Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

i have decided to not continue the back story (it was bad anyway) and start with teh chronicles of Japan, starting at the fallen nation of teh past and than skipping to teh current game when it get's exciting. I will probably post it rather soon.

It will be titled

Tales of the Japanese

And the the First Mayor of Paris is reborn as a Japanese citizen with no influence...

I vote (with my 1% influence) for Mathematics as our next technology.

Here it is- please comment:

Tales of the Japanese- Prologue
The declaration of war arrived at sunset, the fiery red ball peaked over the horizon like a malevolent eye, its gaze streaking the skyline in a haze of red and orange as though the sky itself was alight. The weary rider and horse approached, a mud-splattered, torn tunic bearing the emblem of the Japanese military approached. He had black bags under his eyes and kept his head down. He was exhausted; he had not had a decent bath in weeks, hadn’t stopped riding for two days and was out of all rations of any kind. He had creases of fatigue lining his face and the looks of a dying man, he had been broken.
Using the only last strength he had he urged the horse into a tired gallop, and sides heaving (the horse) and heart hammering they flew the last remaining distance to the city.
Kyoto dominated the surroundings, great stone walls that soared upwards into turrets and towers, arrow slits and high above the battlements that stuck out like sides of an unfinished puzzle. Above that there were more towers, artistically sculpted into things of beauty while heavily-enforced; solid roofs and durable marble, while still beautiful would resist storms of arrows, rocks and bolts.
As the messenger made his progress, about ten crossbowman watched him closely from the battlements, their eyes scanning the horizon for assailants he hadn’t shook. He collapsed at the gate right as the portcullis was descending; a full score of swordsman waited at the gate and signaled to other guardsman inside to stop. They hurried forward, their sheathed blades flashing in the dying light of sunset and caught the messenger right as he toppled from his steed. In a raspy voice that was less than a whisper he gasped out a single sentence,
“The Egyptians have declared war.”
He collapsed in their arms, black descending over the blanket of twinkling stars.

I'm away for a week beginning from Friday so I need to cut off from the waiting list for that and for the lack of time I'm currently experiencing due to increasing school work. I hope to join the game later, though. :)

Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

The Legend of the Emperor’s Children
How did this world begin, that was your question? Well, according to legend, once, long ago, on a world that was not our own, there was a powerful nation called Japan. The people of Japan had a warrior’s spirit and never yielded in battle, and this strength brought them many great victories. Through cunning and strength the Emperor of Japan lead the nation to dominate the world!

But the Emperor was so busy conquering his enemies that he had little time for his children, and entrusted their care to the philosopher Satori. Satori was a wise and peaceful man. He tired of Japan’s constant warring and prayed to the ancient Kami that the Emperor’s children might know a world of peace instead.

The powerful Kami, for reasons known only to themselves, chose to answer Satori’s prayer. So they brought the children, and a small population of commoners to serve them, to a new world, but Satori was not allowed to join them. The fate of the new world would rest in the hands of the Children of the Emperor!

The oldest son, Gaiko, had learned Satori’s lessons well, and wished for a united coalition of all the people of this new world. The second son, Bunka, heard Satori’s lessons but cared little for his neighbors, wanting only to create great works of culture for Japan. The youngest son, Kagaku, cared not for this world and dreamed of touching the stars. War and peace were both simply tools for him to be used in the pursuit of science. The emperor’s daughter, Shihai, rejected Satori’s teachings altogether, vowing to rule this world through force of arms as her father had ruled the last.

At first, the displaced Japanese struggled to survive the harsh wilderness, and existed only as a nomadic tribe, but after several generations the tiny population grew and settled down to found the city of Kyoto, the first city of the new Japanese empire. By this point of course, the Emperor’s children had passed away, but their descendants became four clans of Japan, each still vying for power and trying to realize its founder’s vision…..

Random Warning!
What’s life without uncertainty? In this game I shall be using random numbers to determine when players are born into the game and when they die, which shall be unpredictable and lead to some sudden power swings between clans. Doubtlessly, there will be times when it seems “unfair”, because someone is “on the waiting list too long” or “dies too soon.” It is the risk you must run to join in this game, so please don’t sign up if this type of randomness is going to bother you. You have been warned!

