1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Yes :D technological advancement to attempt to narrow the gap is important and an increasing rate of great people is good.

2. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

The jungles around Osaka and Kagoshima are our greatest scientific resource but we need universities to make use of them. Along with an aggressive program of trading post building among the jungles the Kagaku clan intends to deal with our economic AND scientific issues.

3. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Removing the jungles, however, provides additional food and production, vital in our empire's growth

4. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

When we get money growth is not a problem.

We can solve it via Granary, Hospital, Aqueduct and Maritime states. If we lack money happens something like right now :)

Reg. what Filli Noctus said. This is the plan of Kagaku from the very beginning, this is why we took control of 2 least production cities and we are focused on that goal constantly.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Excellent. So it appears that through natural action the main clans have all achieved somewhat a status quo of jurisdictions in the empire to achieve their own purposes. The Bunka have Kyoto, the Gaiko have Satsuma and Tokyo (money for city states obviously) and the Kagaku have Kagoshima and Osaka.

The pitiful Shihai naturally being warmongers and tyrants cannot create any lasting goal (they only destroy) and has instead faded into irrelevance. Although perhaps in time with rising numbers their destructive tendencies will rise again and we will see the same sort of barbaric tyranny that Gethe initiated in Kyoto, and unwarranted and barbaric assasination attempts and coups in a mad bid for power without any other cause than furthering destruction and discord as with Dragon in his failed attempt against me.

6. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

It is obvious the Shihai do not have the patience for politics. Even with support they failed to oust the Kagaku of Osaka and now their most venerable house has been cast from the council in disgrace. It is tragic and yet somehow highly amusing to see the clan of the great Arexander brought so low.

7. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Indeed.

I suppose if they kept to the noble, honourable, and cultured even traditions of Bushido upheld in dignity by Arexander the great they would still sit at the table of discussion in our empire. Yet they have fallen into barbarous and bloodthirsty ideologies, the idea of total war, tyranny, wanton and needless bloodshed.

With their fall into depravity, their political power has likewise fallen away. As in the words of the great kami it is written.

The first shall be last and the last shall be first. For the first clan to rule japan is now its weakest, and the last (Gaiko) to rule in our beginnings has now come to dominate our empire.

8. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

Admin Note: was busy this weekend with some family events - hopefully tonight for the update

9. PlyPlay665

PlyPlay665 First King of Persia

Exactly, we dominate. Although, it doesn't seem we're doing the greatest job.. considering the main two things the Gaiko should be worried about are money and peace...

10. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

I think, you forget, my friend, that declaring war on Major Civs really isn't a problem when it comes to your city-state diplomacy, unless they are allies. On the other hand, Japan's weak economy quickly undermines your goals.

OOC: Yahzuk, if we end up somehow getting a time victory, who wins? :End OOC

In addition, I am appalled at the accusations that Daimyo Jehoshua has leveled against me. How dare you say that I preformed a VIVISECTION on a man I considered as my own son! If I was not a civilized man, you would be certain to find assassins at your doorstep tomorrow!

11. Bowsling

Bowsling Chieftain

I don't believe that that will be an issue, we must have a rather pitiful score.

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Ah but you may not be, as you say, a civilised man. The Kagaku are known for occasional barbarity, need I recall the incident when Filli Noctus cold-bloodedly murdered by shooting with an arrow an innocent to proove a scientific point. Naturally the person was American but the point remains that civilised man does not randomly slay inferiors. I would not be surprised that you, who are less distinguished than Filli Noctus would do far worse than simply murder an american.

As to the assassins you could try. But being 141 and supreme autocrat of Kyoto I think they would fail miserably although of course their remains a chance. The Lord of Japan only become stronger with age thanks to an increase in loyal guards as time goes on. (not to mention cunning and wisdom increases.)

13. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The Council session is now closed.

14. Rudragun

Rudragun Chieftain

Daimyo Jehoshua,
    Surely, you are unfair in your condemnation of the Kagaku. The Bunka, the Gaiko, and the Shihai all have bad eggs. The Bunka do things for ideals, the Gaiko for favor, the Shihai for patriotism, and the Kagaku for science. These are the true divisions of our clans, not perceived differences in moral integrity. Also, I believe you owe Sensei Nonevah an apology for insulting what is, as he sees it, his humanity.
    Besides, I should think you of all people would have no objection to a civilized man executing an enemy, especially an American, reasons notwithstanding. Given a chance, I imagine you would happily slay them all.

