China reacts angrily to new US arms deal with Taiwan

15-20 years which, assuming all of its current SAM and AAM inventories are brand spanking new as of this very moment, is when most of its anti air and anti ship munitions will expire.

Most of their military radars will be inoperable within a few years without US part support.

What, you thought they just had to push the upgrade button or something?

So why on Earth did the US decide to do this at a time when they are seeking Chinese support for sanctions on Iran, knowing full well that China would be annoyed? how stupid can you get???

Normally it wouldn't be, but in your flailing you stated "Ye have a track record as long as Rasputin's flute of sponsoring whomever it is convenient, right-wing antidemocratic, Islamic fundamentalist psycopaths or not. the idea that the Us has the moral high ground is utterly laughable, and if you aren't aware of that you have no idea of how the world works."

The real question is why is any of that relevant when we are talking about the US supporting a "nation of several dozen million people living in what is by any standard used a first world liberal western democracy who happens to have been at complete peace for sixty years."

So how is it relevant to what we are talking about???

You see RRW, your quaint redirect asside the point is we are not discussing the US standing up for a convienent, right wing antidemocratic, Islamic fundamentalist, Nazi, Romulan, Communst :)mischief: ) or whatever other random irrelevant boogie man you want to make up. They are standing up for a nation of several dozen million people living in what is by any standard used a first world liberal western democracy who happens to have been at complete peace for sixty years. Why you find something wrong with that is beyond anyone here.

OK, Patroklos, I'm going to set you a little test. I've just admitted to being wrong in another thread, lets see if you can do the same.

you have obviously decided, once again, that you know exactly what I am thinking, even though it's not what I have written. you have decided to challenge my moral objection to this arms deal, even though that moral objection does not exist. You have not noticed that I am questioning the timing and strategic value of this deal, and not the morality. So read back over the thread, show me where I said it was 'wrong' in the moral sense, for the US to do this deal with Taiwan, quote it, or else just admit you misinterpreted my point.

come on, don't disappoint me. its not that big a deal if you got the wrong end of the stick. you already know I have no love for the PRC, so do the math.

Lets put it this way. Taiwan is like Ireland, on about 100x more important. I am really starting to get the idea that you just don't know what Taiwan is. Just for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China#Government

More than 100x as important I'd say, but unlike Ireland, Taiwan's economy isnt collapsing, so there really arent many similarities.
Learn a little bit about the millions of prosperous people living free lives under a democratic government before you decide to sell them down the river to score points with a few tyrant thugs.

When have i ever said that the US is morally wrong to support Taiwan? When have ever advocated selling them down the river? I neve rhave, and before you accuse me of it, back it up. you wont be able to though, cause I dont. you are seeing things that arent there.

As for Georgia, it doesn't qualify for several of the descripters I used which should make any rational person wonder why you would force such a comparison. In any case, when Taiwan intentionally pokes a regional hegemon via offensive military action let me know and we can pretend there is a relevant connection :)

Fair enough, good to see you have accepted Georgia started that war too. you score points with me here (I know that's very important to you:mischief:)
:lol:

They are, and they are much smarter commies than you are. You see, communists who are in a position to actually exercise their ideology log ago realized it was just some dressed up mumbo jumbo. Thats why every singe "communist" nation on earth that has ever existed has become anything but.

Has become anything but communist? So there has never been any communist countries? then how can the PRC be communists? you are getting really, really muddled here

Its really cute that you and people like Chezzy labor under the illusion that communism can exist anywhere but your daydreams but people far smarter, motivated, and dedicated than you and more importanly with the power to impliment it have decided against it at every turn.

Here you say communism cannot exist outside daydreams
China, Cuba, Russia, NK, these are exactly what communism applies looks like.

Here you say it has existed in reality. Baffling.

Top Bottom