Spoiler How will random things be determined? :
The odds of something happening are explained in relevant sections between. I shall make the selection from the odds by random number. I know there are any number of random number generators out there, but I’m already using Microsoft Excel for tracking many things, so I’ll be using it for generating the random numbers as well. The function is =rand().

Spoiler Will Yahzuk play in this game? :
I will be controlling the military units, although operating under general instructions from the citizens. Other than that I will be moderating the game and crunching the numbers. Since this game is a little more complex than the last one, I want to be in a position of some objectivity to be able to answer any questions.

The Four Clans
There are 4 clans in the game, each pursuing a different victory condition. To signup to participate in the game you must join a clan. You may not switch clans, so choose carefully!
Kagaku – Science Victory
Bunka – Cultural Victory
Gaiko – Diplomatic Victory
Shihai – Domination Victory
Spoiler Can I form my own clan? :
No, for my game balancing purposes everyone must belong to own of these four clans depending on the victory type you want to pursue. However, feel free to form any sub-clans or alliances within your clan as you like.

Citizens – Birth and Dying
The number of active players in the game at any time is equal to the number of citizens.
When a new citizen is born, a new player will be chosen to join the game. Players are chosen from the waiting list at random.
• A player’s chances of being chosen increase the longer they have been on the list. Time spent on the waiting list for the “Rebirth of France” game will be counted.
• Clans that are underrepresented in the game have a higher chance of being chosen.
Spoiler When will I be born? :
No one knows when they will be born! When it is time for a citizen to be born, I will select a player from the waiting list at random. Each player’s odds of being chosen is equal to (Turns Waiting)*(Clan Factor)/[Sum of (Turns Waiting)*(Clan Factor) for all players].
The Clan Factor is equal to the number of (1/4)*(Active Players)/(Number of Active Players from Clan). Since you can’t divide by 0, 0.1 is used if there are no active members of the clan. I will then generate a random number to select a waiting player.
Spoiler Example :
There are four players waiting.
Mr. K - Kagaku – 5 turns
Mr. B - Bunka – 20 turns
Mr. G - Gaiko – 15 turns
Mr. S - Shihai – 10 turns
There are 3 active players in the game, 2 Bunka and 1 Gaiko. Who is most likely to be born next?
Spoiler Answer :

Clan Factors:
Kagaku – (1/4)*3/0.1 = 7.5
Bunka – (1/4)*3/2 = 0.375
Gaiko – (1/4)*3/1 = 0.75
Shihai – (1/4)*3/0.1 = 7.5

Player Numbers
Mr. K – 5*7.5 = 37.5
Mr. B – 20*0.375 = 7.5
Mr. G – 15*0.75 = 11.25
Mr. S – 10*7.5 = 75
Total = 37.5+7.5+11.25+75 = 131.25

Odds of Being Born
Mr. K – 37.5/131.25 = 28.6%
Mr. B – 7.5/131.25 = 5.7%
Mr. G – 11.25/131.25 = 8.6%
Mr. S – 75/131.25 = 57.1%

So, Mr. S will most likely be chosen, because he’s been waiting a while and his clan is underrepresented in the game. Mr. B has been waiting longer, but his clan already has more than its fair share of players in the game, so he’ll probably have to wait a while yet. But when it comes to randomness, nothing is guaranteed! This will all be managed by me behind the scenes, and I assure you it isn’t as complicated as it probably sounds.
Spoiler But how is someone chosen with the random number? :
The possible choices are tallied up in a list, and a random number is generated between 0-1.
So:
Mr. K = 28.6% = numbers 0 – 0.286
Mr. B = 5.7% = numbers 0.286 – 0.343
Mr. G = 8.6% = numbers 0.343 – 0.429
Mr. S = 57.1% = numbers 0.429 - 1

