1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing DemoGame government style

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by greekguy, Apr 14, 2005.

?

Which, if any, government changes do you support?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2005.
  1. DaveShack's changes to articles C-E

20.0%
  2. greekguy's changes to articles C-E

4.0%
  3. mad-bax's changes to articles C-E

8.0%
  4. Strider's new constitution and government

20.0%
  5. No change- stick with current constitution and government

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other- if you choose this please post on this thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. abstain

48.0%
  1. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

this is merely a survey poll to find out which way the nation is leaning. a lot of plans have been put forth by several people (including me :) ), but no one has so far tried to find out what everyone wants. I think this issue is very important, so I urge all citizens to please vote in this poll so we know which plan people really do support for official use.

Here are some links to the discussions: Here and Here

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I perfer Strider's Consitution

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Seriously: abstain, public poll.

If/When this poll is posted for real, I hope that it is a private poll. This is even more serious than elections.

4. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

it wont be, constitution changing polls are public, as they should be

5. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

When you make a vote you should be willing to stand by it

6. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I think the point of the large number of abstains is that this could be viewed by many as something very close to an election or a popularity poll. Put another way, making a public selection of this type gets uncomfortably close to announcing support for a party system or for "formal" block voting. If the changes were posted with details and without name references you might get a little further, but another reason for abstain would be to say don't waste time on vaporware, show us the real proposal.

The official polls on amendments must be public because that is the standard by which amendments are judged worthy. An up or down vote on an amendment doesn't imply support or lack thereof for the author.

7. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

My constitution/government isn't new, it's older (much older) than what we currently have.

8. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

I feel that we're electing our form of government, and as such, it's an election poll, which must be private. I guess that's up to interpretation.

9. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

Well, the point is that this is an informal poll being posted by an interested citizen. As such, he can format it however he wants.

Having said that, I'm inclined to agree with DaveShack's post. When/If we have a vote over what government to choose, I strongly hope that the format is different from the one chosen here, as it makes the government choice look like a popularity contest.

10. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

No need to hassle Greekguys survey for interest here or dumping multiple abstains on him for political correctness reasons. He just asked for our opinions on the matter, and it has no damage on the game. Surely, a binding poll would be much much more different.

11. mad-bax

mad-bax Deity GOTM Staff

I would just like to say that I absteined because no new form of words has been presented that I am sufficiently enamoured with to want to go through the upheaval of a government change for.

In other words, a new form of government or a radical constitutionas change not only has to be better, but a lot better to be worth voting for.

12. snipelfritz

snipelfritz Crazy about the Demogame

Could someone please post each proposal, cause I'm having trouble finding them.

13. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator