1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. tomplum68

tomplum68 Chieftain

then vote a

2. chgrogers

chgrogers Chieftain

a) remain neutral and refrain from conflict---> Means we don't care about the advantage stay out of war
    b) declare war immediately --> Means we don't care about the disadvantages go to war with a weak military
    c) declare war immediately upon the request of Arabia --> Go to war with a weak military and Arabia's backing
    d) declare war immediately upon the request of Arabia or another ally at war against America --> same as c) but with other allies
    e) say we will wait ten ten turns upon the request of Arabia --> give us time for positions prior to war
    f) say we will wait ten turns upon the request of Arabia or another ally at war against America --> same as e)
    g) refrain from making a decision at this time pending militarization of Japan before upon our determination accepting war requests from Arabia or an ally --> As you put put the decision off until later but everyone knows war is a distinct possibility and we should increase military. Daiymo that don't follow this policy may ind themselves replaced.
    h) refrain from making a decision until militarization before proposing war against America for a price to Arabia or an ally at war against America. --> same as g) but ask when we are ready

So you see with this list it give a general feeling of our Empire. Most of the Empire says we should go to war but we are not ready. So I say lets get ready and one thing we should consider is denouncing America for starting the war against Arabia in the 1st place to see who is their enemy.

3. Civleader

Civleader Chieftain

I agree, we should denounce America.

4. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The voting session is now closed.

5. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

But then we will never be in a war, which is opposite of what we want.

6. tomplum68

tomplum68 Chieftain

a daimyo can always bring the issue back up for vote at a future council

7. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed they are really the same vote except that H presupposes we will always ask for a price in order to enter battle.

8. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

Sounds easier to just vote for it once and have the plan ready, but I dunno, maybe I'm just weird.

9. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

You are weird :p

10. tomplum68

tomplum68 Chieftain

well, my only point is that voting for 'h' as it seems we are going to, isn't any different than voting for 'a'. If anyone asks us to go to war, we are going to refuse. Which is what our current answer would be now anyway.

I wholeheartedly agree that building up our military is a must right now and I strongly suggest disbanding warrior units once we have newer units to replace them. Gunning for gunpowder and chemistry has to be our tech course but we have to also stabilize our economy to pay for our army. Also, allying with Belgrade would help us on several fronts. They would provide us with a new luxury resource we desperately need, donate modern units to our army, and help fight America.

I also think we may want to designate specialized cities to either gun for gold, production, or science.

11. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Esteemed citizens of Japan, Kagaku meteorologists have informed me of another storm coming our way. In preparation for this I recommend our social policies should be focused on reaching meritocracy before the storm hits.

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Meritocracy looks acceptable. But I would think that other options would be available that will require a proper assesment taking into account the empires needs at the time before we commit to any particular policy.

13. Chieron

Chieron Chieftain

as policies we do currently hold do not seem to change their effect [e.g. Liberty does not give +1 culture to each city, it seems], gunning for Meritocracy would actually lower our potential happiness (will be improved in patch)
    organized religion will be nice after patch, theocracy less so.

oh, how the greater god toy with us and the oni..

14. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The Council of T201
    The citizens of Japan decide to refrain from making a decision until militarisation before proposing war against america for a price to arabia or an ally at war against America.
    Spoiler :

1420 AD (T2020)
    We meet Consul Catherine of Russia.
    Washington the Great of America coems to tell us he attacked a city state we've had past relations with.
    We don't have a specific policy on how to respond to this, and take the deferential approach.
    Mongolia and America sign a research agreement.
    Spoiler :

1430 AD (T203)
    Rome denounces Russia.
    Arabia and Germany sign a research agreement.
    New citizens are born in Kyoto and Kagoshima. They are Sparthage the Elder of the Shihai clan and filli noctus of the Kagaku clan.
    Per Daimyo Jehoshua's orders, the new citizen in Kyoto is assigned to work a farm and the no growth policy is reinstated.

1440 AD (T204)
    The Porcelin Tower is completed in a faraway land.
    Rodosha Kajo completes a lumber mill in Kagoshima and moves to build a trading post.