A citizen’s age is equal to the number of turns they have been active. A citizen’s influence is proportional to their age.
Each turn there is a chance that citizens may die. Deceased citizens are replaced with a new citizen from the waiting list.
• The older a citizen is the more likely they are to die.
• Citizens living in cities with excess food production are likely to live older.
• Citizens living in cities with luxuries and happiness generating buildings are likely to live older.
• As the empire’s technological era increases, the population’s average life expectancy will increase.
Spoiler When will I die? :
No one knows when they will die! Each citizen’s chance of dying each turn is their Age/[500*(# of technological eras)]. The number of technological eras is 1 for the ancient era, 2 for classical, 3 for medieval and so on. Luxuries (worth 5 if unique, otherwise 2), happiness and food will “take years off your age”, but must be shared among all the citizens of the city.
Spoiler Example :
A city in the ancient era has three citizens A-C, age 10, 5 and 1. The city has 1 improved luxury and 2 excess food. So each citizen gets (5+2)/3 = 2.3 “years off their age”. What are each citizen’s odds of dying of old age this turn?
Spoiler Answer :

Mr. A – (10-2.3)/500 = 1.5%
Mr. B – (5-2.3)/500 = 0.5%
Mr. C has 1-2.3 = -1.3 so Mr. C is guaranteed to survive this turn.
When you remember that this test is done every turn, life expectancies in the early eras are actually pretty low!
Again this all be managed by me behind the scenes.

If a city is lost to an enemy empire, then all the citizens living there are killed.
If a citizen starves to death, then the youngest (least influential!) citizen in that city is killed.
Players who die are encouraged to sign up again to get back in the game. I’m not going to automatically re-sign up players, because this is how I will weed out players who lose interest and disappear after signing up.

The Five Spheres of Influence
Each citizen has five types of influence that are used to vote on different things. A citizen’s influence increases as they get older.
• Local Influence
• Scientific Influence
• Economic Influence
• Cultural Influence
• Military Influence

Local Influence is a citizen’s influence within their city. Local influence is determined by the age of the city relative to the age of the other citizen’s in the city. Local influence is used for:
• Deciding what the city should produce
• Issuing orders to the city’s militia
• Deciding how to use Great Artists, Scientists, Engineers, Merchants generated by the city
• Deciding how to use their strategic resources (or allowing other cities to use them)
• Issuing instructions to the city’s workers
• Deciding which of the city’s citizens shall be awarded a new settler

Scientific Influence is determined by the citizen’s local influence and their city’s scientific output relative to the other cities’ scientific output. Scientific influence is used for:
• Deciding what the empire should research
• Deciding to declare friendship with or to denounce foreign nations

Economic Influence is determined by the citizen’s local influence and their city’s gold output relative to the other cities’ gold output. Economic influence is used for:
• Deciding how spend the empire’s gold, including:
o Purchasing Units
o Upgrading Units
o Purchasing Land
o Purchasing luxuries or strategic resources from other nations
o Giving gifts to city-states
o Research agreements
• Deciding how to trade excess luxuries

Cultural Influence is determined by the citizen’s local influence and their city’s cultural output relative to the other cities’ cultural output. Cultural influence is used for:
• Deciding what social policies to adopt
• Deciding whether to puppet or annex “kept” cities
• Deciding what foreign nations will be allowed within our borders
Spoiler What if my city has no cultural output? :
Then you have no cultural influence! Want some? Build some culture producing buildings or move to a city that has some.

Military Influence is determined by the citizen’s local influence and their city’s strength relative to the strength of the other cities. Military Influence is used for:
• Deciding to declare war or accept peace from foreign nations
• Assigning units received from allied city states to either a city or an army
• Issuing orders to Great Generals and their armies
• Deciding whether to liberate, raze or “keep” captured cities
• Assigning captured workers to a city
• Impose or repeal a draft

Daimyos
The oldest, and most influential, citizen in each city is the Daimyo. The Daimyo enjoys several special privileges.
• The Daimyo may call for a vote on matters within their influence.
• The Daimyo gets to assign citizens of the city to tiles or buildings. This may have a big impact on the type of influence the city has.
• Neither the Daimyo or anyone of his clan may be forcibly displaced from the city.
Of course, being the Daimyo isn’t all perks. The Daimyo may be the target of assassination attempts or political coups. When a Daimyo dies, the next oldest citizen in the city becomes the new Daimyo. If older citizen moves to the city, they immediately become the new Daimyo.
Spoiler What votes may Daimyos call? :
A Daimyo may only call for a vote on an issue he would get to vote on. A Daimyo cannot call for a vote regarding a local issue of another city. A Daimyo cannot call for a vote on a cultural issue if his city has no cultural output.

