Charle88's LH gallery

Alright, I need to decide on a small detail for Haakon. Do you think I should add a medieval helmet (Ragnar's) for him, or should I just leave him hatless? I'm about 70% done with him, I just need to create a background, add eyes, and test him ingame.

Ragnar's helmet has those side-flaps which would mess up his hair. I'd go with no helmet, a heavily-edited Ragnar helmet, or a retextured and plumeless Hannibal helmet.

Ragnar's helmet has those side-flaps which would mess up his hair. I'd go with no helmet, a heavily-edited Ragnar helmet, or a retextured and plumeless Hannibal helmet.

This might sound difficult, but here is what you should do. Take Ragnar's helmet, remove the flaps and the trim (both round the brim, and around the top), then take the trim from Charlemagne's crown and replace the trim you removed from Ragnar's with that (both around the bottom and crossing over the top. It will look unique, and really cool. If that doesn't make sense let me know.

This might sound difficult, but here is what you should do. Take Ragnar's helmet, remove the flaps and the trim (both round the brim, and around the top), then take the trim from Charlemagne's crown and replace the trim you removed from Ragnar's with that (both around the bottom and crossing over the top. It will look unique, and really cool. If that doesn't make sense let me know.

Thanks, I think I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll try Vrenir's idea with Hannibals helmet.

Alright, I've experimented with a few forms and deided to use this as the helmet. I'll work on the texture, the nose-guard, and add the crown soon. Then I will start changing the helmet a little so it will fit Haakonsons head better. Hopefully I can finish Haakonson at the end of this week.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 87
I can happily say that Haakon is 85% complete. Now I think I can say that it's getting harder to tell that I based Haakon on Peter.(Though the Background is still a dead give away) Here are two screenshots of him in-game so far. As you can see, I added the eyes finally.;)
Haakon.jpg

Ekmek-I really didn't think of making the nose guard square, though I'm pretty satisfied about the current one.

EDIT:What background should I use for him?

Maybe the helmet is still a little big, and it's way too down IMO. You should move upwards at least a little bit...

Otherwise it starts to look good, and now he isn't resembles me Peter at all ;)

:eek: that's peter? I thought it was hannibal!

Hehe, if something than this definetly means you are on a very good road with this LH, Charle ;)

Alright, I'll move the helmet up and make a slightly smaller.

Ekmek-thanks. For me, that's a big compliment, since I'm trying to make him not look like Peter.:D

EDIT:Here is a revised Haakon with the smaller and higher helmet.

Attachments

• Haakon2.jpg
    Haakon2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 135
Ekmek-Yes, that is with shaders. For some reason, the LH still looks the same before I shaded him.:confused: Also, noob question, but what exactly do you mean by clone brushing?

Capo-Thanks for pointing that out. It seems I've forgotten to add them after changing the helmet. I'll get started on that.

Sorry for the temporary absence, but I've given Haakon a new background ansd I'm in the middle of add the bolts and shaders. The bolts are a little small, but they are a WIP, so I will change that.

Attachments

• Bolts.jpg
    Bolts.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 91
I don't think the bolts need to be bigger

Is helmet shadered? You should try something making metal looking. Put "gold_env.dds" as ENV file, then open it with GIMP, go to Picture -> Mode -> and select the one between RGB and Indexed. Then everything will grey. then switch back to RGB mode, and save "gold_env.dds".

Thanks Nitram, I'll try it out.

EDIT:About the upcoming Civ 5 game, I hear the Leaders of the civs will actually SPEAK. Makes me wonder if that will make it more difficult making LHs for modders. (it will for me)

Top Bottom