Chichan Itza!

Awesome. Could you maybe shrink them down to about 640X480 so we can see the whole picture at once? I hate to think of dial-up users trying to load them, too.

My computer just blew up. Please make those smaller.

Really nice, the pics are huge! you might want to use thumbnails.
How come there is a chain across the stairs? you can't climb up Chichen Itza? :(

On a related note, i can't wait till this movie comes out..

OK I made them smaller and clicking them could get full pictures. Even the full picture shouldn't be too big (biggest is about 600KB) as I've made them low quality before uploading anyway. The reason that I uploaded the full size pictures is because they show the tru beauty of this ancient Mayan wonder.

There are also some pictures taken on the ball court (those Mayans really played bloody games - the loser captain was gonna behead the winner captain!)

Enjoy!

Thanks. Much better now. :goodjob:

I just noticed something I didn't see the first time. What's that structure in the pic at the top-right corner of the Chichen Itza? It's hard to make out after maximizing the pic. It also looks like someone's standing next to it up there, sort of... Any idea what that is?

Are you allowed to climb it, if so did you and is it tiring?

low said:
I just noticed something I didn't see the first time. What's that structure in the pic at the top-right corner of the Chichen Itza? It's hard to make out after maximizing the pic. It also looks like someone's standing next to it up there, sort of... Any idea what that is?

I think it's similar to those structures on top of Temple of Warrior. I'm attaching another picture from an easier angle to see them. I circled them in red. Click for better view.

@Bango: no you cannot climb it. If you look at the picture closely, you'll see the bottom of the stairs are blocked by rails.

Wonderful pictures!

Please check your inbox, microbe. I sent you a PM.

- Rep.

You didn't learn how to spell the name while you were there, then? :p

Has anyone else been anywhere and seen any of the other wonders. Here is mine of Hagia Sophia.

Attachments

• hagia Sophia.jpg
    hagia Sophia.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,365
I've been to the Statue of Liberty, but I don't have any pictures on the computer (this was before the days of digital cameras).

I've got a picture of me at the Colossus around here somewhere

The Chichen Itza pictures are so cool! I would love to go there and see that for myself. But it's too far so will have to make do with visiting neighbouring Europe...

Here is the Eiffel Tower (IMO blighted by a neon sign that lit up at night to celebrate the year 2000):

This is the Palace of Versailles - the weather was so awful that day I didn't hang around to take a better picture, I'm afraid!...

This is not a wonder but still related to the game, the Colosseum in Rome (on yet another grey day):

This concludes my short tour of France and Italy for the evening. ;)

Oops, I forgot to include Notre Dame in my French wonder photographs:

Top Bottom