Spoiler What if two citizens are tied for oldest? :
Then the city is locked in a crippling power struggle! The city has no Daimyo until there is an oldest citizen. This means that no one can do any of the “Daimyo stuff” in the city. No one can call any votes; no one can assign citizens to settlers, etc. The city is in for a pretty rough time until the power struggle gets resolved!

Spoiler Can a Daimyo rearrange the citizen assignments to maximize influence on a vote? :
Yes, but after the vote he is stuck with those assignments until the next council session.

Moving to a Different City
Each player is represented by a citizen and therefore located in a specific city. Any two citizens may mutually agree to switch cities. Citizens may forcibly displace a younger citizen, as long as the younger citizen is not of the same clan as his city’s Daimyo.
Spoiler Can you displace a Daimyo? :
Not directly. However, if you are older than the Daimyo, and can get into the city by displacing a different citizen, then you would become the new Daimyo

Workers
Workers are controlled by the city that produces them (Local Influence Vote). Workers may only work within their home city, unless building a road between their home city and another city. Workers may be given to other cities.
Spoiler Can I assign a worker to complete an improvement in a neighboring city? :
Nope, you have to give the worker to the neighboring city. I’m sure they’ll be nice enough to give him back when the improvement is done…. Right?

Settlers
When a settler is produced, the city will vote on which of its citizens will control it. The chosen citizen will decide where to settle a new city and will become its first citizen. Settlers will never die from old age, but the citizen continues to age while controlling a settler. While controlling a settler, citizens have no influence of any type.
Spoiler Should I pick a spot with great resources in a poor location or a spot with poor resources in a great location? :
That’s up to the settler. Of course, there’s a big advantage to having good resources. On the other hand, you can always move to a different city (or get displaced!) so picking the spot you think will optimize your influence might not pay off after the second citizen is born in your new city. And don’t forget, time spent as a settler is basically “lost time” where you keep aging but have no influence. Spending 20 turns to reach that perfect spot on the far side of the empire might result in you dying of old age as soon as you get there!

Strategic Resources
Strategic resources are controlled by the city that generates them. They may only be used with that city’s permission (Local Influence Vote). This makes strategic resource cities very powerful, although not necessarily very influential. However, once permission is given for another city to use a strategic resource, it can not be rescinded. Once their use is over (the unit is killed or trade terms expire), control of the resources reverts back to the city that produces them. Strategic resources from trading may be used by any city. Cities must use up their own strategic resource before they can use the ones from trade.

City Militas
Each city has its own militia made up of the military units it’ produced. Cities may give their militia any of the following orders.
• Defend the city
• Attack enemy city/barbarian encampment
• Explore
• Give unit to friendly city, city-state or army
Spoiler Can we order our militia to defend a neighboring friendly city? :
Nope, but you can give them the units so they can defend themselves. They’ll probably give them back later….right?....right?

Great Generals and Armies
Each Great General leads an army controlled by the empire (Military Influence). The target size of their army is equal to 1 unit per city (do not include puppets). Military units are given to armies from city militias (Local Influence) or drafted. Great General’s may be given any of the following orders
• Defend any friendly city
• Explore
• Attack enemy city.
• Give units to a friendly city militia or city-state

Drafting Units
A draft may be imposed or repealed by national vote (Military Influence) as long as the empire has one or more armies below the target unit level. When the draft is in effect, any new units produced or given to the empire will have an X% chance of being drafted to fill an empty spot in a Great General’s army. The value of X% must be proposed by the Daimyo who calls for a vote to impose the draft. If no armies have empty spots, then new units will not be drafted. The draft remains in effect until repealed.

