Chat w Consular Ren

GaryNemo

Settler from None
GaryNemo (8:12 AM) : Herr Ren, your ICQ icon is blinking!
Ren (8:12 AM) : My wha?
GaryNemo (8:13 AM) :
Something on my screen, and I heard a knock knock knock.
Ren (8:15 AM) :
back, now what icon? :crazyeye: sure I got the time
GaryNemo (8:22 AM) :
I need to post a poll. You good guys are sticking me with all of this work. Can we chat about it a minute now? Where are you?
Ren (8:22 AM) : Au
GaryNemo (8:24 AM) :
I'm thinking another Multi-poll. First issue is M2, or Road on Plains M2, or Road on Pure Green then M2. Sound good so far? My Zone in EST DST, which is GMT-5
GaryNemo (8:25 AM) :
Second issue in the thorny complicated problem. Have you downloaded and studied it, the soon-to-be TFalls Settler, maybe still born and disbanded by the computer?
GaryNemo (8:26 AM) :
Third issue is MonkE's plan to accelerate into Monarchy. Yes, Do it, No, max Production, or I have studied it and doubt it will work as planned.
Ren (8:27 AM) : hang on, no i haven't but i will now
Ren (8:27 AM) : last save is b1400, right?
GaryNemo (8:27 AM) :
Civ1 is driving us with a whip -- because he want's to achieve Monarchy during his Term, which means after his Saturday moves.... Thankx, Yes b1400. TFalls, assuming we rehome one Legion into Dellham. Brb.
Ren (8:28 AM) : ok
GaryNemo (8:35 AM) :
You are thinking, I assume. Btw, have you voted in the Science Poll. I voted for Trade, it improves our flexibility in building "which wonder where"... Glad you're studying TFalls -- I do not want a new Settler disbanded, or anything disbanded by the computer for that matter. I fear that in this case...
Ren (8:36 AM) : You said brb, so i've been waiting.
GaryNemo (8:36 AM) : Yes, I'm relaxed now. Can you see the conversation record?
Ren (8:37 AM) :
Yes, Trillian has all the messages listed in the one box :)
GaryNemo (8:37 AM) : So, are you comfortable about TFalls?
Ren (8:38 AM) :
Do you mean sending the warrior to Elysium for "conversion" ?
Ren (8:39 AM) :
As for Science, I think I'll be going with Philosophy, if we get to it first (?) then we get a free tech, with any luck Trade will be available.
GaryNemo (8:39 AM) :
Yes, is converting the Warrior necessary? I think in my post, I figured that was necessay. Now I'm not sure it is necessary. Assume we rehome the one Legion to Dellham, that has been polled. Also, that the Little Nemo disbands into Elysium Colossus. That has been polled.
Ren (8:40 AM) :
What do you mean 'Little Nemo disbands'? are you saying pick the town up into settlers and disband that into the Colossus?
GaryNemo (8:40 AM) :
I just loaded the game. There is a LN Warrior 1 square from Elysium. It disbands into Elysium Colossus. We keep my city!
Ren (8:42 AM) : Yep :)
GaryNemo (8:42 AM) :
TFalls is now supporting 3, and a Settler is nearly complete. First, we rehome the Legion into Dellham, so now it supports 2. Then the Settler = 3 support, and it cuts down to size 1. Problem? or will that be ok?
Ren (8:43 AM) : I don't see a problem, what is planned for the settler?
GaryNemo (8:44 AM) : The Settler will dash to the 2Whales site. TFalls will be choked for 6 turns, which is ok by me.
Ren (8:46 AM) :
Ok, here's my plan for Science: We go for Philosophy. Research Mysticism next, then Literacy, then IIRC a waste tech needs to be researched, so Currency. After that Philosophy is available, we research that then Trade is free. I can't see us making it first to Philisophy though :(
Ren (8:47 AM) : Yes 6 turns is nothing to me
GaryNemo (8:47 AM) :
Well, I'm glad you can foresee all of that. You might post that plan in the Science poll. I'm voting for Trade, out of ignorance, and the flexibility it gives us. We may be generating much more science than the AI, btw.
GaryNemo (8:47 AM) :
So here is what we agree on TFalls. When the Settler is built, TFalls will have 3 units, and 2 shields. One unit is free, and the other two shields support the Settler and 3rd unit. Right?
Ren (8:49 AM) :
That's right, after the warrior is disbanded of course.
Ren (8:49 AM) :
but 1 worker can always be moved to forest, though this would cause 1 hunger
