1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by yahzuk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Should this not be a national vote? The Kagaku of other cities have disgraced themselves just as much as those in Kyoto. I fear Japan is becoming too capital-centric.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

True true, I shall alter the vote to a national one.

3. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

I suggest the daimyo's of Osaka and Kagoshima put forward a vote to horsewhip the clanmates of any daimyo who implements such an order through the city streets alongside any who vote for such a resolution.

4. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

An Idea on how that law might work:

The Clanmates of any Daimyo, along with the Daimyo himself, should be horsewhipped through the city streets if the Daimyo puts forth a vote to introduce any kind of human sacrifice, one of the most barbaric practices known to man. Anyone who votes for the bill will be punished in the same way.

5. tomplum68

tomplum68 Chieftain

As barbaric as human sacrifice sounds, if this would please the kami and grant us increased knowledge to defeat our enemies, we should do it...for the greater good of course.

6. DefoesRightBoot

DefoesRightBoot Former Daimyo x3...

Of course, if Jehoshua's proposal goes through, then this will fail, and vice versa, since no sane person would vote for both.

And if this proposal goes through, then of course it cannot be applied retroactively therefore anyone voting for Jehoshua's bill would be safe from this ruling (unless another such vote is then postulated.)

Therefore I am happy to vote in favour of Jehoshua's bill in the knowledge that I can do so safely. :cool:

7. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Hang on, let me check my copy of the Constitution of Japan.

Let me see... Retroactive legislation... Nope... Writs of attainder... Nothing...
    Actually there's not much of anything. Not even paper. The law isn't on your side.
    :cool:

8. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

Jehoshua, You cannot tell sarcasm even when it hits you in your face.

From my point of view you are the less cultured character in whole Japan empire. Nevertheless, say what you wish. I will do my work and little bee flying around and asking for approval will not make me leave it.

9. JJOne

JJOne Chieftain

The daimyo Jehoshua is guilty. He managed to ruin the economics and science of the empire with his constant run after illusions and wonders over the past 150 years. That's why the arabs have atomic bombs and we fight with spears. What's next? The russians will fly to another galaxy while we find out how to make motorboats?

10. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I beg to differ, the economic state of the empire was ruined by the rampant population growth of Osaka and Satsuma. Kyoto was already at the same level of development population wise when we had a good economic situation.

Also I think I am entitled as 150 year old 120 year reigning Daimyo of the capital to construct grand monuments to my reign. Not to mention being 150 gives me the perfect reason to propose such a law to sacrifice the Kagaku to the kami, crazy old man syndrome with a touch of megalomania :lol: (although its really only because keeping the kagaku around is no longer necessary)

OOC: As to Grzybek I know it was sarcasm, thats precisely why I made the vote :lol:

11. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

Hm... I would not say it would be the Daimyo Jehoshua who is directly at fault, as much as it is bad luck, or perhaps, loss of the Kami's favor. If I remember my religious texts right, I'm pretty sure that the Oni Yahzuk did not design this world to be so difficult for the Children of the Emperor.

OOC: I repeat, atom bombs by 1625! On Emperor! Is this normal?

12. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: I somehow doubt it, I think Arabia just might of achieved a perfect storm for the development of a scientific monster.

13. Nonevah

Nonevah Chieftain

OOC: You don't play emperor Civ5? Is there anyone here who plays it, and would be able to answer my question?

14. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

OOC: no I don't play ciV personally (except by proxy in games such as this) since I don't own the game. But from all the games I have observed this seems IMO rather unusual to occur. Furthermore one only needs to look at all the other civs in the game currently to know that arabia is unusual. It is in effect an entire era above the norm technologically.

15. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Best. Last 2 pages. Ever.

Now, assuming, for the sake of easy maths (Since I failed to learn maths by our scholars and had to travel to Arabia to learn the way of the number, I believe they call it Al Jabir), that every clan has the same influence (Which it does not, I believe it goes G,B,K,S). Now, assuming no inter-clan alliances, and each clan wants to win, then Jehoshuas proposed law will be in the favour of every other clan, and the rebuttal law of horse-whipping will get only the support of the Kagaku.

16. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Perhaps, but only a few Kagaku are resident in non-Kagaku controlled cities. And as the head of one of the oldest families in the Empire, Kagaku or otherwise, I will make it clear that we find your empty threats amusing.

17. grzybek

grzybek The Mad Sciencist

I play CiV on Emperor and it's nothing really strange to get THE Bomb in 17th century :)

18. juKar-C

juKar-C Chieftain

I suggest that the leaders of Kagaku and Bunka stand down and bow before the wishes of the Shihai clan!

We are gearing for war and the military clan needs to take charge!

-7 year old bambo wielding samurai, Yukimura Sanada

19. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

I laugh in the face of your pathetically insignificant clan.

20. juKar-C

juKar-C Chieftain

Grrrrrrr! Mark my word! You shall witness the might of the Sanadas of Shihai!

-7 year old bambo wielding samurai, Yukimura Sanada