Capturing Cities
When enemy cities are captured, the citizens first votes (Military Influence Vote) on whether to “keep” the city, or whether to raze it (or liberate it if applicable). If the city is “kept”, then the citizens vote (Cultural Influence Vote) on whether to annex the city or turn it into a puppet. If a city is “kept”, then the unit that captured the city will remain in the city as part of its militia.

Assassination Attempts
Citizens may attempt to assassinate the Daimyo of their city. The odds of the attempt succeeding depend on the relative influence of the Daimyo and the Assassin. A military unit garrisoned in the city protects the Daimyo and reduces the chance of success. If the assassination attempt is successful, the Daimyo is killed. If unsuccessful, the would-be assassin is captured and executed.
Spoiler Will my assassination attempt succeed? :
The outcome of the attempt will be determined by random number. The odds of success are Assassin’s influence / (Daimyo’s Influence + Garrisoned Unit Strength). For assassination attempts use the local influence of Daimyo and Assassin as whole numbers.
Spoiler Example :
A city has two citizens, Mr. A age 10 and Mr. B age 4. Their local influences are Mr. A 71% and Mr. B 29%. Mr. A has all the power! But if Mr. B kills him, then Mr. B becomes the new Daimyo! His odds of success are 29/71 = 41%. But if Daimyo Mr. A keeps a spearman garrisoned for protection, the odds drop to 29/(71+7) = 36%.

Political Coups
Citizens may also try to remove their city’s Daimyo through a political coup. Any number of citizens in the city may support the coup. The odds of the coup succeeding depends on the total influence of participants of the coup, and the total influence of citizens who support the Daimyo. Any members of the Daimyo’s clan automatically support the Daimyo. A military unit garrisoned in the city supports the Daimyo. If the coup is successful, the Daimyo is ousted and killed. If unsuccessful, the leader of the coup (participant with the highest influence) is captured and executed.
Spoiler Will a coup succeed? :
The outcome of a coup attempt will be determined by random number. The odds of success are (Particpants’s influence) / (Daimyo’s Supporter’s Influence + Garrisoned Unit Strength). For coup attempts use the local influence of Daimyo and the participants as whole numbers.
Spoiler Example :
A city has 5 citizens, A-E, ages 25, 14, 7, 3, 1. Their influences are 50%, 28%, 14%, 6% and 2%, respectively. Mr.C wants to get rid of Daimyo A. He could try to assassinate him, but decides that his 28% chance of success is too risky. So Mr.C gets Mr.D to join his coup. Mr.E supports Daimyo A. Mr.B decides to sit back and watch – if the coup is successful, Mr.B becomes Daimyo, but if it fails, Mr.B doesn’t want to be executed for being the highest influence participant. So the odds of success for the coup are (14+6)/(50+2) = 38%, better than the assassination attempt!

Spoiler Who is the leader of a coup? :
The leader of the coup is the highest influence citizen who participates when the time comes to vote. The leader is not necessarily the person who declared the coup. Be careful when younger citizens try to pull you into their coups, they may be looking for a scapegoat!

Council Sessions
Every 10 turns or so, the game will stop for a council session where the players get to make decisions. The game will stop for an emergency council session anytime a citizen of more than 10% local influence dies, so that players may attempt to take advantage of any sudden power shifts. There will also be an emergency council session if there is a sudden game change, like a major power declaring war on us, etc.
Each council session will have twp parts.
During the first part, players declare what they want to do; change cities, start a coup, support a coup, attempt an assignation, etc. Daimyo’s may call for a vote, reassign citizen assignments, etc. Players may either make their declarations openly (by posting them to this thread for everyone to see) or secretly (by sending me a PM). The first part will last at least 24 hours.
Spoiler No conditional actions! :
I will not accept conditional statements on actions! Meaning you cannot “support a coup if so-and-so also supports the coup”. Work that stuff out with your fellow citizens before the council session. During the council session, you either support the coup or you don’t. Same goes for other actions.

During the Recess, I will resolve all the player actions. Actions will be resolved in order of oldest citizen first, with ties broken by highest local influence, and further ties broken by random number. If a citizen’s action is invalidated by an older citizen’s action, then their action becomes void. Updated citizen influence numbers will be posted. The Recess will last as long as it takes me to process the actions.
Spoiler When do coups get resolved? :
Coups are resolved at the point corresponding to the player who started the coup, which is not necessarily the highest influence supporter of the coup.

