Charle88's LH gallery

Thanks, it won't be too late at all :)
But I hope u mean Haakon Haakonsson, like veBear. I still don't know who is Harald Haraldson :D

Sorry I meant Haakonsson, I'll make him after Erich.:) Can either you or Vebear post paintings of him in this thread? When I look on google I don't find much about him(image-wise).

Sorry I meant Haakonsson, I'll make him after Erich.:) Can either you or Vebear post paintings of him in this thread? When I look on google I don't find much about him(image-wise).

I do not think you will find many reliable pictures of him (exept the one when he is carried over the montains as a baby by two Birkebeiners). But i could make a drawing of how i think a norwegian king would look like at that time and scan it, then you could use that as a base.

And AbsintheRed. I just got the perfect norwegian UU idea. Birkebeiner! These guys play an important role of the country's history, killing Saint Olaf at the battle of stiklestad AND carrying Håkonson over the Montaines + more. These people were light and fierce, so maybe a movement bonus (just like the french musketeer) would fit them well.

A drwing would be helpful vebear. I'll also make another LH of Erik IX of Sweden based on this image.

EDIT:Here is Erick so far.

Any suggestions? I've already made a few for myself, they are:
  • Make forehead bigger
  • Make the buttons bigger
  • Work on the texture
  • Add the Iron Cross (I'll use Bismark's and retexture it)

That's really good Charle88! :eek:

But don't get anxious to release it and put it out too early. The changes you have suggested are fantastic, they will certainly make the LH look better. I have a couple of suggestions of my own though.

1) His ears need to be smaller/shorter.

2) I think you should use Bismark's collar instead of the one you are using now, if you are using Bismarck's collar it needs to be retextured because it looks pretty out of place compared to the high quality on the rest of the model.

3) His nose appears to be pointing down too much on the model, especially compared to the photograph. Either lessen the amount it goes down beneath the nostrils, or point the nose forward, either way should work, I'm not sure what this guy looks like from the side though, so I don't know how his nose actually looks.

Other than those things it looks really awesome, don't forget to add that stripe underneath the second button from the top. I can't wait to see this finished.

EDIT: Save that blend before you edit it too!!! With a few modifications (and some new clothes) he could easily be turned into a good Andranik for Armenia.

Thanks for the Suggestions! I almost forgot about the stripe and ears. Do you want me to post the blend for you to make after I finish this LH?

Thanks for the Suggestions! I almost forgot about the stripe and ears. Do you want me to post the blend for you to make after I finish this LH?

No. Post the CURRENT blend before you make any changes, I can make an Andranik out of it eventually, but leave it as-is.

I did not find decent pictures of him either.
These are the only ones, but they are not too useful. Maximum good for start
Actually the second would be really good, it is a Lorenz Frølich illustration for Andreas Munch' poem, "The king's daughter's bridal precision"
Just it's quality is bad, and i didn't find a better one :(

I did not find decent pictures of him either.
These are the only ones, but they are not too useful. Maximum good for start
Actually the second would be really good, it is a Lorenz Frølich illustration for Andreas Munch' poem, "The king's daughter's bridal precision"
Just it's quality is bad, and i didn't find a better one :(

I could draw him somewhat based on that second picture.

Capo,
Two blend files without textures are attached to this post. (It uses Stalin,Ekmek's Fremont, and julius caesar textures)

AbsintheRed,
Thanks, I'll wait for veBear to make that drawing based on the second one.

Vebear,

I drawing would be helpful.

Attachments

• Blend.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 136
Thanks, don't expect anything from that for a while. I just collect as much stuff as I can, you never know when you are going to need something. Ask VeBear, I have a bunch of his old WIPs, even he doesn't have them anymore! :lol:

You know this issue with Haakonsson may be a blessing in disguise, when there isn't much material to go on it gives you a lot more room to make him look however you want, you should just base him on other leaders of the time. What I like to do is get images from soldiers of the era/region to get an idea of what they dressed like, and then mold that into a leader.

I really didn't think of Haakonsson as a golden opportunity until you pointed that out. I'll probably base it off of veBear's drawing (whenever he makes it) and also take your advice and add a few extra things. Also, here is Version 2 of Erich.

So far I've made the forehead larger, the ears smaller, and the buttons larger. I'll be working on the texture and nose soon.

Alright, I've finally got the LH in-game. But, there's a problem with the Eyelids in the furious animation.

Ouch that's rough! And it looks like the top of the head isn't properly fitted. Did you forget to take a look at this LH in side view? You may have accidentally moved the vertices on the eye-lids forward without noticing (since you wouldn't be able to tell from the front if they were moved forward) and it seems you would have noticed the hair not fitting properly from side view as well. If you want to post the latest blend you have here I can take a look at it for you.

Here is a colored image for the texture by the way, not sure if you saw this.

Here are the nif files. (You'll have to look at those, since I've deleted the Blend files) After seeing this I've attempted fixing the hair. You'll notice that the eyelids are not sticking out. (I have looked at both sides of the LH before and after this)

EDIT:Thanks for the pic.

Attachments

• Stalin.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 161
Here are the nif files. (You'll have to look at those, since I've deleted the Blend files) After seeing this I've attempted fixing the hair. You'll notice that the eyelids are not sticking out. (I have looked at both sides of the LH before and after this)

EDIT:Thanks for the pic.

Hmm, I'll take a look at this for you. The only other possibility I could think of is that those vertices may be rigged to another bone (like the torso or something like that) but I don't know how that could have happened. We'll see if I can come up with anything here. If not you should take Nitram's suggestion and ask the gods... and by the gods I mean Ekmek.

It might be rigged to another bone. I've noticed that sometimes Blender seems to rig vertices to bones by itself when I try to rig nearby vertices to another bone.

EDIT:For example, I rig the bicep to the bicep bone, and somehow the hand becomes rigged to that bone too when I didn't even select the hand.

Nitram, I probably will if The Capo can't find a reason.

Top Bottom