1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The trireme can return to Kagoshima where it can be upgraded to a frigate when we research the technology. As it appears we will need to deal with the Germans soon I would recommend we move the trireme to the East coast to hoover up German reinforcements when war comes. I would also advocate declaring was on Bismark, taking Bremen quickly and getting a peace deal in as short a time as possible to remove a potential threat.
    We should also have an option to Accept Declarations from everyone except Germany, America and anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we already have a DoF with.

2. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

Voting list changed. I will support producing Bank in Kagoshima right after the University.

3. chgrogers

chgrogers Chieftain

I believe instead of disbanding our navy we should either disband some of our warriors or Declare war on Germany and take Bremen away from them to help our current science and fiscal situations.

4. Chieron

Chieron Chieftain

It would be better to split it into different votes, if civs are named.
    else, we won't get clear results. (formulate it into a policy after council)

like:
    Declaration of Friendship policy votes:

0)Adjust Policy?
    1)Don't accept DoFs from anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we already have a DoF with?
    2)Accept DoFs from Arabia?
    3)Accept DoFs from Mongolia
    4)Accept DoFs from Russia
    5)Accept DoFs from nations yet unmet? (everyone except those mentioned)
    6)Don't accept DoFs from Germany?
    7)Don't accept DoFs from America?

(all yes/no questions)

The deficit is bad indeed.
    Until Economics, only markets and banks will help.
    Research into Printing Press (way to Economics and also SciTheo) looks good.
    but Chemistry with increased production could also be good.

I congratulate Jehoshua on his 141st birthday, first time you are no longer more than twice as old as me. What's your secret?

5. grzybek

We can also set our cities to Gold Focus.

6. Chieron

Chieron Chieftain

which is mostly ignoring hills and adding merchants.

7. grzybek

And also increases gold production. We can also count how many gold is produced by each city, and how much gold each city uses. Rest is CiV profit.

First of all I'd take a closer look at Osaka. It seems to have a lot of buildings and small gold production. How could it be improved?

8. Rudragun

Rudragun Chieftain

If you'll notice, Osaka will create a market after it finishes the University. However, I think I will move the citizen on the hill to a jungle with a trading post.

9. Civleader

Civleader Chieftain

For now, no votes for Satsuma. Feel free to suggest anything.

Satsuma has some warriors we can disband. Disbanding our navy right now does not seem like a very good idea.

10. Chieron

Chieron Chieftain

I'd still stick with manually controlling the citizens, tyvm.

Tokyo Local:
    Add to Tokyo's queue?
    a) Musketman
    b) Nothing

11. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

Breaking News: Sensei Nonevah has returned to public life! For the last while, he has been taking care of his sick adopted son Dolian and experimenting in the nextdoor lab when not needed. On an off note, he is said to have finally found the secret of the Arabian firesticks, although that seems to just be a rumour. A few days ago, Dolian died, leaving Nonevah free to return to public life!

(OOC: What do you think of this little explanation, guys?)

12. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

I am very worried/curious as to if someone in your life actually died..

13. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

No.
    Just an explanation for my dissapearance from the thread, and the death of both Victoria and Dolian.
    My actual reason for going missing was laziness.

14. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Meh, his story is probably cover for the fact that what really happened is he used Dolian as a test subject and vivisected him to gain further scientific insights. This is the only plausible option considering the joy the final statement praising return to public life contains.

Another example of Kagaku barbarity.

15. Double Stack

Double Stack Chieftain

However, the public is tired of Bunka's interpretation of events that describe everyone else as barbarians.

Its only natural that narrow-minded view for the uncultured and lacking in understanding of finer points.

16. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Every other clan is barbaric for they fail to see the light of culture. Now all that remains is that some are more barbaric than others and in that regard the most barbaric clan is a toss-up between the Shihai and Kagaku. Although I am leaning towards the Kagaku considering Nonevahs blatant murder of Dolian in the name of "science".

17. Bowsling

Bowsling Chieftain

Well, at least the Shihai don't engage in the detrimental bickering that has become commonplace among the Bunka and Kagaku.

18. Pieman

Pieman Chieftain

Just quietly guys... we need a lot more units. Considering that we are both technologically backwards and deprived of iron, in any future war with America, we will have to outnumber their forces by a significant margin. Shame about the fiscal situation though... I guess we can go about this one of two ways: we can either improve our science/finance by improving our cities, allowing for more units in future (at the risk of letting America get even stronger) or building more units (worsening the current fiscal situation), though we would get a considerable amount of gold from the captured American treasury. Time vs Money.

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Restoring financial sanity is the order of the day, we simply cannot afford to keep such a large defecit. Sure its a risk, but better than having an army desert for lack of gold.

20. Pieman

Pieman Chieftain

Ah, I had actually forgotten about that particular game mechanic. Good point, we need the money. Still though, considering all the talk earlier about war, preparations have been pretty haphazard - do we really need to be building 2 universities and the National Epic at this stage?