1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Chieftan Fun

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Alex the Great, Mar 29, 2003.

?

Do you play Chieftan level for fun?

1. Yes, all the time

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Sometimes if I feel stupid

20 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. No, never will I do such a childish act

28 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. I've never made it past Chieftan

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Alex the Great

Alex the Great or maybe just semi-great

I want to know if any of the really experienced players (like whoever can win on Diety :eek: ) ever just play a game on Chieftan, or whether they think it is soooo boring. For me, I play warlord and play Chieftan sometimes for fun.

2. Greyhawk1

Greyhawk1 King

When I first got the game I played Chieftain mainly because Civ3 was so different to its predecessor, needed to relearn stuff. Plus I play SMAC almost exclusively.

Anyway after my 2nd game I found Chieftain to be just far too easy for my liking so I've gone to Warlord where its much harder (at least for me).

Getting to grips with this game requires a lot of time and patience I've found.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I will never go back to Chieftan. I have made too much Progres already. I am already at the Monarch llevel with no intentions of going behind. My Goal: Win my first Deity game :D.

4. Mullet Crusader

Mullet Crusader Celtic Warrior

Yeah, i win about 95% of the time on Regent, but i cant quite cut it on Monarch. Stupid AI bonuses......

5. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

I've officially moved out from chieftain (I started my last game just two weeks ago) but I still play chieftain games way beyond 2050. It's a lot of fun with my most recent games that I play beyond 2050. In one game, I conquered the Babylons and helped destroy the Japanese. And used nukes too :)

6. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I play Emperor and sometimes Monarch for fun. ;)

7. AdKo

AdKo Chieftain

I'm playing a Chiefatain game on Marla Singer's World Map with 24 civs. Its fun, its only 1000AD and I almost finished everyone in Asia, Europe and Africa and now im filling up Galleons with my Cavalries to attack America.

8. Ville

Ville Deity

Same on me:D

9. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

I play on all levels, from Chieftain to Diety, why? Because the only playing i have done since december where testing scenarios, mods or maps that i or other people has made.

10. Kevinicus

Kevinicus 01001011

I play Chieftan for fun to kick AI ass when I just want to lose some steam. :)

11. tao

tao Deity

Your question makes me add another item to my nono list: :D
    1. arguing with retards
    2. trying to talk sense into politicians (is this a duplicate?)
    3. using PCs with Windows :mad:
    4. beating children or women
    5. racing against under-powered cars on the autobahn
    6. getting drunk to overcome problems
    7. playing Civ III on chieftain.
      [/list=1] I'm comfortable on emperor, currently fighting my 1st deity game, may participate in SGs on monarch, play GOTMs now that they are open to Mac players.:goodjob:

12. jack merchant

jack merchant Internationalist

I don't even play on regent anymore - too easy. I'll play on monarch if I have some variant in mind - OCC for example or my current game, Always War with the Romans.

13. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I occasionally play a Chieftain game. It's a break from what I usually play, Monarch. Also if I want to do some concept testing I'll try it first at Chieftain.

Alex the Great-

I found the choices on the poll to be insulting. "Sometimes if I feel stupid" may be tongue in cheek, but I play Chieftain sometimes but NOT because "I feel stupid." The next time you write a poll, I suggest you keep the personal remarks to yourself.

14. Allemand

Allemand Chief

Regent is the "fun" level, if you're feeling lazy. No advantages for the AI.

15. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

The only chieftain game I'm considering is an attempt at a space race victory.

16. CrazyMrLeo

CrazyMrLeo Wild Child

I generally play Chieftan when I want to not lose.

17. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Never Chieftain - it's too grossly advantageous.
    I nearly always play Regent, as it's the "equal" field.
    If I'm lazy and wishing an easy victory, I play Warlord.

Never anything beyong Regent. I just can't bear to have opponent not using the same rules as me :)

18. MummyMan

MummyMan Emperor

I never thought of it, but after playing all of civ2 and some of civ3 at chieftain and winning every time very easily, i thought it might be cool to try other levels. :crazyeye: Well now i play emperor, and the competition makes it much more fun. Though i wish i could be first in tech the whole game (man that was great) and get every wonder, now i can only get wonders in the industrial or medieval ages on up. I probably would think it was boring now to play on chieftain, no competion.

19. WillJ

WillJ Coolness Connoisseur

My current game is on Regent, and I'm too busy trying to move on up through the difficulty levels to think of going back to Chieftain. If I'm ever in a lazy mood, I would probably play one level below what I can play. For example, when (and if) I can win on Monarch, if I get in a lazy mood I might play Regent.

20. Gainy

Gainy Guest

"I play Emperor and sometimes Monarch for fun. "
    "I'll play on monarch if I have some variant in mind "

Same as.....

And if i want a real challenge ill play on deity.

I just find it boring playing on anything below monarch - the AI are too stupid. :(