Choose 12 wonders you most want to see included in the DLCs and the first expansion of Civ6

Choose 12 wonders you most want to see included in the DLCs and the first expansion of Civ6

• Akshardham Temple

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Angkor Wat

Votes: 72 59.5%
  • Borobudur

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Brandenburg Gate

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Cairo Citadel

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Church of Saint George (Lalibela)

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • CN Tower

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • El Escorial

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Empire State Building

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Great Mosque of Djenne

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • Himeji Castle

Votes: 60 49.6%
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa

Votes: 44 36.4%
  • Kremlin

Votes: 52 43.0%
  • Louvre

Votes: 50 41.3%
  • Machu Picchu

Votes: 84 69.4%
  • Mausoleum of Halicarnassus

Votes: 34 28.1%
  • Mount Rushmore

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Neuschwanstein

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • Notre Dame

Votes: 65 53.7%
  • Parthenon

Votes: 48 39.7%
  • Pentagon

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • Porcelain Tower

Votes: 27 22.3%
  • St. Peter's Basilica

Votes: 38 31.4%
  • Statue of Liberty

Votes: 65 53.7%
  • Statue of Zeus

Votes: 50 41.3%
  • Taj Mahal

Votes: 81 66.9%
  • Temple of Artemis

Votes: 48 39.7%
  • Temple of Solomon

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • Uffizi

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Others. What?

Votes: 19 15.7%

• Total voters

Xandinho

Deity
What are your favorite wonders? Choose your 12 favorite wonders that you most want to see included in the DLCs and the first expansion, if some of your wonders are not in the poll, suggest them on the comments.
I have chosen the most famous wonders that are still outside, I may have forgotten some, but I believe these are the most iconics.
I purposely left the Great Wall and the Sistine Chapel outside, these apparently will not be included as Wonders in this edition of the game.

How do you know the Sistine Chapel won't be included in Civ6? Because of Michelangelo being a Great Artist?

I pick the twelve wonders I find interesting or representative of a culture among the group. Angkor Wat, Borobudur, Great Mosque of Djenne, Himeji Castle, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Kremlin, Machu Picchu, Notre Dame, Parthenon, Porcelain Tower, Statue of Liberty, and Taj Mahal. I'm guessing some of these will be released with DLC civs. Machu Picchu and the Incas, Borobudur and Indonesia, Great Mosque of Djenne and Mali, etc.

How do you know the Sistine Chapel won't be included in Civ6? Because of Michelangelo being a Great Artist?
I am assuming that the Sistine Chapel will not be included in civ6 because the wonder factor of this building is its interior, which can not be shown by means of a video showing only the external construction. Without showing your ceiling, you will not be able to attest to its wonder effect. Unless the developers create a construction video of the Sistine Chapel similar to civ4.
Or create a mechanic of associating Michelangelo with the Sistine Chapel

I am assuming that the Sistine Chapel will not be included in civ6 because the wonder factor of this building is its interior, which can not be shown by means of a video showing only the external construction. Without showing your ceiling, you will not be able to attest to its wonder effect. Unless the developers create a construction video of the Sistine Chapel similar to civ4.
Or create a mechanic of associating Michelangelo with the Sistine Chapel

Ok, fair enough.

I feel like some of these missing wonders will be released with new Civs. Machu Picchu and the Incas, for example.

The Palace of the Parliament/Peoples House/Casa Poporului should be at least considered for a spot in the game. It could fit the role The Pentagon had(on the other side of the Cold War) to make the games wonders less USA-centric.

A few not on the list i'd love to see, such as the Shwedagon in present day Myanmar,Masada in present day Israel and Malbork Castle.

Isn't the Parthenon sorta represented by the Greek Unique District already?

There are some good classics on this list, like Taj Mahal and the Kremlin. I would love to see some new wonders not considered in prior incarnations of Civ. I enjoyed the addition of Potola Palace and Great Zimbabwe this time around, and would hope the developers had a few out-of-the-box wonders like that in future DLCs.

The Taj Mahal and the Parthenon are pretty egregious omissions. I could understand if they want to wait for a Golden Age mechanic before they put the Taj Mahal in though.

I think Aleppo Citadel, NORAD, Space Elevator, Prora, the Burj Khalifa, Borobodur, Angkor Wat, Machu Picchu, and the Statue of Liberty are my top picks for wonders. I was very surprised when I found out that Machu Picchu and Angkor Wat weren't wonders. They seem like perfect ideas for the placement of wonders and the housing mechanic, respectively.

The Mount Rushmore would be fantastic. Teddy looking at the granite, the height of the ego.

There are some good classics on this list, like Taj Mahal and the Kremlin. I would love to see some new wonders not considered in prior incarnations of Civ. I enjoyed the addition of Potola Palace and Great Zimbabwe this time around, and would hope the developers had a few out-of-the-box wonders like that in future DLCs.

