Cheesemijit's Scenario Conversion Center

cheesemijit

Prince
I love scenario's, for me they make Civ4 alot more fun and are currently the only thing that keeps me playing BTS. however, RoM appears to have only 1 scenario!!! (Zappara's 1500 colonisation one)

I realised how upsetting this really is a while back, i mean, if i love scenario's, and i really love RoM, just how good would RoM scenario's be? so i laid back, made a few suggestions and hoped someone would take this responsibility, but sadly it seemed too much for just 1 man. however, tired of waiting I have decided to convert (sounds easier than it is) the greatest scenarios of BTS to RoM!

However, there are just so many great scenario's to choose from, as where i have time to lay down to do the work, i lack the ability to choose which scenario's would be best for RoM, this is where i hope you will help. please leave request for scenario's to convert, be aware though that each one depending on size takes a fairly long to to create and balance, especially as there are new religions, units, buildings, wonders, technolagies, imrovements (the list goes on) that have to differ from the map.

when you submit a request please link the scenario you want me to convert.

Here are some of my suggestions

MY!!! GEMAH 1400AD Alternate History Scenario on GEM (Atilla the Hun dies a childbirth and therefore the Huns never migrate into europe and so the WRE lives on, though significantly weaker due to its inevitable collapse)

200BC GEM

1500AD GEM

Possibly 1860 and 1940 GEM but they would only run at a bearable speed for 10% of users when tyaking RoM into account.

A New scenario at 275BC in europe, based around the roman empire.

About speed, you can always advertise Afforess' modmodpack since it has a good speed optimizations to users. It should reduce turn waiting time to about 50min to one minute or so in a late game era. Based on my experience with 18 civs map that was only 30 on average in 1500's (marathon speed).

I would have most scenario's require A.N.D anyway because of the Mountains ModMod, the Seafaring ModMod, the Speed Modmods as well as other cool features that i like. for some scenario's i might have to make specific Civilisation Packs so that the Megapack is not needed (way too many for most people and slows down RoM) but so i can still make them more dynamic. I may be making some request for new civs or certain UU's that would be optional to enhance some scenario's.

I would have most scenario's require A.N.D anyway because of the Mountains ModMod, the Seafaring ModMod, the Speed Modmods as well as other cool features that i like. for some scenario's i might have to make specific Civilisation Packs so that the Megapack is not needed (way too many for most people and slows down RoM) but so i can still make them more dynamic. I may be making some request for new civs or certain UU's that would be optional to enhance some scenario's.

Talk about civpack...
I want the original GEM in the PrivateMaps to be converted to have actual civilizations that match the names in there. Australia, Israel, Poland, and few others. I may do that personally later on as it is fairly easy to do. :)

first 1500 ad gem please it will be great work and lovely play for us

How goes the converting Cheesemijit?

GEM's 200BC would be amazing.

Good news indeed, glad to hear you're working on it.

I know nothing about converting scenario's but I've been having a look at the GEM 200BC scenario and I've opened up the WB file in Notepad and updated the Civics and Techs for all the civs but whenever I try to load the scenario, it loads but all the civs die instantly without even getting to see the map?

Any idea why that might be?

I can load it via the WB instead, but the scores on the score board are all 10,000 and I notice all the units are missing? It seems to CTD if I try to move on a turn too?

Scenario's store information on certain civs and recoures that arer taken from the xml, if they do not match; it will crash. to convert a scenario it really does need to be rebuilt from the bottom.

Damn, really thought I could cut some corners and get it done nice and quick!

Ah, well. I have started re-creating from scratch GEM 200BC for RoM 2.81 with New Dawn modmod. Might be a couple of weeks before it's done? Not sure how long this will take as I have never done anythign like this before!

Lets hope it works.

I have completed the conversion of GEM 200BC (thanks to being snowed in, I had time on my hands) and it all seems to work on my pc. I'm just awaiting the go ahead from Genghis Kai before I post it here for others to play it.

I'm sure there will be one or two things but I can't playtest it thoroughly on my own!

One problem I am having is Islam and Christianity both keep being founded in 180BC despite the founding civ's no having the required tech? Tried it with "Choose Religion" on and off, but no difference?

Not sure why this is happening?

One problem I am having is Islam and Christianity both keep being founded in 180BC despite the founding civ's no having the required tech? Tried it with "Choose Religion" on and off, but no difference?

Not sure why this is happening?

That happens when you start the game with technologies that found religions; even if you place them by hand, the game won't think they exist, so it'll found more, even if the usual tech isn't researched yet. It's just another one of those things that makes WorldBuilder my least favorite game editor. :)

It's also why I don't doo scenarios before around 700 AD (i.e, when Islam is founded and I can place all of the religions at once).

That happens when you start the game with technologies that found religions; even if you place them by hand, the game won't think they exist, so it'll found more, even if the usual tech isn't researched yet. It's just another one of those things that makes WorldBuilder my least favorite game editor. :)

It's also why I don't doo scenarios before around 700 AD (i.e, when Islam is founded and I can place all of the religions at once).

Yeah I kind of guessed that might be the case :( That along with unrealistic religion spread is really annoying me about civ at the minute. Can't seem to stop eastern religions popping up in Europe despite the civs having no contact with the east. Stupid, annoying religion spread!

Dont know if this will work, but cant you start the scenario with the first civ on the list, give yourself a missionary of each religion already in the game, and then found those religions by spreading it in a city? and then save the game as a scenario.

Top Bottom