Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

I too would like to follow the traditions of Shihai; Peace will only come when only The Chosen People remain.

I could see how being a part of a large clan could really help. You're less likely to be displaced or lose a coup. So not to have a lopsided game, I'll join the Bunka clan.

So far thats:

Kagaku-6
Bunka-3
Gaiko-3
Shihai-7

EDIT: BTW, congrats on starting such a successful game yahzuk. I'm excited for this one. :goodjob:

Shihai or Shihia- all the way!

I too, are going to do some documentation on my clan, the warlike Shihai!
I have attached it.
:ar15::sniper::trouble::cowboy::strength::spear::c5strength::c5goldenage::c5rangedstrength::deal:

Ahhh!!! I frogot to attach!

I attached to the other one but it's not working. Help!!!!!!!!!

in the name of sake..please put me in the Bunka belivers...as culture is one thing that will survive nevertheless of our mortal soul...hai

ps. just a thought...could there be some sort of born in the same city again reward like as immortal status ( or 3 times, depends) ...to add more spice to a game..

OOC: Yahzuk, I think that you should start implementing a balance system: maybe allow people in smaller clans to have the possibility for two citizens, or shake up the clans in case we start having one or two clans dominate over the others.

He did say that we can create sub-clans and coalitions. Atm there may be more Shihai than the other clans but in total they are out numbered by everyone else. Another thing you have to think of science / cultural / diplomacy all are techs on the top and middle of the tree. I believe this will be a very interesting and political game.

OOC: Indeed it shall. And those of you worried about Shihai dominance, I imagine it will be split into two or more sub-clans due to conflicting ideologies. Probably a full domination and subjugation clan, and another clan for defense and rapid capture of capitals.

OOC: Indeed it shall. And those of you worried about Shihai dominance, I imagine it will be split into two or more sub-clans due to conflicting ideologies. Probably a full domination and subjugation clan, and another clan for defense and rapid capture of capitals.

And so it begins.:trouble:

And so it begins.:trouble:

You wanna get crazy?

:ninja:

Let's get crazy.

But seriously, would you support Shihai Seido (Limited Warfare) or Shihai Senka (Total Warfare)? As a Seido, I'll probably push for support technologies, roads, and make a rush for Navigation. The true commander wins his battles, then goes to war.:king:

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't caught on, the names of the clans are direct translations of the victory types: so I propose that any sub clans should follow the same pattern. (Seido - precision, Senka - "ravages of war"). A problem I see is that the Shihai clan is the only one really up for real internal division, and if it splits on the lines I've established then that means the Kagaku clan would be dominant. We, the Shihai, must overcome our differences to put all these bookish weaklings in their place, lest they overwhelm us.

(Anyone else think it's weird I'm creating and naming different factions, but also calling for unity? :p)

Oh, and for anyone who hasn't caught on, the names of the clans are direct translations of the victory types: so I propose that any sub clans should follow the same pattern. (Seido - precision, Senka - "ravages of war"). A problem I see is that the Shihai clan is the only one really up for real internal division, and if it splits on the lines I've established then that means the Kagaku clan would be dominant. We, the Shihai, must overcome our differences to put all these bookish weaklings in their place, lest they overwhelm us.

As a "bookish weakling" myself, I am ashamed that a Shihai is versed in the Japanese language when I am not.

However, it seems to me that Japan could unite her continent, with the Shihahi and the Kagaku cooperating, and then reach for the stars. Of course, the Shihahi, Bunka, and Gaiko may disagree on the last part.:D

However, it seems to me that Japan could unite her continent, with the Shihahi and the Kagaku cooperating, and then reach for the stars. Of course, the Shihahi, Bunka, and Gaiko may disagree on the last part.:D

As an enlightened Shihai, I admit that the mastery of contemporary technologies is vital to matters of state... and even more so to matters of war. I believe the Shihai and the Kagaku could forge a solid alliance: It shall only be a matter of who manages to end the game first. :mischief:

To be honest, I imagine the clan who will have the toughest time will be the Bunka clan: Their requirements for victory (Culture, and a low city count) is counterproductive to the goals of the other three clans. (Shihai will strive to maximize production, the Kagaku will grow the population, and the Gaikou will seek gold).

...Actually, putting it that way makes it quite sinister: The generals want slave labor, the scientists want human guinea pigs, and the diplomats want to corrupt the other nations of the world. Machiavelli would be proud :mwaha:

To be honest, I imagine the clan who will have the toughest time will be the Bunka clan: Their requirements for victory (Culture, and a low city count) is counterproductive to the goals of the other three clans. (Shihai will strive to maximize production, the Kagaku will grow the population, and the Gaikou will seek gold).

Basically, I agree with the above analysis. You may say that the soldier endures through hard discipline, the farmer through adverse conditions, and the banker through narrowing profit margins. He who endures through the opposition of all, will get the highest reward. I am telling you only once: Do not underestimate the strength of those who believe in enlightenment for all. Our often quirky and "artistic" appearance may hide the inner strength we possess through knowingly striving for taking the moral high road.

We will see who smiles last.

Triskelli? Are you officialky on teh waiting list? I can add you to the below list of my fellow clan members.(Kind of)

Shihai clan (all): Arexander, Chuchill’s Hat, CanturionXX, Sparthage, cthodgson, gethe, DragonHead
Shihai clan (Active): None (Game has not started)
Turn 1:Settled First City of Kyoto-Citizens:_____

Note that the list below is only of the warlike Shihai tribe- I will keep a constant record on the coming and goings of my tribe.

Shihai clan (all): Arexander, Chuchill’s Hat, CanturionXX, Sparthage, cthodgson, gethe, DragonHead
Shihai clan (Active): None (Game has not started)
Turn 1:Settled First City of Kyoto-Citizens:__________

@ Dragonhead, Yes, I would like to join your list, if I may. (I was the first to sign up :king:)

I think we all will smile if you save this one for the end!

Top Bottom