Cheating in Game of the Week?! Already?!!?

Doomday

Chieftain
Hey all,

Well, after waiting ages for CivRev to come out, I purchased a copy mainly for the GOTW feature. I tend to only have one evening a week to play games so I thought this would be an awesome weekly challenge for myself.

After clocking the release day GOTW (Emperor) and last Sundays (Deity) I then found on the leaderboard list tons of people who haven't used the GOTW civilization!? How is this possible? I thought the point of the GOTW was to give everyone an equal start and an equal footing of competition?

Can somebody explain to me what the h*ll is the point of the GOTW if everyone gets to pick different civs? I might as well just have gone in as Zulus for the last one and domination victory'd everyone :(

Cheers,

-Doomzday_UK

how do you see what civilization they used to achieve the ranking? or are you just new to xbox 360 and confusing the gamer card 'recent achievements' with what they played in their last game?

there have been 2 gotw already, brits and romans. And the scoreboard doesn't reset for each gotw.

are you sure? because this monday after the roman gotw got released the score boards were blank on my xbox.

I thought the point of the GOTW was to give everyone an equal start and an equal footing of competition?

I thought the same. It is odd that people can pick different Civilizations. Perhaps they will fix it an update or patch.

Maybe they reset it after I looked, because there was a point I was looking at the leaderboard and it showed both Roman and Brit civs.

is this on the ps3 boards? because I can't see what civ people have played with on the xbox gotw board.

isn't it obvious? the scoreboard never resets each week, so the best win on any of the games is considered the best!

I did some trolling through the leader board. In the top 40 or so, the scores reflect the current game of the week. Go beyond 150, and you do see some scores from the previous week. Even scores that are the same, say 1280AD. There's 3, two from this week and one from the prior.
Doesn't quite make sense. I can only assume it updates when people put the game in and update to the server. If they never play again it doesn't update. We'll see next week. As soon as it resets, check it out, then again a day or two later.

No, your just seeing older scores from the previous weeks play. I don't know why this info doesn't update at the lower end score range. But if these players don't pop Civ rev in, it stays there. You could probably ask at 2Kgames, just don't hold your breathe to get an answer.

Top Bottom