1450 AD (T205)
    Russia seeks allies for war against Rome. We reject their request.
    Osaka completes a knight. They are named Kishi Ransu and take a promotion in Drill I.
    Kishi Ransu takes a position on the border to defend Osaka and reports American Pikeme and Musketmen threatening Ragusa.
    Osaka beings producing crossbowmen.
    Kagoshima complets building a water mill and beings building a workshop.
    Ceskari of the Bunka clan dies of natural causes in Kyoto at the age of 86. Asuryan of the Bunka clan takes his place in Kyoto.
    Leonidas Barca of the Shihai clan dies of natural causes in Satsuma at the age of 49. Ringfinger of the Bunka clan takes his place in Satsuma.
    Tokyo completes building a market and begins producing pikemen.
    Spoiler :

1460 AD (T206)
    Rodosha Biruda completes building a sheep pasture and takes a nap.
    Pieman of the Shihai clan dies of natural causes in Satsuma at the age of 43. Tambien of the Kagaku clan takes his place in Satsuma.

1470 AD (T207)
    Our scientists complete the study of banking.
    Russia denounces Germany.
    Kishi Ransu witnesses Ragusa kill an America Pikeman. Ragusa seems to be holding their own against the Americans.
    There must be a disease going around in Satsuma. Daimyo DefoesRightBoot dies of natural causes at the age of 53.
    Pieman of the Shihai clan takes his place in Satsuma.
    Benflick of the Gaiko clan becomes Daimyo of Satsuma at the age of 16.
    A new citizen is born in Satsuma. It is Hijiri of the Bunka clan.
    Spoiler :

The Council of T207 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-6 Tuesday.

Scientific Influence Votes
    207-S-1: What shall we research?

[/spoiler]
    Spoiler Cities :

Spoiler Influence :

Spoiler Empire :

Spoiler Waiting List :

15. ShadowNX

ShadowNX Chieftain

I suggest we que 2 Techs

Steel -> Gunpowder

Knights just wont cut it much longer, better we look at getting some musketmen to replace our warriors/swords/pike's.

16. Robdude66

Robdude66 Chieftain

Agreed, especially with rivals essentially fighting this worlds Napoleonic Wars, or so I would place it.

17. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

Having a cheap, non-iron, but still powerfull unit? Neah :p

Of course we agree :D

18. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Although I agree with pushing for gunpowder and have campaigned for it so far I would also like to put printing press forward for consideration and debate, the approaching storm is likely to cause great woe among our people and theatres will be needed to bring joy to their lives.

19. Ceskari

Ceskari Chieftain

Oh almighty Oni Yahzuk, please sign in Ceskari again to queue for citizenship.

20. Ceskari

Ceskari Chieftain

Reporting to the Exalted, Esteemed, Honored beyond any precedent, Daimyo Jehoshua:

Proceedings of the preparation for burial of Kyoto Councilman Ceskari.

This task was given to me as it is well known that I have been a friend of the House of Ceskari since our times in Satsuma. I ventured to ask for help of my wife, Mariko, and the Geisha entourage of the House of Ceskari for proper washing, dressing, and burial customs, as I am still inexperienced in these Traditions in the mighty nation of Japan.

We moved the body that was found at his desk, having been busy writing a memorandum before committing to the fate in the hands of Xeldice, to the cellars of the Palace. Upon undressing the councilman robe off the body, a tight layer of silk was found wrapped on the torso of the body. Unwrapping this was impossible, since the body fluids had already seeped into the fabric. It was a shock to me that when we cut the silk garment open, a woman's body was found! Councilman Ceskari proved to be a woman! And, with the knowledge of the Geishas pouring forth from the entourage, a strange story unraveled.

Councilman Ceskari indeed was a woman, also named Ceskari. the name seems gender-neutral. However, as a younger woman, she was known as Kari, an eminent Geisha Sensei, well known around the Nation for her mastery of the tea ceremony, weddings, worship of Xeldice and other deities - you name it. Ceskari the Younger, also a former Councilman, had in fact been her son. Retrieving the document that she had been writing, the rest of the story has become clear: She had met with LegionSteve already when she was studying to become a Geisha here in Kyoto, and consequently, quite some time later had borne her a son (whom she named Ceskari, and who became a well-known musical entertainer before becoming elected for Citizenship).

But the story does not end here: The house of Ceskari is now being propagated by a young Geisha girl Pinky Matsutake, who had a few years ago given birth to a son whom she named Ringfinger. Ceskari the Younger is of course the father.

We trust this information to you with the following pledge: I myself and Mariko will employ Pinky in our household until the son has been reared to enter Citizenship. We will support Ringfinger as if he was our own son. We are quite elderly ourselves and cannot foresee begetting children of our own.

The body of Councilman Ceskari has now been properly washed, anointed, and dressed for a wake.

Yours Faithfully, wishing you many more years,

Marutei Tsurunen