Charlamange

A1CBOZ

Prince
Is it just me or is Charlamange really aggressive but only when he gets his UU? I've been attacked twice now by him, but only shortly after he discovered engineering. Is this common or just coincidence?

Not surprising. I thought Better AI means that the AIs will declare war more easily when they have their UUs.

Is it just me or is Charlamange really aggressive but only when he gets his UU? I've been attacked twice now by him, but only shortly after he discovered engineering. Is this common or just coincidence?

He's bizarre to say the least. He attacked me when I was the only fellow Christian. He had the holy city and was "pleased".

I wasn't even playing a difficult level, just noble.

He also attacked me well before he had Landsknechts. I had like 5 more cities than him and a much bigger military. He didn't even come close to taking any of my cities.

So I converted to Judaism and left him as the only Christian. :)

maybe he is the new Zulu from previous civs.

I had only one game with a Charlemagne AI and he was a loyal ally, but I was shocked how early he had his UB and UU (and the he attacked Louis).

Charlamange goes pleased to annoyed to pleased to war to friendly...

Ganglamish or what ever hates... and hates and hates.

I've never been the same religion as Charlie, so if he's close he ends up dead and if he isn't he normally attacks Shaka or Monty and ends up dead.

Charlemagne, or "Charlie" as I like to call him, is a vile back stabber! :lol: He launched an attack upon me even though we shared the same religion and we were on "friendly" terms for many many turms! Maybe it had something to do with my Dutch city planted on his continent pushing back his borders? :lol: Still, I had expected a warning, maybe a diplomatic screen appearance with some caustic remarks about my colonial aggressiveness or something. But nope. Not a word - all smiles and then suddenly a charge of trebuchets, macemen and landsknechts!

He's bizarre to say the least. He attacked me when I was the only fellow Christian. He had the holy city and was "pleased".

I wasn't even playing a difficult level, just noble.

He also attacked me well before he had Landsknechts. I had like 5 more cities than him and a much bigger military. He didn't even come close to taking any of my cities.

So I converted to Judaism and left him as the only Christian. :)

That seems like odd behavior especially if you had the stronger military. Maybe he had no room to expand or you had some resources he wanted. Or maybe he's just a nut.

I did an OCC and Charlemagne surrounded me, we were both founders of the two main world religions. I was Saladin with islam he was with christianity. :)
He didn't declare war on me once the whole game.

I played my first game as Charlemagne and I was the evil backstabber :)

I knew I need more land and cities and Sitting Bull was just across an island. Despite being friendly I attacked and took 4 or 5 cities before the UN shut me down. After almost wiping out the Incas and making him my vassal, I'm back finishing Sitting Bull off.

Top Bottom