Cheating in Multiplayer? (East vs West Map)

civguy43

Chieftain
Hello all, I have played a ton of civilization in my life and a ton of it online multiplayer. My favorite multiplayer game types is teams, east vs west (it seems pretty balanced, the team aspect can be quite fun, and the games don't last as long as FFA games do. Additionally even if someone leaves you can still win with an AI).

My question is about hacking the map. On rare occasions (2 times) sometimes I look over at my opponents side of the map and there is an inland ocean. Now I have seen this map hundreds of times in single player (testing build orders) and I have never seen an inland ocean. I am almost 100% positive the game code script does not allow any inland oceans, so a large inland ocean is extremely suspicious. (east vs west has a narrow ocean channel in the middle and sometimes there is ocean on the corners and edges, but never ever is there a large inland ocean).

I just wanted some confirmation about this. Are my opponents hacking? or is there a .0001% chance of inland ocean, that has never been on my side of the map in literally hundreds (approaching a thousand) map generations.

The obvious benefits for said ocean are cargo ships for your capital without any threat of the enemy pillaging them, in addition you can stop a significant amount of barb spawns if you can place oceans.

Lastly one of the guys who I suspect build an ocean started out with 2 initial salt, ofc this is not proof of cheating, but it seems suspect combined with the miraculous ocean in the middle of the east vs west map.

TLDR: I suspect people of spawning oceans in Multiplayer games. is this possible?

inland oceans are somthing that can happen on west vs east
but they give the player having it less land to settle

and no no one is cheating

Top Bottom