Cheating too much got backfire...

Infantry#14

Emperor
I tried out the mod that gives you 25 tiles radius. What the heck, I play one settlement challenge and worldbuilder by giving my initial settlement a resource on all 25 tiles. At the end, I was overproducing the manufacturing goods and have a pop of 54. It turns out that with too much of a good thing can lead to a predicament. With 54 people in the city, the 3 liberty guys with all the newspapers upgrade couldnt cause a riot. When I checked the rebel sentiment using F3, the meter actually decreased! :cry: Shoot, I built up an army of dragoons for nothing: most of my people were still loyal to the :king:.

I tried out the mod that gives you 25 tiles radius. What the heck, I play one settlement challenge and worldbuilder by giving my initial settlement a resource on all 25 tiles. At the end, I was overproducing the manufacturing goods and have a pop of 54. It turns out that with too much of a good thing can lead to a predicament. With 54 people in the city, the 3 liberty guys with all the newspapers upgrade couldnt cause a riot. When I checked the rebel sentiment using F3, the meter actually decreased! :cry: Shoot, I built up an army of dragoons for nothing: most of my people were still loyal to the :king:.

Why not "cheating" al little bit more?
- just increase the working slots for the city buildings in the xml files
- upgrade your elder statesmen to noble men using worldbuilder (you may "pay" for it by putting galons full of wapons or even better gold end delete them in exchange for the noble men)

But you are right, the 2 plots city radius mod effects gameplay, so you have to balance out the other aspects of the game to use this one in a balanced way.

Interesting idea. I'm not a programmer so I dont know how to edit changes in the xml files. I think increasing the slot to 5 ppl per building should be doable.

Interesting idea. I'm not a programmer so I dont know how to edit changes in the xml files. I think increasing the slot to 5 ppl per building should be doable.
Increasing the slots is easy:
go to /Mods/YOUR_MOD/Assets/XML/Buildings
open CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
(I suggest to use notepad++ or something like that
--> http://notepad-plus-plus.org
of course you can just use the normal notepad.exe of windows )

search for all entries of SPECIALBUILDING_BELLS
and edit the number inside <iMaxWorkers>0</iMAxWorkers>
for possible ammount of workers

If You think about efficiency:
You can edit the number inside <iProfessionOutput>0</iProfessionOutput>
for how many bells should be produced

I would suggest to increase these numbers reasonable per building upgrade, but that's up to You ;)

This might help You to reach revolutionary grade in oversized cities.

To arms now, rebels! Liberty or death ;)

Top Bottom