Charles de Gaulle in BTS!

Grenouille

Warlord

Attachments

• head.JPG
    head.JPG
    7.5 KB · Views: 208
i thought that too but people say it's from railroads! and the pic appears in every page in that site

I think you're #4 who mentions this, but a lot of people think that he is on the page, because of Sid Meiers Railroads (where he appears to be in).

Oh, hehe. Too bad. I was hoping for the ultimate WW2 scenario featuring him..

Well, if they DID add de Gaulle, considering that we already have FDR, Stalin, and Churchill, they'd almost have to add Hitler, too. :/

Well, if they DID add de Gaulle, considering that we already have FDR, Stalin, and Churchill, they'd almost have to add Hitler, too. :/

I don't think they have.. if they do a WW2 scenario that is only playable from the allied side, there's no need for a Hitler LH, as you will never do diplomacy with him.

I don't think they have.. if they do a WW2 scenario that is only playable from the allied side, there's no need for a Hitler LH, as you will never do diplomacy with him.
They'd need something for the diplomacy page leader head icon, though, would they not? ;)

They won't add Hitler, get over it. They don't add leaders who lead thier civ into disasterous wars that end with thier entire civilization split up and subjugated by other civs.

Du Galle wasn't really considered a great leader either, was he?

firaxis could make nazi like barbarian

Are German Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains allowed to use the swastika for the standard religious purposes?
Hm... I dunno about that. Thats interesting... but I doubt theres many German Hindu, Buddhists and especially Jains.

Yikes :eek:, really? Even just in a video game? I guess maybe they'll have to go for the maltese cross then:

It's not allowed to use swastikas or the Hitler salute or outlawed Nazi music in a video game. Wolfenstein 3d for example is outlawed in Germany for the use of "unconstitutional symbols": the swastika and the Horst Wessel nazi song.

Oh, and there was a scandal in Germany recently, when a judge sentenced a german antifascist demonstrator for wearing an anti nazi button with a crossed-out swastika. So, you can even get into trouble here if you use a swastika to show your antipathy to Nazism. Really silly.

Du Galle wasn't really considered a great leader either, was he?

De Gaulle was a great political and military leader. There's no doubt about it. Some historians even place him next to Churchill. The reason he is not in CivIV is probably related to the fact that he's not that well known in the Anglo-saxon world. Still the guy did a lot, both as a military officer and as a head of state.

Here's what I remember from an history course I took a few years ago:
- Prior to the WW2, it seems he warned some of his superiors (who based their strategies and tactics on WW1), saying that the "art" of war had changed and that France's military should adapt its strategies to the new technologies. It seems his warnings fell into deaf hears.
- During the occupation by Nazi Germany, he rallied most of France's colonies, delt with the other Allies and helped the resistance in France. Many consider his action during WW2 as heroic. He was the leader France rallied to when the country was on its knees.
- After the war, he was able to maintain France's relevance as a power on the world stage, even though the country had just been crushed by the Nazis.
- He's the founder of the Fifth Republic, which is France's actual political regime. Even though it's far from perfect, many would say it is the most successful regime since the French Revolution of 1789.
- He was president during a period of prosperous economic, cultural and intellectual expansion for France (One could easily see it as a Golden Age).
- He managed to give independance to France's colonies (Politically this was very hard to do), while keeping France's sphere of influence in these regions. These sphere of influence still exist today. They are not as strong, though.

Actually, many would argue that he did much more for France than Louis XIV ever did.

I'm not French, Btw. I'm Canadian.

This is really the first time I've ever heard of him and I know quite a bit about WWII. Of course I had heard of free France and the French resistance, but I can't see how he can get in over William Lyon Mackenzie King who didn't lead a nation that despite having an equal army to Germany still lost in a week. While your at it why not put in the Polish leader at least they fought on even when they saw that the war was lost. Charles was also in power when France became a nuclear power was he not? France does not deserve a spot on the world stage with their spotty military record and abysmal peace keeping abilities. As for Hitler not getting a spot because he led his nation into ruin is bs as well because what the hell did you think Napoleon did? Hitler won't get in because a lot of people would find his inclusion into the game offensive. Imagine Hitler founding Judaism anyways. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom