Chocolate-Filled Center Hidden Inside a Crunchy Shell

steveg700

Deity
A cute little surprise happened once my border's finally crept into this mountain range. How do you guys feel about hollow mountain ranges with no way inside? At least now we can eventually bore through.

upload_2019-7-29_0-37-49.png

Well I've not seen a spawn like that before

I don't mind Mountain enclaves like that, but this spawn is really wasted: No way to get adjacency to those sweet mountain niches nor to the natural wonder.

With good city placement, you can get 3 national parks from that formation, but yeah, definitely a waste of good chocolate.

at least you weren't born in there

But yeah, makes Spain's search for a legendary Seven Cities of Gold seem a bit silly, eh? Many a brave explorer has been lost in an even more dubious (but more rewarding) search for the mythical Chocolate Hills of Sinai.

Last edited:
With good city placement, you can get 3 national parks from that formation, but yeah, definitely a waste of good chocolate.

Depending on city ownership, there are enough mountains that you could probably get all 4 Chocolate tiles in separate NPs.

Yeah, I'm playing for a science victory, so I don't care about parks so much. I actually bought some tiles just for screenshotting purposes. I'll be scum-saving those away.

I thought I was going to watch a delicious cake, you made me hungry you evil person

at least you weren't born in there

But yeah, makes Spain's search for a legendary Seven Cities of Gold seem a bit silly, eh? Many a brave explorer has been lost in an even more dubious (but more rewarding) search for the mythical Chocolate Hills of Sinai.

I mean, they are just hills that turn brown during parts of the year, right? Picturesque surely, but wondrous...?

Those fully enclosed mountain walls always get me - I end up wasting gold to buy one of the mountain tiles just to see what’s inside. Usually just another mountain - never found a wonder inside!

Huh. I didn't think of that. Good point.

Can a tunnel be removed? Build a tunnel, move in 4 naturalists, remove it, and build the parks?

Kind of unnecessary, sure. But if I had that map, I'd try to make it happen, just to see it.

No, I ruined an incan tourism victory by spamming their tunnels early in the game. I assume regular tunnels are the same

Top Bottom