1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chateau Wonder Bonus

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by j3w3l, Nov 11, 2016.

1. j3w3l

j3w3l Chieftain

With France the chateau improvement gets plus two culture from being next to a wonder. Mostly this seems to work but I've found the bonus doesn't apply with Hanging Gardens. Wondering if there are any other wonders where it isn't working.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Can you post a save file?

3. j3w3l

j3w3l Chieftain

save file - hanging gardens is next to paris

Attached Files:

4. Browd

Quite odd. The chateau in question (next to Hanging Gardens) should be yielding +3 culture, but is only yielding +1. When Forbidden Palace completes, the chateau next to that wonder does provide +3 culture.

The only variable in play is that you are also building Bolshoi Palace next to the first chateau (the one next to Hanging Gardens). To test whether Hanging Gardens was the bug, or if perhaps "adjacent wonders under construction" might be the source of the problem, I did three things.
    • First, I removed the pasture, harvested the cattle and built a chateau on the tile across the river from Hanging Gardens -- that chateau (like the existing chateau next to Hanging Gardens and the Bolshoi build site) just yielded 1 culture.

• Second, I delayed completing Forbidden Palace until I had built a chateau on the riverside woods tile that is adjacent to Hanging Gardens and the Forbidden Palace build site. As long as Forbidden Palace is incomplete, it yields just 1 culture, like the chateau I built in step 1 and the existing chateau on the other side of the Forbidden Palace site. But once Forbidden Palace is completed, the two chateaus next to Forbidden Palace both yield +3 culture.

• Finally, I completed Bolshoi Theater, whereupon the first chateau (the one next to both Hanging Gardens and Bolshoi Theater) provided the expected +3 culture. But the chateau I built on the former cattle tile across from Hanging Gardens never yields more than 1 culture.
    Conclusion: "Wonders under construction" is not the source of the bug, but for some reason none of the chateaus are "recognizing" Hanging Gardens as an "eligible" wonder for the chateau adjacency bonus.

5. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    I am having this problem consistently with EVERY wonder. I NEVER receive more than +1 culture for a Chateau. Is anyone else experiencing this? Did Firaxis "fix" something to make it worse again?

:crazyeye:

6. Browd

Can you post a save file?

7. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    So, I see the Winter Update has addressed this and increased the culture for Chateaus.