This will probably happen, since we have had almost half of the wonders of the base game out of the box, I think this trend will continue in future expansions. And in addition, the developers seem to want wonders that represent the most varied cultures and places in the world. This justifies my additions to wonders like Church of Saint George in the poll, if you think of a wonder of Ethiopia, this is the first choice for many. El Escorial as second option of wonder for Spain. The St. Peter's Basilica to occupy the space of Vatican wonder, since the Sistine Chapel seems to be outside. The Temple of Solomon to represent ancient Israel, and this may fit into the mechanism of religious victory. And the Citadel of Cairo to represent Islamic Egypt. Other options such as the Belem Tower (Portugal) and Bran Castle (Romania) can also be considered.

The Taj Mahal and the Parthenon are pretty egregious omissions. I could understand if they want to wait for a Golden Age mechanic before they put the Taj Mahal in though.

I feel it too, it seems to me that some wonders have been withdrawn to be included in the future with some new mechanism to the game.

I think Aleppo Citadel, NORAD, Space Elevator, Prora, the Burj Khalifa, Borobodur, Angkor Wat, Machu Picchu, and the Statue of Liberty are my top picks for wonders. I was very surprised when I found out that Machu Picchu and Angkor Wat weren't wonders. They seem like perfect ideas for the placement of wonders and the housing mechanic, respectively.

I think Burj Khalifa's problem is that he would come too late to the game, it would have to have a very good effect to make it worth constructing. The Sydney Opera House and the Estádio do Maracanã are too late for the game, some people do not see the need to build them, others have already won the game when they are available. The Burj Khalifa would come even later than they did.

The Mount Rushmore would be fantastic. Teddy looking at the granite, the height of the ego.

The Mount Rushmore fits nicely into the mechanism of Wonder occupying a tile.

Burj Khalifa would be great, but I think Faraxis must pay to Emaar Properties to use the building's image and name, and this could be not economically viable.I voted others because I would like to see Abu Simbel, the Golden Pavilion, the church of Santa Maria del Fiore, St. Peter's Basilica, Piaza di San Marco, Red Fort, Temple of Heaven, Itsukushima Shrine, Sagrada Familia and Las Vegas (the last one would be more emblematic as a wonder than a city, as Machu Picchu)

The CN Tower would have to take Burj Khalifa's place (and the CN Tower can come a few techs/civics earlier). It also helps that the CN Tower appeared in Gods & Kings.

However, there are many wonders that should be included before the CN Tower.

There are many, many wonders missing on that list, but alright:

The "I cannot believe these are not included in the vainilla game, their inclussion is self-explanatory" tier:
- Macchu Picchu
- Taj Majal
- Angkor Wat
- Statue of liberty
- Borobudur

The "truthly underrated" tier:
- Churches of Laibela. Come one, subterranean churches carved into the ground, how cool is that? And it is an African wonder, to boot!
- The Empire state building. The tallest building of the world for a long time, it is still an icon of NYC even nowadays despite of being surrounded by shinier, taller skycrappers. I would be cool with replacing the Empire State with the Chrysler building, though

The "not present in the poll, needs to be in the game someday" tier:

- La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Why should the past hold all the religious wonders? La Sagrada Familia is probably the latest, most modern "wondrous" cathedral in the world, an icon of Barcelona, and a true marvel to behold
- The Large Hadron Collider. This is the biggest piece of machinery ever built by mankind, it spans trought 3 different countries and it is helping us to understand the fabric of the goddamn universe itself. How is this not a world wonder yet?
- Hollywood. Probably, one of the biggest cultural institutions of the world, its influence at creating the modern cultural industry is undeniable
- Nan Madol. Come on, this wasn't a city state. It was an incredible, wondrous ceremonial complex built in the middle of the sea by unkown methods (a mystery that some compares to the construction of the Pyramids), and it deserves every big of its status as a world wonder
- Gobekli Tepe. This is one, if not THE most important building in the history of mankind. The very first monument ever crafted by human hands, it kickstarted our veer into sedentarism, and thus, into civilization itself. Just for you to have an idea of how much important this was, some people has even proposed to make our calendar start on the building date of this temple

Himeji Castle may indeed be a beautiful castle but they should recreate Azuchi Castle since that started Japanese castles being designed the way they are. They have recreated non-existent wonders anyway. Itsukushima Shrine would also be a great addition.

JUST ONCE I'd like to see the Gateway Arch as a wonder. It's such a cool structure from an engineering standpoint, very iconic appearance. Makes sense as a late-game tourism booster. I know they're trying to avoid too much Western-centric material but they've had the CN Tower (which is also very cool) in prior versions, the Arch could be done. Require it to be on grasslands by a river, give it an artifact slot or two (if you've never been there, there's a cool museum underneath it).

Top Bottom