GaryNemo (8:50 AM) :
The warrior is Little Nemo. I am talking TFalls. 1 hunger is ok for about 12 turns, not a problem.
GaryNemo (8:51 AM) :
Since you're not worried, I feel better. Someone else has studied it. On to the poll...
GaryNemo (8:51 AM) :
First issue, Marl Downs Settler. See above...
Ren (8:51 AM) :
doh, you're right about the warrior. The Tfalls question comes down to whether hunger is worth sacrificing for 1 production shield per turn.
GaryNemo (8:52 AM) :
Yes, 1 shield or 1 hunger. I really don't care either way.
Ren (8:52 AM) :
I don't think it is, though we could change back part way.
GaryNemo (8:52 AM) :
Poll issue 2, ratifying our decision here about TFalls Settler support.
Ren (8:53 AM) :
No, it's 1 shield AND 1 hunger, or 0 shield and 0 hunger..
GaryNemo (8:54 AM) : Yes, what you said.
Third issue is MonkE's plan to accelerate into Monarchy.
Fourth issue is ... RC to build Dips, or start Colossus right now! Conflicts with RC Build Q poll, but I don't care. RC Colossus is the big long-term decision.
Ren (8:55 AM) : Isn't Colossus planned for Elysium?
GaryNemo (8:55 AM) :
Yes, but some people wonder, wouldn't it be MUCH better combined with HG? We could always build Marco Polo in Elysium... RC builds faster.
GaryNemo (8:56 AM) :
I, like our populace, consider everything up in the air, except immediate decisions our president needs to implement in the next turn.
GaryNemo (8:57 AM) :
So you see, a vote for GaryNemo is a vote for chaos!
Ren (8:57 AM) :
Elysium does have a 60 shield head start, and is it really worth the worry for something that will only last until Railroad?
GaryNemo (8:58 AM) :
I have done very well in several Gotm games without ever building RR. HG is extremely powerful, we can celebrate up to 50,000,000 pop before RR.
Ren (8:59 AM) :
True, but I am only talking about the benefits to the SSC of having the Gardens. Is it worth changing (and waiting longer?) Colossus to RC for an effect that only lasts until RR is discovered?
GaryNemo (9:00 AM) :
Well, I understand there is some very good analysis ratifying the idea that Elysium is the better SSC, by I guess 96 Science per turn! Anything to add to my poll ideas?
Ren (9:01 AM) :
What improvements have you added to come up with that?
Ren (9:02 AM) : The SSC number I mean
GaryNemo (9:02 AM) : The SSC Calculations are in a recent post, this turn or last turn.
GaryNemo (9:04 AM) : It's not this turn 1400, must be the prior one. The poll ideas are stated above. Civ1 will want poll results today, so he can move tomorrow morning. 4 final issues, stated above. Any ideas?
Ren (9:04 AM) :
Ok, and what are your plans for the next poll? I've had a look back, what is M2? What makes you think the TF settler will be disbanded?
GaryNemo (9:04 AM) :
M2 is in the new City Plan graphic. If you haven't seen it, look now.
Ren (9:05 AM) : Ok, I'm looking at it, have been for a while
GaryNemo (9:05 AM) :
We just decided the TFalls Settler will not be disbanded. I'm going to poll anyway, so people realize it's a complicated decision.
Ren (9:05 AM) :
What's the deal with the J sites? If you're after that fish then I'd suggest going to the next island over there
GaryNemo (9:06 AM) :
We are only deciding on M2, which Mordheim and MonkE have both preferred. Otherwise, there has been no dialog yet on this. Yes we must decide today. The J sites were mentioned by Jayne, in her zeal to war with the Indians.
Ren (9:07 AM) :
Ok, well yes M2 looks like a great spot to me, and close to the settler too..
GaryNemo (9:08 AM) :
So the poll is, build a road, here, there, or no road, then found city. Or Other, "There is a much better immediate site than M2" Lol!
Ren (9:09 AM) : Sounds good to Ren
GaryNemo (9:10 AM) :
Consular Ren, may I post a (slightly edited) version of this script, so people can review our logic? I think it would be informative.
Ren (9:11 AM) : Sure, go ahead
GaryNemo (9:11 AM) :
Thank you. It's been a pleasure chatting, and I look forward to your help now and then if I am reelected. Good night, and maybe we can play MP some time soon. Look for me on ICQ, then Send!

Top Bottom