Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

I order another city wide celebration in Kyoto in honour of my 150th birthday which incidentally is my 120th anniversary of becoming Daimyo of Kyoto.

-

As to the Arabians.... oh dear.

We could sell the Kagaku to the arabians to feed their scientific juggernaught :mwaha:

As to the economic situation however I think we need time to consider our options.

Ceskari appears at the gates of Kagoshima, confused, with a letter of appointment in his hands, swatting at a fly that has a curiously pale and human-looking head... Oh well, too late now! The fly-creature is squished.

I mourn for the loss of Sensei PlyPlay's family. Even the now rather repetitive celebrations for the faraway Kyoto daimyo's birthday are not lighting my mood much.
(150 turns.. that's just getting silly, really)
Far more disturbing were news of a great power harnessed by the Arabians. Did they improve their gunpowder that far or how was this even possible?
(honestly.. how are we to manage to win this? Muskets agains Nukes is no fair match, more so, if the Kagaku-Bunka "disagreement" intensifies)

Tokyo order:
move the worker off the mined hill, reassign him as artist merchant

Tokyo local votes:
TL-235-1: add to Tokyo's build queue?
a) Musketman
b) Bank
c) Nothing (5 turns until it is a mandatory vote)

TL-235-2: What shall Ishiyumi Kimyona do?
a) move to Tokyo, garrison there->move Senshi Kuma to the Northwest
b) move to Tokyo, Defend Tokyo.
c) Hold (no change)

I'm open to input regarding production, don't really see why, the Musketman was voted down again. comment please.

--------------------------
edit: why the hell did i write artist... meant merchant of course.

I mourn for the loss of Sensei PlyPlay's family. Even the now rather repetitive celebrations for the faraway Kyoto daimyo's birthday are not lighting my mood much.
(150 turns.. that's just getting silly, really)

The Yamabushi come Daimyo has mystical powers, He has also perhaps made a secret trip to the fountain of youth. :lol:

Either way though I keep on expecting to die each turn but so far it has yet to be. (probably will die next turn just for the irony now:lol:)

I wonder, what, exactly, caused the house of Plyplay to commit seppeku?

Real Life getting busy. He left the Governments and Politics game after his death for that reason.

It is a sad day, the Gaiko have lost a valuable member. PlyPlay665 will not be forgotten...
Cheers to our 150 year old Daimyo of Kyoto!

As to our current situation, our days look counted. Our economy is in decline and if Arabia wished, we would be destroyed by their new technology, which to me seems impossible to understand! (in-game we dont even know about atoms!)

For this reason, I propose the next for Satsuma:
Satsuma Local Influence
Shall we disband warriors in Satsuma:
A) one
B) All warriors
C) None

Shall our worker clear the marsh north of Satsuma?
A) yes
B) No

Oh boy. We now are nothing more than an insect the Arabians choose to tolerate... since we can't realistically win this, we might as well go out with a bang and have a final, glorious war with America. Time for our own "Manifest Destiny" to be fufilled! Of course, the economy is going to need a boost first - though the treasuries of conquered American cities would help :p

OOC: How did the Arabians get nukes at 1625?! I thought that we were only on Emperor, not Deity!

They clearly stole Kagaku secrets on the making of gunpowder :lol:

You're mistaken, we stole gunpowder from the Arabians....unfortunately.

Alas, the Kagaku are more inept than I thought. Perhaps we should sacrifice your clan to the kami on stonehenge instead of the typical bovine sacrifices.

Well since the Kagaku agree that they have dishonoured themselves and deserve death...

-

VOTES:

National vote (scientific influence)

Should we sacrifice all ignoble Kagaku in Japan to the Kami of scientific knowledge on the altar of stonehenge?

:Yes (Sacrifice :D)
:Only the labratory workers
:No

And the daimyo of Kyoto reveals himself for the barbarian he truly is.
Weep, children of Japan, weep for the future. For it shall know not the presence of our glorious Empire.

I am merely putting it to a vote as Grzybek suggested.

Have you not heard the ancient proverb: Death before dishonour. He concurred with the assesment that the Kagaku have shamed themselves by their failure and deserve death and so since he has agreed I shall put it up for vote so that the nobles can democratically vote on whether the Kagaku have in reality shamed themselves to deserve sacrificial death.

There is still a chance that they may live. But either way the lack of knowledge of their eventual fate can only hasten scientific research on things that are actually important.

OOC: ah yes, It is most fun. Especially the scenario of Montezuma, peddlar of sacrificial knives. :D

I guess all there is to do now is to prepare a glorious if outdated horde and go crusading for Shinto against the germans and then the Americans.

Top Bottom