Cho-Ko-Nu - the best UU?

Heroes

Heroes of Might and Magic
Maybe it's time to debate for UUs! :D

I would say Chinese UU Cho-Ko-Nu is the best, and better than others by a large margin. Collateral damage! Two first strikes! +50% vs. melee units! Looks almost too good to be true. Using a stack of Cho-Ko-Nu and maybe a few cats, you can destroy any enemy stack of units who are of similar or slightly higher strength (at least musketman). Of course, other UUs can also fight more advanced enemies, but they need a lot more cats to support.

Any comment? :)

Don't forget that 50% against melee is the standard advantage of the crossbowman.

Cyberian said:
Don't forget that 50% against melee is the standard advantage of the crossbowman.

Sure it is. But collateral and 2 first strikes are just terrific. Simply attack one by one, you have a good chance to win the 1st battle, and better and better chance to win the following ones.

Yes it is great.

But speaking of collateral damage I have a question.

I am a bit confused if collateral damage damages cities also. I don't mean fortification bonuses but city buildings and population. I am not sure but I think not.

No, it doesn't. But if you manage to take the city, I think that destroys some of the buildings.

Of course, razing a city destroys all of the buildings and population!

The best is by far roman . Give you abosolute control when its needed , i mean at the begening .

Yeah, the roman UU is insane. I completely destroyed the world with them; didn't upgrade until I was on the last civ, and they went straight to riflemen. (135 gold to give them 50% vs melee is a waste.)

Khaim said:
Yeah, the roman UU is insane. I completely destroyed the world with them; didn't upgrade until I was on the last civ, and they went straight to riflemen. (135 gold to give them 50% vs melee is a waste.)

yea but you forgot the upgrade to maceman , they are VERY good .

I'm in love with Panzers myself. Those things absolutely dominate in the industrial era.

I've found myself on the bad end of Jaguars also, a good rush with them is scary.

Mat777 said:
yea but you forgot the upgrade to maceman , they are VERY good .

That's what my comment about 50% vs melee was about. And no, it's not good, it's actually fairly useless. When you have 20 elite swordsmen with city raider III running around, spending your entire treasury to give them 50% vs melee isn't such a great idea. After all, most defenders are archers.

Top Bottom