- Chinese 101 (Simplified characters)

gangleri2001

Garbage day!!!
DA ROOLZ

This is a thread for people who want to practice Chinese here in OT (because it has become some sort of our internet home or any other reason). However, every post has to follow the following rules:

1. The general rules of OT and CFC, of course.
  2. Every single post must be bilingual (Chinese and English). In order to make it look an Chinese-only thread (so people who is learning Chinese don't cheat and read the English version first) is strongly recommended to put the English verison in spoiler tags.
  3. In order to avoid posts full of corrections (which make, in fact, this thread unreadable) of previous posts, put please the corrections also in spoiler tags.
  4. If you're a native speaker or don't want to be corrected, say it so.

IMPORTANT:
How to write chinese characters with Windows

欢迎到汉语一零一(简体字),OT的地方你可以练习汉语。因为多数在学汉语的外国人都学简体字,我们用简体字,但如果你想写繁体字,你也让写繁体字。现在我们需要以汉语为母言的人。我知道aronnax是新加坡人,但我们也需要大陆人和台湾人。如你认识个中国人或者台湾人的用户,问他如果他想参加在这个thread。

顺便说一下,人们怎么说thread用汉语?

Spoiler :
Welcome to Chinese 101 (simplified characters), the place of OT where you can practice Chinese. Since the majority of foreigners that learn chinese study simplified characters, we use simplified characters, but if you want to write traditional characters, you are also allowed to write them. Now we need native speakers of Chinese. I know that aronnax is singaporean, but we also need people from mainland China and Taiwan. If you know a chinese or taiwanese user, ask him if he wants to take part in this thread.

BTW, how do you say "thread" in Chinese?

有人会解释了的用法吗 ?
Spoiler :
Can somebody explain how to use 了 ?

We already had several lessons only about the use of this particle and it still confuses me.
I know what it's used for in most cases, but still have trouble with the sentence structure. When using it as a past tense I'm often not sure if I should write it at the end of a sentence or right after the verb.

好表象。

Spoiler :
Good idea

My Chinese is very limited after taking a few classes during the year. I'm still a bit lost on sentence structure. Major problem as far as reading characters online is concerned; is there a way to increase the size of the font for chinese characters without increasing the size for the Roman alphabet? I can't make out all but the simplest characters without increasing the page magnification to the point where only a few English words fit across the screen.

Also, any applications that can be recommended? I use the Mozilla tool Chinese Pera-Kun but it's very limited. For example, it translates 吗?
Spoiler :
denotes a question, I believe
in the above post as morphine.

这我未来念书。

Spoiler :
I will read this.

Hey Gangleri

2. Every single post must be bilingual (Spanish and English). In order to make it look an Spanish-only thread (so people who is learning Spanish don't cheat and read the English version first) is strongly recommended to put the English verison in spoiler tags.
Fix the Spanish bits :p

I may need the romanization of Chinese/Mandarin. I can only recognize a few characters that are shared in the Japanese Writing system. (Yes I know Mandarin and Japanese are two different languages!! However they both share some characters)

有人会解释了的用法吗 ?
Spoiler :
Can somebody explain how to use 了 ?

We already had several lessons only about the use of this particle and it still confuses me.
I know what it's used for in most cases, but still have trouble with the sentence structure. When using it as a past tense I'm often not sure if I should write it at the end of a sentence or right after the verb.

"了" (le 4) has no actual meaning in the Chinese Language. It is basically a grunt or sound that chinese speakers put at the end of a sentence to "complete" questions and answers. It is usually paired with the character 吗 (ma 1) for questions. Of course the word can be paired with several other characters to form actual words but in the general case this is how it works.

(=p Dont have Chinese Character writer on this PC)

ni zhou dao 了吗? (Have you done it?)

wo zhou dao 了 (I have done it.)

ni chi fan 了吗? (Have you eaten?)

wo chi 了 fan. (You have eaten.)

I may need the romanization of Chinese/Mandarin. I can only recognize a few characters that are shared in the Japanese Writing system. (Yes I know Mandarin and Japanese are two different languages!! However they both share some characters)

Any romanisation of the Chinese Language fails miserarly. While Han yu pin yi is useful for the beginning Chinese student to study the language, there will never be a Chinese language base on roman characters.

The Japanese and Chinese scripts share similar characters. But even then are their pronunciation and meaning way different.

Any romanisation of the Chinese Language fails miserarly. While Han yu pin yi is useful for the beginning Chinese student to study the language, there will never be a Chinese language base on roman characters..
Well how on Earth am I suppost to read these characters!!!? :run:

DA ROOLZ

This is a thread for people who want to practice Chinese here in OT (because it has become some sort of our internet home or any other reason). However, every post has to follow the following rules:

1. The general rules of OT and CFC, of course.
  2. Every single post must be bilingual (Chinese and English). In order to make it look an Chinese-only thread (so people who is learning Spanish don't cheat and read the English version first) is strongly recommended to put the English verison in spoiler tags.
  3. In order to avoid posts full of corrections (which make, in fact, this thread unreadable) of previous posts, put please the corrections also in spoiler tags.
  4. If you're a native speaker or don't want to be corrected, say it so.

