Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

It appears the supreme oni, before whom all grovel and tremble is temporarily missing in action...

OK, all coconuts except the ones that may, by their removal, cause the great and powerful Oni to desire to remain in Ragusa indefinitely.

So…. Good news, Bad news time.

Good News: I'm not dead
Bad News: I haven't been on vacation - I've been trying to keep my head above water at work and home

Good News: I'm starting to have some more free time again, and am eager to continue GM'ing a forum game
Bad News: The structure of my free time has greatly changed, and isn't really compatible with a COTE style game right now

Bad News: It's really hard to get enthusiastic about a game that no one thinks we can win.
Good News: Once I figure out how to do it, I will upload the save. Anyone who wants to can take a crack at turning this train wreck around. If anyone can turn it into a win, the victory type of the fastest win will be considered the winning clan.

Bad News: I have to end COTE.
Good News: I am starting a new game "A More Perfect Union". It is intended to require less time commitment both to administrate and to play. Rules will be posted shortly, I hope you will consider joining!

Pity, but probably for the best. By dint of being first to respond after this unhappy news I declare victory on behalf of the Kagaku clan :p

blasphemy, clearly the Bunka were in the superior and thus victorious :p

Gigagar walked back home from the Great Library after another long night, researching the history of Japan. His research began with Japan, learning about the first Daimyo Arexander, the rise of the ancient Yamabushi, and the young life of the Geisha-turned-Councilman Kari. For his whole life, he has been only concerned with the past, never bothering with the present. In fact, today, he just noticed that he always walked past the supposedly great cathedral of Notre Dame. He always heard people talk about it, but never payed much attention to it. As he was reflecting his thoughts about exploits of the Shihai clansmen Triski, he came to a realization. Japan should deserve more than what it was given in the past. No, not deserve, earn. Take. Gigagar was inspired. It was time to take a more active interest in the present, he thought. "Today" he said to himself, "I become a member of the Shihai.

(tl;dr, I've only read to page 66, I'll read a few of the last few pages to get acquainted with things, and as you can tell, I'm not that good at storytelling, but I'm doing my best. Also, sign me up and put me under the Shihai. It's time to take over the world)

The Kami returned and destroyed the japanese peninsula until nothing remained but poisoned seas and barren wastelands. Although they took pity on Kyoto and it is now a mystical island ruled under the iron fist of the Bunka (under the rule of the apparently immortal Yamabushi Jehoshua) in sublime isolation from all heathen civilisations....

Yes lets go with that :lol:

2011 A.D. Almost 200 years after the great nuclear war between Arabia and Russia. The world is still in ruins, with great the great monuments lie in ruin and decay. Not even Kyoto, a bastion of culture and civilization, could survive for too long. Only scavengers remain, to pick apart the ruins. One such scavenger came across a journal. only the first page remains. It's too bad High-Middle Japanese is a totally dead language, otherwise he wouldn't have used it as toilet paper, like so much other journals he came across.

Gigagar walked back home from the Great Library after another long night, researching the history of Japan. His research began with Japan, learning about the first Daimyo Arexander, the rise of the ancient Yamabushi, and the young life of the Geisha-turned-Councilman Kari. For his whole life, he has been only concerned with the past, never bothering with the present. In fact, today, he just noticed that he always walked past the supposedly great cathedral of Notre Dame. He always heard people talk about it, but never payed much attention to it. As he was reflecting his thoughts about exploits of the Shihai clansmen Triski, he came to a realization. Japan should deserve more than what it was given in the past. No, not deserve, earn. Take. Gigagar was inspired. It was time to take a more active interest in the present, he thought. "Today" he said to himself, "I become a member of the Shihai.

Too bad you came too late to this one (basically when all hope had faded).

Perhaps you could joing GaP though, (governments and politics). Its a game on a similar vein to this one which is just as good as this one was. (perhaps the ineffable oni could grace GaP with his godlike presence as well if he has the time between his new game and RL commitments)

I rather hope that one has pictures of game play to help in the immersion like this one did.

Go look at the Governments and Politics thread if your interested in that one. As to Yahzuk (tremble before the oni) his next one (A more perfect union) will probably be in a similar format when it comes to images and information.

Oh well, better to stop now than dragging on a game with in such a bad position (increasing infighting wouldn't have helped either, now)

Thanks to everyone attending, praised be the Oni for making it possible.

I rather hope that one has pictures of game play to help in the immersion like this one did.

The new game will have screenshots similar to this one, but moving to a format of copying and pasting tables directly to forum instead of needing to take screenshots of excel. Graphs TBD, as needed.

Top Bottom