China teen seen as hero for killing local official

Assign the minimum sentence would be the best thing

The fact that he was a paid assassin tips me over the edge. Being such is incompatible with nobility of motive. If it was the 35-year-old farmer himself who'd done the deed, I'd have much more sympathy.
This.

I dont know how complains againist corrupt officials work. Last time when I saw news from china it was about secret prisons where people who protested were tortured for months.

I don't see how this murder could actually be justified. The guy was corrupt, stole land, and payed thugs to harass those that resisted him, but paying a teenager to kill him is not how you should deal with it.

Uh, so how do you propose they deal with it? Vote him out of office?

Maybe paying someone to essentially take the fall for you is morally unacceptable, but you seem to be talking about the killing itself.

I don't see how this murder could actually be justified. The guy was corrupt, stole land, and payed thugs to harass those that resisted him, but paying a teenager to kill him is not how you should deal with it.

Because such people have no right to be considered human. Slaughter them all. :ar15:

It probably would've been best for his family if he just backed down. It may make someone feel weak but it is certainly better than putting your family at risk, and ruining the lives of other people.

How, pray, do you suggest he deal with it?

Remember now, this is China.

They already tried the peaceful method
The elder Zhang was reportedly routinely detained on trumped up charges ever since he led a group of farmers to seek the help of provincial authorities after Li razed 28 acres of trees belonging to them without permission or compensation in 2003.

Yeah, just back down and let the corrupt official rule over you and all your neighbours like a feudal king, burning your land and throwing you in jail whenever he feels like it.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

the farmer should have payed more money, could have got an assasin that wouldnt get caught.

How, pray, do you suggest he deal with it?

Remember now, this is China.

They already tried the peaceful method

Yeah, just back down and let the corrupt official rule over you and all your neighbours like a feudal king, burning your land and throwing you in jail whenever he feels like it.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How he should've dealt with it? He shouldn't have tried to deal with it, when your are one weak farmer and there is a powerful official pushing you around, you either take it or get more power. He didn't do either and now a teenager will be executed, and I doubt he and his family will get a free pass. And what if the assassination failed? How do you think a corrupt official would act if he finds out a farmer paid a kid to kill him?

Uh, so how do you propose they deal with it? Vote him out of office?

Maybe paying someone to essentially take the fall for you is morally unacceptable, but you seem to be talking about the killing itself.

Because you don't attempt to kill someone who could easily cover the deaths of many. He was a corrupt official, but all he did was make farmers angry. If the assassination failed, the angry farmers could just mysteriously disappear one day.

How he should've dealt with it? He shouldn't have tried to deal with it, when your are one weak farmer and there is a powerful official pushing you around, you either take it or get more power.

I hate to rain on your parade (actually I don't but w/e) but this is Communist China. The Offical was the biggest baddest guy on the block, and the attempt to go higher failed. There is no where for the farmer to go. He can't get more power. What else was he supposed to do, raise a lynch mob?

Oh and regarding the "make farmers angry" comment, did you read the article? He siezed land, hired thugs to beat people, extorted money and generally made their lives hell. All that the farmers "dissapearance" would do, is change where their lives are being made hell, and eventually make the higher ups in the communist party wonder why their is a couple hundred acres of land with nobody living there.

I hate to rain on your parade (actually I don't but w/e) but this is Communist China. The Offical was the biggest baddest guy on the block, and the attempt to go higher failed. There is no where for the farmer to go. He can't get more power. What else was he supposed to do, raise a lynch mob?

Oh and regarding the "make farmers angry" comment, did you read the article? He siezed land, hired thugs to beat people, extorted money and generally made their lives hell. All that the farmers "dissapearance" would do, is change where their lives are being made hell, and eventually make the higher ups in the communist party wonder why their is a couple hundred acres of land with nobody living there.

I know it is Communist China, and I know that many officials would love to turn in another corrupt official for more power. He should have either gone to them or do what the other thousands of angry farmers did, and not put his family and friends at risk.

It was their choice to make their lives hell, if he steals land and no one had the power to fight him, then they should've just let him take the land. It's better than making an enemy to an offical of Communist China.

Because you don't attempt to kill someone who could easily cover the deaths of many. He was a corrupt official, but all he did was make farmers angry. If the assassination failed, the angry farmers could just mysteriously disappear one day.

I know it is Communist China, and I know that many officials would love to turn in another corrupt official for more power. He should have either gone to them or do what the other thousands of angry farmers did, and not put his family and friends at risk.

It was their choice to make their lives hell, if he steals land and no one had the power to fight him, then they should've just let him take the land. It's better than making an enemy to an offical of Communist China.

Huh? So your idea of dealing with oppression is never to fight it lest it results in more oppression?

Where are you from, if I may ask?

i know it is communist china, and i know that many officials would love to turn in another corrupt official for more power. He should have either gone to them or do what the other thousands of angry farmers did, and not put his family and friends at risk.

for the millionth time, he tried that and it failed.

it was their choice to make their lives hell, if he steals land and no one had the power to fight him, then they should've just let him take the land. It's better than making an enemy to an offical of communist china.

wtf you talkin' bout boi :mad: :splat:

Spoiler :
France :mischief:

They should have contacted the good people of Skidmore, MO to do the deed. They know how to keep a secret.

The murder is unacceptable of course. The citizens should have reported his corruption to higher levels. It's my understanding that the good people of the Politburo of the PRC like to make examples of corrupt officials.

You realized that reporting to higher levels would have done absolutely nothing.

Huh? So your idea of dealing with oppression is never to fight it lest it results in more oppression?

If somebody wants to deal with oppression then they need power to back themselves up. If they don't have any power then they would just be throwing their lives and the lives of others away.

And I'm from the USA.

If somebody wants to deal with oppression then they need power to back themselves up. If they don't have any power then they would just be throwing their lives and the lives of others away.

And I'm from the USA.

Power grows out of the barrel of a gun. ~ Mao

or in this case a knife.

And I'm from the USA.

Therefore, he should raise a giant lynch mob. That gives him power. Brilliant.

If I have a shotgun and you don't have one, I am more powerful than you.

Meh he only killed a commie, and if killing commies is wrong who wants to be right.

Power grows out of the barrel of a gun. ~ Mao

or in this case a knife.

The kid was just lucky the official was alone, if the official had bodyguards(which anyone powerful and corrupt should have) then the assassination would've failed. The kid be interrogated, he tells them everything. They go to farmer, execute him and a few friends and families, beat the wives and daughters, and go back to being a corrupt official.

The kid was just lucky the official was alone, if the official had bodyguards(which anyone powerful and corrupt should have) then the assassination would've failed. The kid be interrogated, he tells them everything. They go to farmer, execute him and a few friends and families, beat the wives and daughters, and go back to being a corrupt official.

Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.

And what about the people who didn't try but still get executed?

I think it's safe to say he had their unofficial support.

More than 20,000 people from the coal-mining area petitioned a court for a lenient sentence.

"I wanted to kill Li myself, but I was too weak."

Top Bottom