Spoiler What happens if there is change in Daimyo? :
It depends. The Daimyo’s actions are resolved in order of age like everyone elses. So if a citizen aged 10 assassinates a Daimyo aged 25, the Daimyo’s actions will have already been resolved before he was killed. However, if the citizen aged 10 was displaced by a citizen aged 40, that citizen is older than the Daimyo aged 25 and becomes the new Daimyo. When the resolution order reaches the original Daimyo aged 25, he is no longer Daimyo and any “Daimyo things” he wanted to do, like calling for votes, are no longer valid.

Spoiler Can a new Daimyo do Daimyo actions this council session? :
No, you can’t declare your intent to do Daimyo actions before you are the Daimyo. Turns out instable local governments may have trouble getting things done.

Spoiler What happens to a coup or assassination attempt if the Daimyo changes? :
A coup or assassination attempt is targeted against a specific Daimyo. If the Daimyo changes, the attempt no longer has a valid target

During the second part, citizens will get to cast their votes on any open items. As moderator, I will call for votes only where the game requires it, like what to research next or what to produce next. Any other votes must be called by a Daimyo, like what orders to give a city militia or a worker, or changing a research or production project before completion, or making any sort of agreement with a foreign power. The second part will last at least 24 hours.
Spoiler I’ve only got 1% influence, should I even bother to vote? :
Yes, because the guy(s) with the other 99% of the influence might not show up and then guess who just made the decision!

Spoiler What happens if a worker runs out of orders? :
The worker will do whatever he was ordered to do until he finishes, and then he will take a nap until the appropriate Daimyo calls a vote to give him new orders. You may want to queue up several tasks for the worker to prevent this from happening.

Victory!
The clan who meets their victory condition shall be the winners!
Of course, if Japan loses the game then we all lose together.

Inadequate Player Supply
I am hopeful there will be enough players to handle all the citizens. However, if the empire grows very big, we could run out. If/when that happens, players will be allowed to sign up for a second citizen of the same clan. Players with active citizens will be less likely to be selected for new citizens than players who do not have an active citizen.

Game Start
The game will start next week, as long as there is at least 1 player signed up for each of the 4 clans.

Final Disclaimer
I shall reserve the right to make minor adjustments to these rules as necessary throughout the game.

Good luck!

what's this all about? It's way too much to read so is there a concise version?

Unscratched the problem is you have to read it to understand the rules you can try to wing it and pickup the rules as we go along but in short its a game. Yahzuk runs it off his CIV 5 version but we control the action via a commitee that is formed from the population of each city.

@ unscratchedfoot - that is the concise version. skip all the stuff hidden behind the spoilers if you want less to read

Reminder that the first part of the council of T90 ends 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow

Since I haven't been born, I am going to start with a prequel. This will be the story of my parents in the game.

My father was born from a humble family in Kyoto. They were all farmers. The grandfather of my father had been one of the first generations of Japan. They were all patriotic, good citizens, but nor very literate. My father, however, changed that.

One day, my father was having a walk and passed infront of the palace. Rarely did he go around this area since he felt inferior and unworthy. He was very impressed by the all the people around there. They all wore luxurious, clean clothing. And they looked so soft and idle from the absence of working in the fields all day. As he stared in amazement, horns sounded and the soldiers made a passage for someone coming out of the palace. Then he realized who he was in the presence of. It was daimyo Ceskari (this was before he died). All the people around bowed, and he did the same.

Once the Daimyo left, and everyone went back to their business, my father continued to explore the city center. He then caught eye of a beautiful woman about his age. She was from a higher class, since she wore superior clothing. The woman turned around and caught my father looking at her. She smiled and walked away. My father, astonished by her beauty, realized something. This was the life he wanted. He wanted to live in these predigious homes, to dress proper clothing, and to marry the young woman he had just seen. He sat down and began to think how he could achieve that.

