China (v85)

Shron

Chieftain
Played a large fraction of a China game on Prince. Here is some feedback:
- The right move appears to be to found my capital one tile to the right, with sea access (Tianjin). It just doesn't make sense for me to found Beijing on the tile my settler starts on.
- It was very easy to conquer Korea with Triremes just after they spawned. Other than the stability hit, there is almost no cost if you have 3-4 triremes already. I'm not sure if this is a problem that needs solving, more of an observation.

When the mongols spawned, their army was BY FAR the largest in the world. My first thought was "welp, I'm dead. Guess I underestimated the mongol horde."
mongols-2.JPG

But then they didn't really attack me. Several turns went by of them not attacking my actual cities, just raiding and killing units, until I was able to stabilize.
survived.JPG

Interesting to note:
- Egypt was the largest superpower other than me in the game. They even made a few colonies:
egypt.JPG

Notes on stability:
- It's hard to tell exactly what contributes to each stability score, as someone who didn't read the code. Some numbers or calculations shown, like with happiness or other stats, could help players understand it better.
- Does raising taxes on a sector ever negatively impact stability score? It was always "estimated 0 stability points lost" for me.

Does that mean that the 5-turn plans have no positive effects on stability either? (So the tab should be ignored by players for now)

I noticed a strong lack of mongol presence in my games too. In my Greece playthrough they barely participated except for sweeping up some city states, and even though both china and russia were struggling they seemed to leave them alone. In my india playthrough I think they mustve either not spawned or been wiped out pretty quickly.

Edit: I didn't notice any unit imbalance that would contribute to this. I didn't notice a lot of strong siege units per se but they still spawned with plenty to wipe out china/japan/korea in a short amount of time but simply didn't.

consider also that presence is not always granted. Depending on which civ you choose, they will never show up as opponent, and are just replaced by an Independent Asian city (and periodical barbarian spawns)

No they had a good amount of various units; swordsman, keshiks, catapults, you can see it in one of the pictures. I'm really not sure why they didn't attack my cities.

I saw a strong Mongolia once. They conquered China, central asia and south eas asia. Also they razed a city in India and conquered a city in Russia. They lasted until 1800 or so when China respawned. I think it was my Arabia game.

Top Bottom