1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Charle88's LH gallery

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Wonderblunder, Jan 2, 2010.

1. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Wolwerine with glasses?

2. Wonderblunder

Wonderblunder Part Time Monster in the Closet

You can't see the image?

No, but I never would have thought that he looked sort of like the Wolverine. So no suggestions for the arms?

3. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

No, i meant i can't see, who it should be.
    But he's looking interesting, a bit like a steampunk character.

4. Wonderblunder

Thanks, he is meant to look a little steampunk. As for who he should be, you could say I'm making another generic leaderhead like I did for Colonization.

5. steadyneddy

steadyneddy Chieftain

Hi, I am very new to modding. I just downloaded Grand Moff Tarkin a few days ago, and I tried to get him into the game, but he isn't working. Whenever, I look him up in the civilopedia, it shows his stats, text entry, and button. It even shows him in front of the death star table moving, however, he is all black. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get him to show his skin and uniform colors. I think I have the shader(s) wrong, but I don't know. I have been looking at anything on the website that I could think of that might help, but I don't see anyone with the same problem. Maybe, if you could tell me which files I should be using for each tag, that would fix it?

thanks

6. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I'm just guessing here, but I could imagine that your system is rather old, but not necessarily too old for civ4. Also, it could be that charle provided only one nif or two nifs that are the same. Normally, there should be an xyz.nif and an xyz_no(n)shader(ed).nif. The first one is meant to be used as shadered nif (see leaderheads artdef xml), the latter is meant for what it says. I believe shadered nifs can also be used as nonshadered nif, but the leaderhead maker needs to take care for setting it up properly. If there is no unshadered nif provided (haven't checked it, sorry), then it could be that the shadered version isn't properly set up. Turning on shaders might be possible via driver settings or special graphics card tools, but not worth doing it as it would decrease performance (slow down everything in the game).

You could work on the nif - see ekmeks guide in the tutorials section to get a clue. If my guesses above are correct, you'd mosty probably have to work on the materials and / or lights. That's not hard, but can be time consuming. Sceneviewer - which is part of a nif plugin for 3dsmax, but standalone - would be pretty comfortable here as you don't need to start the game everytime to check the lh - which is pretty important if you have a weaker machine. You'd have to nifswap the lights and the meshes you'd have changed at the end to not mess up the nif (again, check ekmeks guide to see what nifswapping is) - this should be done via nifskope. Unfortunately, sceneviewer doesn'T work for every user. Alternatively, you could of course see if charle will fix the problem for you.

EDIT: To summarize it up: xml work won't solve the problem, you'd have to edit the nif itself.

7. steadyneddy

steadyneddy Chieftain

Problem Solved!!!

I was just thinking, "I successfully got Emperor into the game, why isn't Tarkin working?". Then I realized that Emperor was causing Tarkin to fail. I am so stupid, that I forgot to make Emperor a separate folder, so he was messing up Tarkin. As soon as I gave him his own folder, everything worked.

Thanks for the help and suggestions. I just downloaded ekmek's guide and I look forward to trying to make some Leaderheads of my own.

8. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Hey Charle!
    Long time no see, what's up lately?
    I might use your Haakon IV in RFC Europe
    Do you have a button for him somewhere?

9. Wonderblunder

Long time no see either! I've been busy, so I haven't been able to visit Civfanatics for a while.

Glad you like him! No, I never made a button for him, sorry about that. If you want, I can make one for you.

10. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Yeah a button would be great!
    Thanks charle :)

EDIT: I was also thinking of using a modified version of your Eric IX as Barbarossa
    Could you recolor his hair and beard (and maybe some of the clothes too) accordingly?
    Not thinking about huge texture changes, so this isn't be too much work I hope

EDIT2: I'm also concerned about another thing: The size of your LHs is pretty big. More than 15 megabytes both for Haakon and Eric
    Can you check if there are some unneeded textures, files? For example the bmp files for Eric seems unused to me...
    And maybe we should also reduce the size of the used texture files

11. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Hey Charle!
    I had some time today and made my first few buttons, including Haakon ;)
    Made 2 versions, I post them here if you want to include it in the dl

PS: Any chance that you will have some time to recolour Eric's hair and beard?

Attached Files:

12. Wonderblunder

I'll gladly accept them.

Just to clarify, is that ALL you need me to do with the Eric model, just retexture the hair?

13. veBear

Just thought I should notice you. I'll be doing a quick reskin of the Greek Queen to be queen Teuta of the Illyrians :)

14. Wonderblunder

No problem, I can't wait to see the finished product.:D

15. veBear

I finished it, though the result is not as good as I hoped. Couldn't manage to shader it, so I guess I'll leave that to someone a bit more professional than me :)

16. RenaissanceFan

RenaissanceFan Warlord

Do you mind if I make a few changes on your Haakon leaderhead?

17. veBear

I'm sure he don't mind as long as you mention him in the Credits if you are creating something for the community ;)