"Do you need anything?" A man asked my father. He also wore preper clothing and was idle.
"No, I am sorry if I disturbed you" My father said humbly."Actually, I do need advice. How can I get all of this? How can I be like you?"
"The key is through education," the man said and started to leave.
"What is your name, wise man?" my father asked as the man left.
"X starm X" he replied, and left.
My father thought on what the man had said, and planned his next move. He went on, not knowing the man he just talked to was going to be the future Daimyo of Kyoto...

(I hope its ok if I involve you guys in the story):)

Oni Yahzuk, I have a lot of work to do and therefore cannot participate. I ask that you take me off the waiting list.

The first part fo the council of T90 is now closed. During the recess, Jehoshua of the Bunka clan in Osaka displaces DefoesRightBoot of the Gaiko clan in Kyoto. The second part of the council of T90 is now in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.
Spoiler Revised Influence :

90-S-1: What shall our scientists research next?

(Daimyo Pouakai of Satsuma calls a vote to produce a warrior and a worker in Satsumo - being the only citizen there the vote will pass)

RETURN TO KYOTO

The Yamabushi sat in his house in Osaka. He did not like Osaka at all. There were no cultural activities the city being under the iron grip of the Shihai. All around him and the small Bunka enclave in which he resided was drunken rowdiness by night and military austerity by day. Even the cities one monument was simply a glorification of the cities founder Gethe, and in addition to being rather tasteless it simply was an annoyance to the sensei Jehoshua, he being the one who did the dirty work in incarcerating the man when he attempted to bring Shihai style totalitarianism to Kyoto.

And so the Sensei Jehoshua simply decided that if Osaka wouldn;t go, he would go instead, go right back into the cultural oasis of Kyoto, with its Great Library, giant stone circle and its soon to be completed Oracle (the appropriate seer being recently discovered chained to an impoverished peasant's fence).

Packing up his possessions and those of his household the Yamabushi moved back along with his servants to his house in Kyoto in a grand procession complete with an accompaniment of Komuso playing the Shakuhachi and escorted by Bunka ceremonial guard. His return attracted much attention with the Bunka contingent in Kyoto (still the dominant group) particularly joyous at his arrival. This soon precipitated demands for his ascension to the Kyoto Council which the daimyo (also a Bunka) happily acceded too.

However as a consequence of this glorious return the sensei defoesrightboot (presumably named after the earlier daimyo Defoesrightboot) was forced out (his previous support base amongst the Bunka being pivotal to his position). However he as a sensei could not be deposed from his position entirely (this being an ancient precept of the Kami) and so he was cast out and sent to Osaka to take the Yamabushi's previous position in that city and deal with its total lack of civilisation. (or sense of diplomacy;))

I vote to research

Construction

Our empire is chronically close to unhappiness, and the colloseum combined with the national wonder Circus Maximus shall alleviate those difficulties a great deal. This neccesity requires therefore in my opinion the research of this technology.

The goings and happenings of kyoto are too much. As captain of the guard, it is easy to see that daiymo's come and go as does influence in japan. The supposed gilded age of the bunka, in truth did nothing but hinder the other clans and was cut short. Even former strongholds of clans have been tainted by others. It seems turely that next nothing can be accomplished with all this squabbling. If only there was a way to do something about it.

When our cities are more numerous and their roles more defined then we can migrate around our empire to join our fellow clan members and pursue our goals.

Steel - the age of our domination can begin!

The Council of T90
Due to low voter turnout, the people of Japan choose to begin researching Construction with 13% support. Satsuma begins producing a warrior.

600 BC (T91)
Rodosha Shujin completes the deer camp in Osaka and moves to begin building a river farm.
Senshi Gado garrisons in Satsuma.
Spoiler Admin Note :

Apparently the game won’t let a unit stay in the city without garrisoning.

575 BC (T92)
Kyoto completes the Oracle and may choose a social policy. Kyoto begins producing a settler.
The city of Tokyo wants dyes.
Spoiler :

The first part of the council of T92 is in session until 22:00 GMT-5 tomorrow.
Mandatory Vote – Kyoto Local Influence
92-KL-1: What social policy shall be adopted from the Oracle?
Spoiler :

Spoiler Waiting List :

Top Bottom