IMPORTANT:
How to write chinese characters with Windows

欢迎到汉语一百一(简体字),OT的地方你可以练习汉语。因为多数在学汉语的外国人都学简体字,我们用简体字,但如果你想写繁体字,你也让写繁体字。现在我们需要以汉语为母言的人。我知道aronnax是新加坡人,但我们也需要大陆人和台湾人。如你认识个中国人或者台湾人的用户,问他如果他想参加在这个thread。

顺便说一下,人们怎么说thread用汉语?

Spoiler :
Welcome to Chinese 101 (simplified characters), the place of OT where you can practice Chinese. Since the majority of foreigners that learn chinese study simplified characters, we use simplified characters, but if you want to write traditional characters, you are also allowed to write them. Now we need native speakers of Chinese. I know that aronnax is singaporean, but we also need people from mainland China and Taiwan. If you know a chinese or taiwanese user, ask him if he wants to take part in this thread.

BTW, how do you say "thread" in Chinese?

你好,你的汉语不错,至少比下面其他几个跟帖的好很多。:crazyeye:
你是在哪儿学习的?
不过,你的帖子标题不太对劲,101在这种语境下应当读作一零一,而非一百一。
在汉语中,我们把thread称为“帖子”,把original poster(在这里就是你)叫做“楼主”,在别人发的帖子中post,则是“跟帖”。

Spoiler :
Hi, gangleri2001.
Your Chinese is quite good, at least much better than any other non-native speaker in this thread. Where did you learn it?
But there's a little problem in the thread's title. In this context, 101 can not be translated as 一百一, instead, it should be 一零一.
In Chinese, we call thread “帖子”, and original poster as “楼主”, and the act to post in a thread started by others as 跟帖.

为什么?

Spoiler :
For what reason?

无意冒犯,但是你在该帖子中先前说过的两句中文句子,一点儿也无法理解,大多数翻译软件的结果都是这样。我和pharq都是中国人,我想他跟我有一样的感觉,所以才会说他被"shocked". Good idea 可以翻译为 "好主意"或者"好想法","I will read this" 应当是“我来读一下这个”。
Spoiler :
No offence, but the two Chinese sentences you posted earlier in this thread makes little sence in Chinese. Most translation softwares have such problem. Both pharq and me are Chinese, I think he feel the same with them, thus he said he was "shocked".
Good idea can be translated to "好主意"或者"好想法","I will read this" should be “我来读一下这个”。

你是在哪儿学习的?

Spoiler :
Hi, gangleri2001.
Your Chinese is quite good, at least much better than any other non-native speaker in this thread. Where did you learn it?
But there's a little problem in the thread's title. In this context, 101 can not be translated as 一百一, instead, it should be 一零一.
In Chinese, we call thread “帖子”, and original poster as “楼主”, and the act to post in a thread started by others as 跟帖.

Both threads and posts are referred as “帖子” in online communities.

中文翻译到英文太难了, 因为句子的结构很不同。
Spoiler :
Chinese to English tranlation is very hard, because the sentence structure is so different.

"了" (le 4) has no actual meaning in the Chinese Language. It is basically a grunt or sound that chinese speakers put at the end of a sentence to "complete" questions and answers. It is usually paired with the character 吗 (ma 1) for questions. Of course the word can be paired with several other characters to form actual words but in the general case this is how it works.

(=p Dont have Chinese Character writer on this PC)

ni zhou dao 了吗? (Have you done it?)

wo zhou dao 了 (I have done it.)

ni chi fan 了吗? (Have you eaten?)

wo chi 了 fan. (You have eaten.)

Yes, that's to indicate some action lies in the past and/or has been completed, but it's also used to convey a strong emotion or surprise and in all these cases it's used at the end of a sentence. But it's also used to indicate a situation has changed or is changing and there's cases when you use it right after the verb [我看书了以后...after I was reading the book...) or after the verb and at the end of a sentence when you started doing something in the past and are still doing it like 我学汉语学了一年了 (I have been learning Chinese for a year now).
Those are things that I've more or less understood but every once in a while I see 了in a sentence and have no idea why it's there.

多谢!

Spoiler :
Thank you very much!

你是在哪儿学习的?

在大学的翻译系。就是我该承认我的汉语没有那么好因为这是个非常难的语言。

Spoiler :
At the translation faculty of the university. But I have to acknowledge that my Chinese is not that good because it's a really hard language.

真的?你怎么发音101?一百一还是一零一?我觉得是一百一,对吗?

Spoiler :
Really? How do you pronounce 101? 一百一 (yibaiyi) or 一零一 (yilingyi)? I think it's 一百一 (yibaiyi), right?

但plarq说帖子有两个意思,真的假的?

Spoiler :
But plarq says that 帖子 (tiezi) has both meanings, is it true?

我是迷茫的。

Spoiler :
I'm confused :crazyeye:.
私は困惑します :crazyeye:。

Top Bottom