• Animal Husbandry

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mathematics

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Gentlemen

Three technologies have come up as a result of our discussions on technology plan, and as a major grouping has supported a decision on the following issues in line with the other plans, we are now holding a poll on the matter.

The options are (ranked alphabetically):

Alphabet
Animal Husbandry
Mathematics

I still think there is something to be said that we might need to hear what other teams say they are researching. Complete curveballs = no one going to trade with us yet could be tough.

All together though I would be fine with Alphabet, because we probably will contact 5 if not all 6 teams by then, and so I am confident that if we were willing to be open to trade with anyone, someone will come forward with a good offer. If our near neighbors aren't going to be cooperative that could be rough but we could probably still make something out of Alphabet, and it's not like it hurts to have it in the end.

At this moment in time I would say Alphabet.

But I'm not going to vote in this poll because I think it's too soon to decide. We have like a week before Writing will be done. So what if we all vote for Alpha but then discover CDZ, Mavericks or a new potential trade partner are already well on the way to it? Do we stubbornly research Alpha because a poll in binding? That would be silly.

Lets wait for things to unfold naturally.

Sorry to throw a wrench into the works... I voted before having caught up on all the discussion.

I agree that it may be too early to decide, but at least in broad strokes, I'd like to see Math before Alphabet so we can chop forests with the bonus.. But does Math kill Stonehenge? I've never built it, so I have no idea. If Math kills it, then I'd vote for Alphabet. But otherwise, I think we need to boost production now, not research.

Alphabet is time critical, as we need to trade techs before CDZ (work boat heading west) and Mavericks meet, so please Peter Grimes, read a bit more on the discussions, and come back for a new reply. We virtually got no workers to chop the same forests, so the Mathematician supporters have been a bit inconsequential in asking for math, but a non-complementary build-plan.

Alphabet may allow us to backfill military resources, so we can designate more proper worker actions.

To Answer your question: Math doesn't obsolete Stonehenge. We are good until we tech Astronomy.

I don't actually think trading before CDZ and Mavericks meet is actually the end-all be-all of things by the way. We'll have contact with a couple others who in turn will have contact with who knows... If we do manage to get techs out of CDZ and Mavericks to our advantage that's good, however again it's not a guarantee. Mavericks could send a boat our way and meet CDZ before we can stop them, or it could not matter at all.

We might even consider in 4-5 turns/after another message or two mentioning to CDZ that we made another contact. If we never mention we have contact it will look like we've been hiding things, we could mention eventually that "hey, guess what, we made another contact" and they might even think that was around the right timing.

However, Alphabet next would mean we have Alphabet quite early so it works out in any case. But if something comes up, getting another tech then Alphabet probably still gives us time to work with 3, 4, 5 other teams - we'll still have more contact than most people. For instance India and the civ on the other side of CDZ will never have contact soon enough no matter what, we still have advantages like that.

Alphabet, definitely. We need those tech trades!

Top Bottom