Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

By the Kami they must have some excellent land or be masters of deal making to muster up such a technological advantage against the other powers of this world.

Well at least we know the Kagaku are inept by the standards of arabian scientists :p
Not so, but Arabian scientists are not shackled by the backward looking Bunka. that is their only advantage over the Kagaku.

Yes, Industrial. But Yahzuk says they have entered Modern era.

Yahzuk, could we see demographics?

If they built Big Ben they were already in the industrial era. They completed it before advancing an era.

Not so, but Arabian scientists are not shackled by the backward looking Bunka. that is their only advantage over the Kagaku.

On the contrary, there is no conflict of interests between the kagaku and the Bunka regarding technological advancement except of course for that whole space ship hypothesis, which is totally unreasonable.

The blame for our backwardness lies in Kagaku ineptitude (both politically and scientifically) excacerbated by political strife (such as not being able to construct the national college due to a certain city not having a library) and less than optimal land.

My 3 characters will be
Sciento
Toguwa
Licro

obviously, i have no knowledge of Japanese at all:(

Admin Note - Trying something new on reporting the voting results - let me know what you think.

I think this is a good way to report the results and see the outcome of the result. I like it.

Votes for Satsuma from Daimyo Acalan:
Local Influence Votes:
Should we add anything to Satsuma's production queue?
A) Market
B) Lighthouse
C) Water Mill
D) Nothing

Yes, Industrial. But Yahzuk says they have entered Modern era.

Yahzuk, could we see demographics?

I never liked the demographics. I think they give you too much information about civs you haven't meet yet. So I'm going to make you struggle along without them. Because I'm mean like that.

The modern era is correct. See the screenshot under year 1540 AD of the update.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10644253&postcount=2393

Seems like there's been a lot of effort lately on keeping the people happy. Our ally Belgrade is giving us Cotton worth +4 happiness. When our influence with them drops from 61 to 59, they'll only be our friend and stop giving us cotton. Pointing this out because I know some of our players don't have CIV and may be less familiar with it. Because I'm nice like that.

The Kind and Horrible,
Oni Yahzuk
:satan:

Arabia running away with the game? damn, they must have a huge empire (and beneficial research agreements)
And we are nowhere near being able to intervene there..

Organized Religion looks to be a solid choice, 9 happiness.
the Russian parasite sucks, breaking the save even more, but maybe it has to do with values adjusting, 16 was rather high. I guess that some things are actually not updated instantly, or never really checked again. (I'm wondering, if founding/capturing a city would reset Liberty..)

A Stoneworks in Kyoto would be really nice, +2 prod +1 happy for 1 gpt.. (too bad, we did not get additional stones, those are neat productions plots)

calling for a vote to gift more gold to Belgrade (before we lose them in 2 turns)

Economic Influence:
218-E-1: Shall we gift 250 gold to Belgrade at the next opportunity (prolonging our alliance, retaining the luxury)?
a)Yes
b)No

If the council decides to adopt a happiness-boosting social policy, the citizen of Tokyo working the simple mine should be moved onto the grassland farm.
Stagnate the city again, when happiness drops below 0, except, if the next citizen is close to birth (5 turns or less).

Tokyo is going to finish building its pikeman in 1 turn, not sure if there is anything in the queue, so thats something to be aware of.

there are Walls in the queue.

I'd add a Musketman after Gunpowder or a Lighthouse, to depend less on the farmlands.. hmm

Tokyo Local Influence
218-TL-1 Add to Tokyo's build queue after the Walls:
a) Lighthouse
b) Musketman (after Gunpowder)
c) nothing

So the Arabians have entered the Modern Era...
As our American neighbours might say, "They are going to rip us a new one"

The Council of T218 is now closed.

During the recess….
Albert Einstain of the Kagaku clan in Osaka displaces Kyowara of the Gaiko clan in Kagoshima.

The Voting session of T218 will be open until 22:00 GMT-6 Wednesday.

Spoiler Revised Influence :

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:
218-KL-1: What to produce in Kyoto?

218-KL-2: What shall we add to the construction queue in Kyoto (after whatever we decide to build)?
National Epic
stoneworks
market
musketman (in anticipation of gunpowder being researched)
nothing

Tokyo Local Influence
a) Lighthouse
b) Musketman (after Gunpowder)
c) nothing

Satsuma Local Influence Votes:
A) Market
B) Lighthouse
C) Water Mill
D) Nothing

Economic Influence:
218-E-1: Shall we gift 250 gold to Belgrade at the next opportunity (prolonging our alliance, retaining the luxury)?
a)Yes
b)No

Cultural Influence Votes:
218-C-1: What social policy to adopt?

[/PlyPlay665]
Stoneworks [For the happiness boost]

218-KL-2: What shall we add to the construction queue in Kyoto (after whatever we decide to build)?
Market

[/Benflick & Conalar]
A) Market

[/Goes to all]
Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organized Religion

Votes for
Chieron Andra
Kyowara
Treon

Tokyo Local Influence
a) Lighthouse

B) Lighthouse

Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organized Religion

Just saying, I'm not part of the Shihai Clan. I was already recognized as a Kagaku member.

(Pieman) Satsuma Local Influence Votes:
C) Water Mill

Pieman and Duke Pastry vote:
Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organised Religion

VOTES FOR DAIMYO JEHOSHUA AND SENSEI'S ASURYAN AND ATHANASIOS.

stoneworks

National Epic

Economic Influence:

a)Yes

Organised Religion

Votes for Ryuu

Stoneworks
Market

Votes for Acalan
B) Lighthouse

Organised Religion

Economic Influence:

a)Yes

VOTES FOR SENSEI YOJIMBO/HIJIRI.

Stoneworks

National Epic

Economic Influence:

a)Yes

Organised Religion

Top Bottom