Cheating

MadScotsMan

The Ruler of Cattle
To discuss how cheating in your sport is treated. For example: in rugby, some cheating is allowed. You can punch a guy if he is being a douch, or stomp on him as long as you are pushing in the ruck. You can also "gently rake" the ball out of a ruck. Of course that gentle rake is a matter of interpration :p. I have punched another guys ribs after he tackled me by my hair, and when he complained about the punch, the ref blew the whistle on him for an illegal tackle. So, how is cheating treated in your sport?

Suspensions.

we have that. Sin binned and red card. Sin binn is for dangerous play, while redcards are for being a total dick, like arguing with the ref

In NASCAR, points are docked and fines that have lately been around $100,000 are imposed, along with probation and a possible suspension of the crew chief if the cheat was that bad.

I college football you offer to squeal on another school that's also cheating, distracting the NCAA's woefully understaffed enforcement division . . .

In baseball, if it's discovered (such as pine tar), you're thrown out of the game and usually get handed a suspension of some games.

If it's something like steroids, you might be suspended around 27 years after retirement, give or take a decade.

Betting on baseball has equaled a ban for life, for as far as I know about (Pete Rose and 1919 Black Sox scandal).

In Basketball it all depends on what referee you have. Sometimes you get really crap referees who don't see anything, so it becomes a game where everyone grabs everyone elses shirts and pushes them, and whatever.

Most of the time in my basketball leagues the referees don't know what game we are playing.

Water polo is easier than rugby. rugby is second.

In many sports, DQ.

In others, loss of points

In team sports, penalty/lossofpossession/matchpenalty

In baseball, if it's discovered (such as pine tar), you're thrown out of the game and usually get handed a suspension of some games.

If it's something like steroids, you might be suspended around 27 years after retirement, give or take a decade.

Betting on baseball has equaled a ban for life, for as far as I know about (Pete Rose and 1919 Black Sox scandal).
However, some things are acceptable, such as stealing signs, setting up outside the catcher's box *coughjavylopezcough*, and earlier in the game's existence, something like that skipping third base.

However, some things are acceptable, such as stealing signs, setting up outside the catcher's box *coughjavylopezcough*, and earlier in the game's existence, something like that skipping third base.

True, but getting your signs stolen is just sloppiness, really, not changing the physics of the game like throwing a spitball would.

Everyone says they should enforce the rules on diving.

They never do.

It really spoils a lot of matches for me. A lot of players too. The whole world bangs on about how wonderful X is, all I see is a lying cheat.

A lot of players too. The whole world bangs on about how wonderful X is, all I see is a lying cheat.

X is really wonderful at cheating.

Top Bottom