Children of the Storm God - a "You Decide" story of the Isle of Man

Originally posted by Switch625
Where are we re: victory conditions? It looks like domination or conquest is doable, at this point. What is our culture rating? How about tech?
Domination and conquest are both doable. Our culture rating is 21933 in 1260 AD. Nobody is, or will get, close to half of Manx's culture so it would just be a waiting game until 100000 was reached. The Manx economy rules the world. That means Manx rules the technology of the world. Spaceship is a definite possibility. Wales and Cornwall both adore Man. Ireland is also favorable. Wales is the 2nd largest so would go against Man in the UN. Cornwall will vote Manx and Ireland is a maybe. Worse UN result should be a tie.

Current tech is a line to Electronics (Hoover Dam). Theory of Evolution will be finished in 2 turns in Castletown (that's why it was absolutely critical that Castletown not be taken - huge production investment would have been lost). That will take us to Electronics and Orkney will build the Dam (has been prebuilding Battlefield Medecine). We have infantry (from Wales) and Sanitation but very little else of industrial technology.

[EDIT] Rockin chapter, Shaitan! I think you are the best storyteller at Civfanatics (which is no slight to the other good storytellers out there). [/B]
Aw, gee...:blush:
Thanks! :jump:

From the map, it looks like Man would assimilate most of Ireland peacfully, given enough time.

I'm inclinded to vote for a peaceful endgame. Build the UN, and bribe the shiitake out of everyone just before the vote.

Peace and pleasure my people...

Being Irish, I'm not all that keen on subduing the green guys. But that's just me. I'd say go for the diplomatic, or cultural, victory. Although that may be really boring in gamplay terms, think how much fun you could have writing the final chapter...

Originally posted by wilboman
Peace and pleasure my people...

Being Irish, I'm not all that keen on subduing the green guys. But that's just me. I'd say go for the diplomatic, or cultural, victory. Although that may be really boring in gamplay terms, think how much fun you could have writing the final chapter...

We've got a tie-breaker! That's 2 to 1 in favor of a peaceful victory. Ireland is spared. I'll play and post the next chapter asap.

Top Bottom