Sincerely,
    Daimyo Rudragun

15. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I suppose you are correct that the Kagaku arent all bad. As to the American the person in question had commited no crime and was unarmed. If in an alternate reality that person was a criminal or an enemy warrior during a state of war, then I would naturally order that person flayed alive and have his corpse impaled on a stake along the roadside of the Kyoto/Osaka highway along with others gaining that punishment, with his skin being offered at the alloted place in the marshes to the ineffable oni. But summary executions of innocents even when they are americans during peacetime as it was then is criminal and barbaric.

But I have a question for you regarding Sensei Nonevah consisting of a single word...

Humanity?

16. yahzuk

yahzuk Agent of Chaos

The Council of T218 is now closed.

During the recess….
    Nothing interesting happens.

The voting session of T226 is now open until 22:00 GMT-6 on Wednesday.

Kyoto Local Influence Votes
    226-KL-1: What shall we add to the production queue of Kyoto.
    market
    musketman
    granary
    nothing

226-KL-3: Should we dispand the Japanese Navy?
    Yes
    No

Tokyo Local Votes:
    226-TL-1: Add to Tokyo's queue?
    a) Musketman
    b) Nothing

Votes for Kagoshima
    226-KGL-1: What shall we build after the University?
    a) Walls
    b) Granary
    c) Lighthouse
    d) Bank
    e) nothing

Scientific Influence Votes:
    226-S-1: What shall we research?

226-S-2: Catherine is number two in tech, should we offer her a declaration of friendship?
    Yes
    No
    When hell freezes over.

Admin Notes = Of the two declartion of friendship votes, I decided we didn't need both and this one seemed more specific

226-S-3: Adjust Policy?

226-S-4: Don't accept DoFs from anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we already have a DoF with?

226-S-5: Accept DoFs from Arabia?

226-S-6: Accept DoFs from Mongolia

226-S-7: Accept DoFs from Russia

226-S-8: Accept DoFs from nations yet unmet? (everyone except those mentioned)

226-S-9: Don't accept DoFs from Germany?

226-S-10: Don't accept DoFs from America?

Military Influence Votes:
    226-M-1: What city shall Ishiyumi Kimyona be given to?

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

The Council of T218 is now closed.

Something terrible must be happening for nothing to occur. Its clearly the period of calm before a storm, the eerie silence before a battle commences.

-

VOTES OF THE HOUSE OF JEHOSHUA - JEHOSHUA, ATHANASIOS, ASURYAN.

The voting session of T226 is now open until 22:00 GMT-6 on Wednesday.

226-KL-1: What shall we add to the production queue of Kyoto.

market

226-KL-3: Should we dispand the Japanese Navy?

No

Metallurgy

226-S-2: Catherine is number two in tech, should we offer her a declaration of friendship?

Yes

Yes.

226-S-4: Don't accept DoFs from anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we already have a DoF with?

Yes

No

Yes

226-S-7: Accept DoFs from Russia .

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Kyoto.

18. Chieron

Chieron Chieftain

Votes for Daimyo Treon and the Senseis Chieron Andra and Kyowara

Tokyo Local Votes: (Treon)
    226-TL-1: Add to Tokyo's queue?
    a) Musketman

Chemistry

Yes, provided we get aid against those Russian fur parasites!

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

No (new vote can be called, if the need arises/new civs are met)

Yes

Yes

Tokyo, as frontline city

19. Rudragun

Rudragun Chieftain

Chemistry

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

226-S-6: Accept DoFs from Mongolia?
    Yes

226-S-7: Accept DoFs from Russia?

Yes

No (the one we have not met is apparently rather behind)

Yes

Yes

Osaka (a border city)

20. Double Stack

Double Stack Chieftain

Votes for Kagoshima (Triple Stack
    226-KGL-1: What shall we build after the University?

d) Bank

Scientific Influence Votes: Triple Stack and Single Stack

Chemistry

Yes

Yes

Yes, don't accept

No

No

Yes

No

No

When hell freezes over

Tokyo