any foreign character is showing up as &#nnnn; (nnnn being some number). Please help! :/ Screenshot_42.png

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I think those are Unicode characters that aren't being rendered properly. What browser do you use? Can you reconfigure it to support Unicode?

3. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Just in case this helps anyone I have the same for the old smilies in old posts...

4. DanyKreep

DanyKreep Chieftain

I use Chrome, but the problem persists if I go to any other browser type. I've only ever had problems with this website, and regularly read and use non-standard symbols on other websites. I found a bodge where I go to Google translate and set it to English - English and copy-paste what I want to read, but this is a little annoying since I have to do it every time, and there's also a 5000 character limit.

5. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

6. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Posts with special characters made before the switch to xenformo did not have their special characters carry over on the server; they became a unicode mess. The move happened a little more than a year ago; check the time when the post happened.